500 Million ASUS Motherboards. The Celebration Starts at [H]. - Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! good luck everyone!

My first ASUS motherboard is P3BF - Pentium 3, My first ASUS Video Card are one of those RIVA TNT - Forgot the model but its AGP.

I had an epic fail and have disqualified myself, lmao. My memory failed me, the BP-6 was an A bit, dohhh :(

Back in the AMD days my Asus nforce 2 board overclocked my 2500+ about 100mhz further than my buddy's abit board! He was pissed!

Never personally owned an Asus motherboard, but have always recommended them to friends. These days I consider Asus to be a preference, or go-to, when it comes to name brands.

My first Asus board was a K7M and an Athlon 700...first o/c to 1gig! Those were the days.

z87-a bought with 4670k goes without saying been solid OC and no issues whatsoever.
I only ask that it works if it dosnt I dont buy stuff again from the same brand.

Bought a gigabyte board recently. A H97 board. Wish I bought the an asus board instead :/ I had an asus P5B that lasted me a good long while, Probably longer then it should have. I'm about to make it a server/ video recording system.

I love the Q connector too. That makes my life so easy. Asus does some very smart things.

I've used so many asus motherboards over the years and loved them all...but the last one which made me switch to gigabyte. I had an amd phenom II cpu and asus mobo and it died rather quickly. I tried to get support from Asus who all but ignored me and then when I finally got a response from bugging them, they basically said they wouldn't issue an RMA because the motherboard had a 90 day warranty even tho it was clearly marked other wise....and the rest is history.

My first asus motherboard was a Asus P4P800E then i upgraded to the Asus commando, then i got a asus rampage III formula ( with this motherboard i started buying asus gpu's as well ) Now i own a ASUS Maximus VI Hero with ASUS GTX 780ti and a ASUS GTX560 ti for physx, and a asus oc panel. i think my first asus board i bought because a friend recommended it, it still works to this day so i stuck with them, later i just came to love the build quaitly and over all look of ROG branded stuff.

I started using ASUS boards during P5A/Socket-7 era. Very solid boards but ASUS really came into their own with Celeron 300A overclocking on the P2B, then OCing slot 1 P3 on the P3B-F. These boards became legend with their rock solid stability and OCing success. By the time we were OCing P4 1.6A on P4Bs, ASUS was already THE brand to consistently rely on.

Happy loyal ASUS costumer, my first mobo was a ASUS mobo for a P54C Pentium, ware i put in a 75Mhz Pentium that i could OC to 100MHz stable, and if i remember correctly, i also added 64KB fast SRAM to it.

Its a shame i sold the mobo, i would love to just have it back, and hang it on the wall in my PC man cave. :D

The first board I ever purchased was an ASUS board for an old Athlon 2500, I was only 13 at the time and it was a low end board but nevertheless I was very happy.
Winning this drawing would help me replace this faulty XFX 7970 and get me gaming with my friends again!

Honestly forget what my first build was with an ASUS motherboard, but know I have been using them in my personal builds, and builds I do for others for years now.

Just look at my current build, ASUS is all up in that B, and it will continue to be that way, I always look to ASUS first, when it comes time for my new upgrades If I win this I will have to buy that Swift series monitor I have been looking at for some time now, just have not been able to set aside the money to do so.

I have always admired the attention to detail that Asus has put into it's boards. They have always been at or near the top of the list for boards that I use when building systems. My first dual GPU system was on an ASUS board. Dual 7900 GTs. It was amazing.

Have owned quite a few MB's over the years, some packed with features other quite bare but they all worked more or less but some did take a trip to RMA.
But one brand i haven't tried is ASUS so my story is sadly lacking in completeness, can you help alleviate that?

Asus P9X79 Pro worked fine from the time I owned it until the time it was replaced.

Asus X99-a is in use and working great.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS had issues with booting on the PSUs I tried, until a different PSU fried it. RMA was useless.

I recently bought an AM3 Asus, the M4A79XTD, so as to properly OC my old Thuban without fear of blowing up the FETs on the notoriously fragile MSI 870AG54.

Back in the day, a K7V was the 'board of choice for OC my Slot A Athlon. I has a Golden Fingers connector and managed to be the first of several OC nuts at work to break the 1 GHz mark with an 800MHz chip.

These 'stories' aren't much, but my morning coffee hasn't yet kicked in. ;)

The first custom PC I built for myself was based on a p5B-Deluxe Wifi/AP. I LIVED that motherboard. IT was in three different systems, from my main rig, to my HTPC to a home server. Rocking everythign from a e6300, an 34400, and a Q6600. It was FLAWLESS, and is one of the reasons I go to ASUS mobos more than any other brand.

This holiday season, good friends of mine called me up and asked for help buying a gaming system for their 14 year old son. They have no PC experience beyond an old pre-built Gateway system that was barely running. I suggested that instead of buying a pre-built system, he should build his first computer with my help. I asked them about their needs and they stressed that they wanted a system that would last and would be trouble free. I too wanted a system that would be trouble free because the last thing I wanted was to build a system that wasn't stable and required my "technical support". So when I picked the motherboard I knew it would be an ASUS. One of their needs was to have both wired and wireless access so we built the system around an ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi. The setup went perfect and the system has zero issues.

