$5 Per Month For Beats Music?

What would this give me that Spotify wouldn't? They need to beat the selection of the current contenders to get any marketshare.

Nope, doesn't offer anything worth that vs spotify or anything else

I would not pay any money for any music again in my life. I'm completely bored of it.
Games and movies up next.

Nope. I stopped buying/listening to music years ago in protest against all the RIAA lawsuits. After about a month I didn't miss it any more.

I love Spotify, it's one of the few subscriptions I pay for, but if someone can offer their selection and gapless playback, both desktop and mobile, especially at $5, I'd consider switching.

Spotify has had problems with gapless for quite a while now and keeps promising a fix but nothing comes. They have made some large investments but won't spend a some time and money on making their service even better by just fixing gapless. Yes, I can get it to work by turning it off and on many times, but for $10 a month it should just work, and work for my Android device as well. I could vote with my wallet but I really do like the service and just want it to work(and I really would rather have the Spotify logo on my desktop/phone rather than Beats :D) /rant off

if it was better than google music all access that I pay 7.99/mnth for I would at least give it a shot. So far nothing else has done it for me.

The whole Beats brand is about showing off. You can't wear software, so it's worthless.

I think they can do it as long as their star power can convince other labels to give beats a discount compared to other streaming services. Regardless pandora YouTube suffice for a lot o fpeople

Nope. I stopped buying/listening to music years ago in protest against all the RIAA lawsuits. After about a month I didn't miss it any more.

What? Do you just drive around in silence in your car?
Is your house silent during get togethers?

Sounds awkward...

iTunes match is $24.99 a year, they need to fold it into that sub for it to make sense.

Well.... if it's good why not?? Most services charge in that vicinity for pay-to-listen (ala Google Play Music for instance). Matter of fact... it's just gotta be AS good as GPM in order to be a good deal. GPM is $7.99/month unlimited.

Coming from apple I'd pay $5 a month, but from someone else I expect free even if free is better quality. ;)

For me to pay $5 a month, it'd need to be amazing. I pay for SiriusXM, but that's in the car mostly. I do stream with Spotify, Pandora and SiriusXM.

It'd really need to be an impressive service for me to go for it. As it stands now - no.

Spotify is a good step in the right direction. I'd love Pandora but with 'Deep Tracks' style stuff (B-sides, rarities, lesser known songs) rather than the singles only (played on radio) music. I'd pay $5 a month for that, plus multiple device, download songs (I'm fine with a monthly check-in to check sub status), streaming, etc...

I'm needy when it comes to music. There hasn't been a perfect service for me yet that I've found. So, I use several... All free.

I dont have Spotift since 10 bucks is more then I like to spend on something that I don't use that often. But if Beats can even come close to the music selection Spotify has, has decent apps for mobile and desktop, and offline playback, then hell yes I'd spend 5 bucks.

Sounds awkward...

Yes, if I'm driving my car by myself the radio is off. If my wife is along she'll probably have it on. I mostly drive a motorcycle so there's not a lot of time spent in my car. Here is southern California I can ride my bike all year long.

Usually when there's a get together, everyone is talking so there's not much silence. The parties I normally throw are LAN parties so music isn't needed. If the wifey throws a party she may have some music on, or the TV. She likes music, I just ignore it.

Yes, if I'm driving my car by myself the radio is off. If my wife is along she'll probably have it on. I mostly drive a motorcycle so there's not a lot of time spent in my car. Here is southern California I can ride my bike all year long.

Usually when there's a get together, everyone is talking so there's not much silence. The parties I normally throw are LAN parties so music isn't needed. If the wifey throws a party she may have some music on, or the TV. She likes music, I just ignore it.

Now we know why you are sadsteve.

Sounds awkward...

Sometimes I get more enjoyment from listening to my car instead of music. Nothing beats the sweet sound of a turbo spooling and then the plumb-back psshew. :)

It's all just sounds, some are more enjoyable, especially ones that don't nickel and dime me to death each month. Stuff subscriptions.

Pay for music that isn't live? Why would you do that?

Winner!

Too many free options to listen to the stuff that airs on the radio. I can't fathom why anyone would pay a subscription for something that can be gotten free.

Hmm so is that your way of say I'm getting to OLD for the carp :D

star-wars-its-a-carp.jpg

Pay for music that isn't live? Why would you do that?

Because studio music often has better production quality, and for vocals, a lot of singers actually have terrible voices?

But thats just my opinion, no doubt just as valid as yours.

Kinda terrible that most of you think $5 a month is too much to pay for a wide selection of music. Doesn't matter the source, there are plenty.

But still, you guys must not value music.

I would, I used to pay $10 for mog and it was great. Then they were bought by, yep that right, beats. Mog had the best stream app but beats just discarded and used their app. Maybe it's better now but I didn't want to pay 10 bucks for it, at $5 I would though.

Kinda terrible that most of you think $5 a month is too much to pay for a wide selection of music. Doesn't matter the source, there are plenty.

But still, you guys must not value music.

I agree with you.... I don't see how unlimited access to a HUGE DB of music isn't worth $5.00/month.

Winner!

Too many free options to listen to the stuff that airs on the radio. I can't fathom why anyone would pay a subscription for something that can be gotten free.

I also agree. I can't remember the last time I paid for music, besides concerts.

So like is the music remastered with beats quality super hyperphonic audiosynthetic oscillorotoscoping techmology?

Winner!

Well you get what you pay for. I dont know of any free services that let you queue the songs you want to listen to without some kind of restrictions. Maybe for some thats "good nuff", but for others we want to listen to what we want to listen to when we want to listen to it.

I agree with you.... I don't see how unlimited access to a HUGE DB of music isn't worth $5.00/month.

Except that huge DB is like cable. 100+ channels and still nothing worth watching.

I ripped all my CD's to MP3's years ago, and I have them all on a USB thumb drive plugged into my car. Any music I'd ever want to listed to is only a playlist away.

Back