500 Million ASUS Motherboards. The Celebration Starts at [H]. - Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one time I saw an Asus motherboard on the [H] and I really wanted it, but alas I am stuck with this old Gigabyte Z68 board. Seriously, that's it. I've never owned an Asus board except for maybe way way waaaay back in the Athlon days.... aaaah the days when pencil lead could increase the overclockability of your CPU.

I can tell you that if I won it would be a great excuse to invest in a current generation processor! This 'old' i5-2500k is getting a little long in the tooth! :D

I have exclusively used ASUS motherboards in Desktops since I was 19. (I'm presently 32). They have always performed well and I've never had to RMA or get any type of assistance ASUS. I continue to recommend them to my friends and co-workers.

Myself - well, I never use anything else for my gaming / overclocking boards. I have tried many different ones, always have had better luck, stability and overclocks than any other one I have tried.

Been using Asus for a really long time now, since my Celeron 667 days to be exact (Asus P2B-D). My current board (ROG Crosshair V Formula) has been amazing it's fast, extremely stable, every bell and whistle you could ever want and then some. Every person that comes to me I always recommend Asus boards. They might be a few more bucks than some of the competitors but it's well worth it knowing you are getting a rock solid foundation for your system.

Bought an Asus gene z77 several years ago and its still going strong. Did a lateral upgrade, moved the gene z77 to the HTPC / Steam box moved from a i7 to a i5 3rd gen and it runs everything like a champ.

My first build was a Cyrix 686 chip with a Asus VX97 motherboard and an add-on Monster 3D voodoo card. Played a ton of Total Annihilation and Heavy Gear on that rig.

My current build is a ASUS P8P67 PRO with an i5-2500k

My first build was a Soyo Board that I paid way too much for and then it died in a year. After that I've tried a couple other brands, but ever since I bought my first Asus Board I've never went back. Would love to have one of these, and my videocard is aging. This would be awesome!

I tried Asus a couple of times in the past, their motherboards are fine, don't know what else there is to say. More of a fan of their quiet video card models really.

Been a fan of Asus boards since the Pentium 4 days. I'm currently rocking a Maximus 6 Hero and its served me well.

I have been using Asus MB's for years, currently running my third (Rampage 3 Formula). Asus make an exceptional product, that has never given me problems.

My history I just that almost half of the computers I have build (personal and family) have been ASUS based. The consistently have better warranties and the features that I need for a price that is a very small increase from the 'cheap' motherboards.

My current build is so old I'd have to pull the side panel off to ID the MB, so this would be a great excuse to upgrade and go full watercooled (CPU only at the moment)!

I have been building computers since the mid 90's and the ASUS boards have always been great. But for a specific story.. once apon a time(late 90s?)... i updated a bios with the incorrect version, totally my fault! Which equaled of course a dead board. However, after a call to tech support and telling them of my plight, they sent me a new bios chip. Which not only fixed my computer but also had the newest bios on it already for me. I have no idea if they still do things like that, but after that they had me won over as a customer. Since then, I always try to buy ASUS first when building a system.

Went Asus for my first ever roll your own box. A7N8X Deluxe with the nForce2 chipset. First dual channel memory board widely available if I recall.

Put this machine together around the time my first daughter was born. She's 12 now. I've built several machines since then but none gave me the satisfaction, or were as long lived as this one. I still have all the parts and software from that era just in case ;)

After RMAing an expensive, but troublesome high end motherboard, I finally replaced it with an ASUS motherboard. I was now able to run my system with a motherboard that utilized the latest and greatest features except without all of the problems! ASUS makes great boards!

I originally started building PC's for family and friends in the 90's. I built with motherboards made by other brands (Abit's BH6 and BP6 were my favorite) and occasionally an Asus board. Over the years of supporting these systems, after experiencing quality control issues and strange compatibility problems from the other brands, the Asus boards percolated to the top of my shortlist.

Nowadays, Asus is my go-to component supplier due to my excellent experiences with their mATX/ITX motherboards and GPU's.

I've had ASUS boards for years. Latest being an X58 Sabertooth. I really enjoy the fit and finish. Especially the padded/fitted I/O shield. Small stuff like that goes a long long way when building a system.
It's definitely not the bottleneck for my overclocking endeavours with the first gen I7 920 in there ;)

EDIT: I remember when i opened the X58 package and thinking to myself: wow, it's about time. This is what a motherboard is supposed to be. It's not flimsy, it's got heatsinks galore. It's functional. Awesome! It's even packaged properly. I was amazed.

I keep hearing 'asus has gone down hill' 'asus isnt the best anymore' ... then i start reading, and what're most folks relying on? ASUS. ASUS for a reason, folks. ASUS for a reason.

Last edited:
I have owned motherboards from most manufacturers, but the Asus boards always end up in my personal rigs. They offer better driver support and stability, along with some of the best feature sets in the industry.

I've had a few asus motherboards in the past starting from the first PC I built with a VX97, although I did not use them exclusively. All of my recent systems have been built on asus motherboards however: P8Z68 Deluxe, Z87-A, Z87-Plus, Z97-A.

At my work we were using Lenovo brand laptops loan out for various projects and to give presentations at remote sites, but there were always weird problems with them either not properly running drivers, or failed HID inputs whatever. Bought some band new ASUS GL551JM-DH71 model laptops, and we have not had a single problem since.

