$50 off Multi Monitor Stand = $99 (not MIR)

Damn, I'm in need of a triple mount. Got me excited. Not to derail, but I'll take any triple mount suggestions.

Damn, I'm in need of a triple mount. Got me excited. Not to derail, but I'll take any triple mount suggestions.

Get 3 of the single monitor mounts from monoprice. Can buy them for ~60$ total. I have to of the 5402 mounts, and will get a 3rd when I have a 3rd monitor. They are very heavyduty, but require a fairly thick desk to clamp to. I have a crappy OfficeDepot desk and had to put a 1x piece of wood under there for added thickness.

I think this is a pretty solid deal...
It's not a 'mount to your desk' it's a 'sit on your desk.' Also, it supports 24" screens.

Does Monoprice sell any that can do portrait mode as well for dual monitors? Can't seem to find any.

Not bad. Now do I want mount to desk or sit on desk...

Mounting is cheaper and more fun to install. Pain to uninstall when switching desks.

Sit on desk is more expensive, less fun to install - but I don't need to really worry about what part of the desk it goes on....

I really kind of want to buy this but there are people saying that dell 23" widescreens don't fit! ugh.
I have two Dell SP2309W's. I'm worried I won't be able to angle them on this...

It has always been amazing to me that monitor stands can often cost more than the monitor itself.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If this is the Planar, then it's a very nice stand. I have it right now and have used it with dual Dell P2310Hs (23" 1920x1080) monitors and now use it with dual U2410s.Nice and sturdy. $90-$100 for this stand is a pretty good deal.

should this support 2 U2311H's in landscape mode? that's a hell of a deal...

Don't. These are cheap garbage.

Cons:
The desk mount is floppy and does not hold the monitors level.
The mount on the back of the monitor has a ball joint that can crack just by snugging it down.
Mine, 1 side is starting to sag and there is no adjustment for this.
The overall construction is less than inspiring.

I am looking for a replacement. We have 3 of these at work and they are like cheap fiber board furniture, it gets the job done, but if you move it more than once, it is shot.

Anyone looking for a multi monitor stand, I suggest you dont skimp and go with something extremely sturdy.

I love monoprice, and always recommend them but I bought a multi stand once and had my 22's mounted... After about a months use, one of the arms caved even after tightening the retention screw causing one of the monitors corner to bump into the screen of the other shattering it =/

Since then, I've replaced it with a SpaceCo SA02 - I loved them sooo much I bought two thinking I was gonna go quad... Which reminds me I need to sell it if anyone is interested ;) haha - shameless plug. The thing I love about SpaceCo's are there quick disconnect mounts if you need to service/replace the monitors...

Back on the topic, Ergotron or SpaceCo are the best in the business - others may work as a cheap alternative but I learned the hard way... $20 for a cheap mount + $200 to replace the monitor damaged -

Holy crap $620 for a dual monitor mount with a C-clamp from SpaceCo.
That just seems a wee bit ridiculous when the equivalent Ergotron part is about half that price.

I went with the 3 single mount setup myself and have no regrets.

The stand footprint is almost non existant doing it that way.

Was cheap as hell doing it that way. Like someone else said... gotta have a beefy desk to support bigger monitors on the single desk clamp mounts.

Good deals but I can't clamp things to my desk (flush back, and I don't want to mar the finish since I actually have a decent desk)

If I could find a wall mounted dual and triple mount I'd be in business. Eventually I want to get nice hardwood stained and beveled pieces between the mounts and the wall for looks, but that's for next year.

I wonder how difficult it would be to just build one of these. I have a glass desk, and I'd like to get either a clamp or floor stand, but I need something that can rotate to portrait for document editing.

I used monoprice ones with 28" hanns g's and they worked well, although the triple arm one had some issues sagging, but I was really pushing the weight limit on it

Don't. These are cheap garbage.

I don't doubt your experience. But looking at the 100+ reviews on the item he referred to, only ONE is less than 7/10. If you have feedback, please post a review on that item.

I have bought LOTS of stuff there, and the reviews significantly affect my purchases. Please post it there so we can all benefit from your experiences with the products!

I don't doubt your experience. But looking at the 100+ reviews on the item he referred to, only ONE is less than 7/10. If you have feedback, please post a review on that item.

I have bought LOTS of stuff there, and the reviews significantly affect my purchases. Please post it there so we can all benefit from your experiences with the products!

Scroll up son.

