i think [H] did a review on 6 screen (3 x 2)....so i would assume 5x1 can be done.

5x1 would be a sick setup.

5x1 portrait would rock. 3x1 landscape is fine for me though. I only do single gpu, and hate how LCD's look when not at native. So I am limited to whatever a single 5870 can handle, until the 6870, or whatever they are going to call their fastest single GPU card, comes out..

It is not yet natively supported in the driver to my knowledge.

And yes we have been looking forward to this for a while.....

HardOCP_Eyefinity_DreamStation.png

Thank GOD I didn't post what I WAS going to post in here (pls see GenMay). :D I love the 5x1 config idea. your mixed Eyefinity config would be superb for RTS and Flight sims, for sure.

AMD has shown it working publicly since June and I have been asking for it since November. I have no clue when it will become a supported feature.

5x1920x1200 is 11.5Mpix

How is anyone going to power that? My OCd 5970 struggles with 2560x1600 in a few games :}

As cool as 5x1 with 27" 1920x1200 monitors would be. For that big of a res, I would rather have 3x1 in 30" Displays. Until monitors have little to no bezel, 5 monitors is just too much like looking out your front window of a house to me. At least with 3 huge 30" displays the bezels are not nearly as noticeable. And would still take the amount of horse power to run wither setup like that.

Ehm highend 27" are 2560x1440. For 1920x1200 use 24".

Oh yeah the newer ones are. My Eyefinity setup is 3 x Dell2709W's w/ 1920x1200 native res.

Actually the perfect setup would be 20" Portrait + 30" Landscape + 20" Portrait. Not sure why AMD still hasn't fixed Eyefinity to allow that yet. I know tons of gamers that would be all over that combination.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Do you have them in portrait mode?

I have 2xDell 3007 with no Eyefinity right now and I'm undecided what setup to go for with an odd number of screens. Either one more 30" and have them all in portrait or 5 24" in portrait once supported.

I have gone back and forth with Portrait vs Landscape. For gaming I think Landscape hands down is the best with 3 x 1 Eyefinity. But for business and web pages and e-mailing, and no gaming Portrait is the winner easily. Question is, if your a [H]ard gamer than landscape = FTW. But if you're not gaming much right now, and doing business or school work, and programming etc... Portrait is the winner.

5 x 1 Portrait would be the only way, Landscape at that size would be silly, you would never see the two end displays.

If I had two 30" displays, for sure I would find a way to get a third and run that sweet setup in Landscape. But still hope that AMD finds a way to get that 20"P + 30"L + 20"P to work, that would be awesome.

Right now I am just playing WoW Raids to gear up my characters to handle the new Cataclysm zones. I love playing WoW 5760x1200res, just amazing.

Back