I've been using ASUS boards in my personal systems for years. I think my first one was an A78NX (I think). Good stuff, I really appreciate the build quality.

a story ?
well only cpu i fried while overclocking was on ASUS mobo - had a lot of fun with while it lasted - but i went to far with the voltage... good times :D ah yes motherboard survived :p

I have used many ASUS boards in the past. My two favorites were the P3B-F and the CUSL2-C. They were awesome overclocking boards. I'm sure I still have the P3B-F around here somewhere......

In 2004, I built a system with my first ASUS motherboard, an A8V. It was a huge upgrade from what I had at the time, and led to many recommendations of ASUS motherboards. Since then, I've built many computers for myself and others using ASUS underneath - including my current P8Z77-V LE. They've treated me well.

The Asus motherboard story that stands out the most is the one that ends with me discovering my Rampage III Extreme a couple weeks ago when I moved. I had a grand total of 3 days with that thing not recognizing all the inserted memory before I decided to return it to microcenter. In an act of brilliance, I apparently put the cpu slot cover on backwards when packing up and bent a bunch of pins. Microcenter denied the return, Asus wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to replace the pins, and I went out and bought myself an MSI board.

Not that there was anything horribly wrong with the MSI board but the ROG boards always seem so much better(easier) to me...plus they look really cool!...and I haven't bought anything but ROG since.

For over clocking and gaming Asus boards are all I use. Never had many issues besides some minor problems with audio popping noises on startup with my Impact Vi. I have a rig now pushing 5 years old, OCed nearly it's whole life and the mobo is still running solid (Crosshair IV formula). Also have built probably 10 rigs all with Asus mobos varying from low end to their high end and have had very few if any complaints from their owners. Glad I have not had ro rma because the process from what I've heard is not good.

I had a budget Asus board and it was pretty slim on overclocking features, I sure would like to try one of their higher end offerings.

I've been using Asus mobos since I started building computers. Had a lot of fun with the LGA 775 Intel P965 Commando. Things sure have come a long way since then.

I've had several ASUS motherboards over the years, and have had nothing but good experiences with them all. Still rocking the Sabertooth X58 motherboard in my sig, and will likely be looking into another ASUS when the upgrade bug hits me again. As far as motherboards go, they're top notch.

I did have a bad experience with three ASUS GeForce 4 cards years ago that I ordered at the same time, and haven't bought another ASUS video card since. All three of them died within a two month period, immediately after the warranty period expired. :mad: Never quite got over that, I guess...

I'd be happy to give their Video cards another shot though, if luck should fall upon me! :D

Ax

had an asus board back when for a pentium 4. looking for an upgrade. this would be one!

I've had a couple of Asus motherboards and the most recent, my P6T Deluxe was great. I've always wanted to try out a Sabertooth board...

Picked up parts for a system, but the mobo wasn't recognizing the CPU... needed a BIOS update, but without a CPU, how?

Turns out that ASUS board I'd picked up could do a bios update from a certain USB port even with no CPU in the board... after update, everything worked like a champ!

I have a recent story of an ASUS motherboard. My current gaming PC was running an Intel Z77 motherboard, the motherboard started having issues booting until it eventually stopped booting altogether.

Intel support couldn't figure it out so I got a replacement which just happened to be an ASUS. I installed it and everything worked perfectly. It's been a great motherboard so far. I've owned a lot of ASUS products over the years but haven't had a ASUS motherboard in several years. Now I'm glad I do.

Asus BlackPearl Edition for my Pentium 4 back in the day. Best MOBO I have experienced. That thing was ROCK SOLID never had a single issue and thats the board I cut my teeth on with OCing, mind you this was back in the days that watercooling was not mainstream so everything was done on air. World class products.

After several years of sitting idle and naked in a drawer, abused by a huge varied of little tools and other items dropped on top of it, I finally pulled it out and threw a E8500 CPU on it. I wasn't expecting it to be functional but damn........ the thing booted fine and is working in a small home server now. The only downside is that I can't make it see more than 3GB RAM and after trying several DIMMs I finally gave up. Still the fact that is working after a lot of abuse (heavy overclocking in the past too) is amazing.

I guess I've been a lucky one as I have not had any issues with any of my motherboards from any brand. I've been building my own PC's and those for my friends and family since the 486 days. I can't say I've always picked Asus as sometimes there was value in other brands. But the times I have used Asus boards have been noticeable and I always recommend them. The little things like component layout, bundled items, software and BIOS prove they have always been the best of the best.

I've always tried using ASUS motherboards when I can. I'm currently using a Sabertooth Z77 board. I've had 2 or three ASUS laptops as well and recommend them to friends and family, too. ASUS makes great products!

My friend Doug in Oklahoma had never built a PC. I decided to help him by having us build identical PCs simutainiously. I chose the parts for our new systems based upon our budgets and computing needs. Our builds started with the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe motherboards. I chose that motherboard due to the stellar performance it gave when being reviewed by the guys here at [H]ardocp.

Once we both had all our parts we got to work. Many phonecalls, texts and pics later, we had our new gaming rigs and Doug had finally built his first PC.

We are both still enjoying those same computers to this day.

Recently purchased an Asus z97 AR. Really surprised how well a 4690k overclocks on this board. Great value for the price.

The first computer I built used an Asus board. The most recent uses a CrossHair V Formula-Z. I have never had a problem with an Asus board or even product now that I have one of the wireless routers. Hope to build an X99 soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back