50 foot HDMI cable won't work anymore from pc to projector

I've seen this a couple times. The metal surround on the port female side can sometimes enlarge or pushed wider so that the connector loses just enough connection to break the handshake. What I did was use a flat head and pushed the metal in a lil bit so the male end makes a more snug connection. I had this happen on two DP panels and an hdmi. It took a long time to figure out too! And just plain intuition or a guess, that I tried to make the connection tighter. And it worked.
Never heard that before but makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tip!

I've seen this a couple times. The metal surround on the port female side can sometimes enlarge or pushed wider so that the connector loses just enough connection to break the handshake. What I did was use a flat head and pushed the metal in a lil bit so the male end makes a more snug connection. I had this happen on two DP panels and an hdmi. It took a long time to figure out too! And just plain intuition or a guess, that I tried to make the connection tighter. And it worked.
ive seen that before too and I know theres a DP/tightness joke in there somewhere...

Back