500 dollar laptop shootout A6 VS. i3. How to OC lano GPU/CPU tips?

teletran8

2[H]4U
Since all i3 SB laptops suck and you can't even run F@H on their HD 3000 gpu, I'm done trying to fold anything on their sloppy 2C/4T/HD graphics design when this WU finishes. A SB i3 laptop will net 500-1000 ppd when it comes to i3's LOL! Usually LESS! Pic. I'm racking up like 342 PPD right NOW OMG on this junk!!11!

120nf9d.png

For the same money you can get an A6 Fusion. Which has 4 cores and an AMD GPU which pulls almost 2x the FPS of an i3 HD 3000 in CB 11.5 rendering tests. As well you can FOLD on 4 REAL cores and the AMD 6xxx series GPU.

vggb6.png

When I fold on the A6 APU my CPU and GPU temps are around 68* and the CPUs limit is 105* I wonder if there's any free MHz on this chip without adjusting voltage, same with the GPU looks like it runs @ 400MHz anyone with a Llano get any extra out of their GPU with minimal heat I'm thinking 500-600 should be possible on the core but I never experimented with a mobile GPU. Advice is welcome. tia

Oh yeah i3's sucks all kinda butt compared to AMD lawl!

If anyone wants specific testing/bench done against these 2 lappys I will, and both these laptops run 500.00 USD. So far the AMD wins in CB single thread and MT but the i3 is clocked low, but for 500 on each I dunno how Intel sells these things against AMD I guess there's a lot of uninformed idiots out there. Then factor in lmost 2x as fast GPU performance, and wow Intel has brainwashed masses of people it seems.

Let's see how they compare I'll update with Test Scores daily.

Last edited:
cant you get i3 laptops with the 2350 or what ever that run at ~2.4ghz compared to one that runs at 1.4

Can we bury the whole thing about "omg lol XX fans r idiotz" / "YY is suxor lol grammar"?

The comparisons are a good thing. The rhetoric is not.

cant you get i3 laptops with the 2350 or what ever that run at ~2.4ghz compared to one that runs at 1.4

Exactly this teletran8, you're comparing a 35w mainstream platform AMD processor versus a 17w ultraportable platform Intel processor. As for why Acer put a 17w processor in n a 5 pound mainstream notebook, I have no fucking clue...but apparently they fooled you into thinking it was a good deal :D

The correct processor to compare would be the Core i3 2330M(2.20GHz). Thanks to Ivy Bridge, this fully-capable model is now going for the fire sale price of...yup, $500!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246219

Hey, it even comes with an discrete GPU that features similar performance to the A6 (half the shaders, but almost twice the core speed)!

You can get it all!

People buy laptops for folding???

Exactly. Without other relevant tests, all this is some obscure test to justify his purchase and fanboyism.

Gaming and battery life tests under different circumstances would be the more relevant tests here. I think everyone wants to see those.

Back