I was confident choosing ASUS because of my prior experiences with ASUS:

2003 ASUS P4P800 (Donated)
2005 ASUS P5GDC-V (Legacy hardware still in limited use)
2007 ASUS Commando (Used daily)
2009 ASUS P6T (Used daily)
2010 ASUS P7P55D-E Pro (Used daily)
2011 ASUS P8Z68-V (Used daily)
2012 ASUS P8Z68-V LX (Used daily)
2014 ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi (System built for a friend's son, used daily)

As you can see, ASUS is my go to motherboard manufacturer. Each and every one of them has performed flawlessly over the years and I have full confidence they will continue to do so. Just yesterday my family had a Torchlight 2 multiplayer marathon that lasted all day; Zero issues, 100% fun with ASUS as the foundation.

I must admit that I was a little bit jealous when I was helping my friend's son setup a new system this holiday season. It's been a few years since I've built a system (2012) and I was beginning to feel the itch. However, since all of my systems are performing without any issues what-so-ever, I have no leverage to convince my wife that I need to build a new system.

I know eventually I'll build another new system, and the system board will be an ASUS. Though this year I'd certainly enjoy adding the following to my ASUS History:

2015 ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S with an ASUS Strix GTX 980

Been using two ASUS gtx 660's in SLI. With the directCU coolers, they run extremely quiet and the fans barely spin. Since the fans are on low most of the time, there is almost no dust in the coolers!!

I've owned quite a few Asus motherboards over the years, starting with an A7M. My current desktop and media pc have Asus motherboards, as did my previous systems stolen while was out of town on a long weekend (still in my signature, time for an update). Even my laptop and tablet are Asus. :) I'm looking to upgrade my processor, motherboard and video card in the next year for Star Citizen, so this would give me a head start.

My last five builds have all had ASUS boards and they worked flawlessly. Would like my sixth build to continue to use Asus.

I've almost exclusively owned Asus motherboards for the past 14 years or so. Only two of them I had major problems with, the rest were awesome including my latest which is a Z87 Sabertooth. This is probably the most stable motherboard I've ever owned. I once tried a gigabyte board a few years back and hated it. I had tons of problems and you could see a difference in quality from the manual to the components.

I am the current owner of an Asus Z77 Sabertooth, and I've been extremely pleased with it so far. It's been rock solid reliable for the 2 years I've owned it, it overclocks very easily, and it looks awesome with my military themed build. I've been hesitant to upgrade it because it's been so reliable and pain free, but an upgrade to the new Asus Sabertooth board would definitely give me a reason to do so!

I've been running my ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard with the Intel 2600K chip since early 2011 with no issues at all. I've had previous ASUS motherboards as well and never had a problem with any of them. I could really use an upgrade :)

I have been using Asus Motherboard since my first computer I ever built. (K7M) and have pretty only build computers with Asus motherboards.

I have been using my trusty Asus M3N-HT for 5 years. I really need to upgrade...winning this would help.

I've been building computers for myself since 2002. My very first build featured a CUV4X-E. I've pretty much used nothing but ASUS boards ever since. All my favorite boards have been ASUS boards.

I had to use a Asus mobo to replace an MSI one with leaky caps for an AMD system I had built for my Dad. Popped it in and configured it and, once the OS was reinstalled, it worked better than ever before!

Wow!

That's quite a prize!

Count me in!

I remember my first Asus motherboard, though I don't remember the model number it was a Super Socket 7 board running an AMD K6-2.

The Asus board that lasted me the longest though is a Original Asus Maximus Formula x38. In fact it's still running right now with a Xeon x3360!

Last edited:
Had very good luck over the years with Asus motherboards and video cards. Still rocking a monster HD6970 that I bought a few years back and have been eyeing the GTX 970's (although winning a 980 would be awesome!).

I believe my first was an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe paired with an AMD Athlon XP 2100+. I can't say I was a fan of the Nforce2 chipset, but it worked well enough for it's time running two instances of DaoC.

Later I upgraded to an A8N-SLI with an AMD Opteron 165. It was rock solid.

Next step was an Asus P5K WIFI with an Intel Q6600. It was rock solid as well.

Now I'm using an Asus Z9PE-D8 WS and I don't think I'll be upgrading again for quite a while.

For me it's simple, if I want a relatively pain free with no major issues, easy to OC system, I generally choose an Asus motherboard. I remember having issues with Abit during early pentium days so I switched to Asus and my system was stable, then I decided to give abit another chance during the Q6600 days, but they then went out of business, I couldn't get them to fix a bios bug when all 4 DIMM slots were populated with the max size of dimm supported, and instantly regretted not going with Asus.

4 of my last 5 builds have had Asus mobo's. The 2nd one was still being used in a word processing machine, by my mother, up until 6 months ago. That mobo finally died (capacitor failure) after 10 years of use.

Back in the K6 days I got my first Asus board from Newegg.
I read the reviews about it being the fastest boot times, mine clocked in faster. The warranty was the hook that sold me.
I have a M5A99FX PRO R2.0 now and will continue my Asus builds for my computers as long as they continue to make them.

My first Asus motherboard was an A7N8X, it was a trooper and lasted a very long time. I've always loved Asus manufactured equipment and plan to stick with them.

Since my first custom computer built till now, I only use Asus because they have always been a solid platform.

I'm somewhat an ASUS fanboy, currently own a z87 Hero, CrosshairV F-z , Sabertooth 990FX , M5A 99Pro plus an assortment of DCII GFX cards. I have only had one ASUS board fail and that was an A8V deluxe. The RMA was painless and ASUS even sent me a board for the transition. Once mine was deemed defective I just kept the one they sent. I guess I also had a Crosshair 3 that died but that was user error.

My humble beginnings with ASUS began with the stellar A7N8X, to the A8NE, and continue to this day via mobos for builds, and their outstanding aftermarket video cards. Keep it up ASUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back