Holy crap $620 for a dual monitor mount with a C-clamp from SpaceCo.
That just seems a wee bit ridiculous when the equivalent Ergotron part is about half that price.

Umm, I think retail price on the Dual mounts I bought was $380ish but I found them for half price...

Those cheap mounts suck. I tried it with my eyefinity setup and it was hugely disappointingt. Glad I found some guy on CL who bought it off me. Still lost money though. Avoid them for eyefinity/surround. Should be ok for office work, nothing else.

Those cheap mounts suck. I tried it with my eyefinity setup and it was hugely disappointingt. Glad I found some guy on CL who bought it off me. Still lost money though. Avoid them for eyefinity/surround. Should be ok for office work, nothing else.

The cheap ones aren't bad if you have a some mod skills. I took off one of the arms on the two side monitors and both on the center mount to fix the wobble people have. Since the clamp wouldn't work on my desk I took the clamp off and made it so all I had to do was make four 3/16 holes for each mount and use some pan head screws with nuts. I have 3 24" monitors sitting rock solid.

Pics below to show the end result. I am very pleased with my $60 triple screen setup. Best of all is not having the big footprint from some of the other mounts.

IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2240.jpg
IMG_2241.jpg

http://www.tykesupply.com/Products.html
Double ($45), triple ($56), quad ($80), hex ($95). [/thread]

I recommend getting the hex for those that want to do 24"+ triple setups though because of it's beefier mounting pole and longer (but still fully adjustable, unlike the super-triple) arms. And if you ever end up with extra displays, well you have a second arm to play with.

http://www.tykesupply.com/Products.html
Double ($45), triple ($56), quad ($80), hex ($95). [/thread]

I recommend getting the hex for those that want to do 24"+ triple setups though because of it's beefier mounting pole and longer (but still fully adjustable, unlike the super-triple) arms. And if you ever end up with extra displays, well you have a second arm to play with.

Is that website...legitimate? Looks a bit shady if you ask me...

Though they do accept Google Checkout, so even if they are scam artists, I suppose we're covered.

Not bad, but everyone should take a look at Monoprice's LCD brackets/stands too.

Quad monitor mount ~$67:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=5559

Dual desk mount ~$39:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=5560

I haven't bought any of their desktop mounts, but I have purchased (& installed) quite a few different wall mounts. Good quality, super cheap.

+1 on their stands. I was surprised they sold them, and ended up buying a few a while back. They work great (I mean they are just stands after all, as long as they stand and don't fall over, not much else you could ask for). They weren't wobbly or anything. Very solid, and inexpensive!

Is that website...legitimate? Looks a bit shady if you ask me...

Though they do accept Google Checkout, so even if they are scam artists, I suppose we're covered.

Yeah, they're legit, I've had their dual monitor desk mount for a couple years now and like it a lot.

The cheap ones aren't bad if you have a some mod skills. I took off one of the arms on the two side monitors and both on the center mount to fix the wobble people have. Since the clamp wouldn't work on my desk I took the clamp off and made it so all I had to do was make four 3/16 holes for each mount and use some pan head screws with nuts. I have 3 24" monitors sitting rock solid.

Pics below to show the end result. I am very pleased with my $60 triple screen setup. Best of all is not having the big footprint from some of the other mounts.

IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2240.jpg
IMG_2241.jpg

It looks like you have 3 separate arms.

I ordered an ergotron dual LX for like $350 at one point. The thing was massive and unbelievably adjustable. However, how many of you move your monitor around during the day? Yep, me too. I eventually got one of the $39 dual stands from e-bay (looks just like this one - http://www.tykesupply.com/Products_Super_Dual_Monitor_Stand.html). Rock solid and takes up a lot less space than the ergotron.

In my experience, the "quality" difference is way overblown.

Get 3 of the single monitor mounts from monoprice. Can buy them for ~60$ total. I have to of the 5402 mounts, and will get a 3rd when I have a 3rd monitor. They are very heavyduty, but require a fairly thick desk to clamp to. I have a crappy OfficeDepot desk and had to put a 1x piece of wood under there for added thickness.

i have 2 of these: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5402&seq=1&format=2
and i quit using them after i moved.. they couldn't even hold the weight of a 17 inch without tilting ever so slightly.. then i had a 22 inch on the other one and it was even worse. maybe i am just too ocd or something..
the weak point seems to be the "joints".. the tolerances are too low or something. if there was some rotation adjustment, then i would still use them.. but there isn't..

Last edited:
Back