$5 Per Month For Beats Music?

So $5 a month for music with excessive bass?

With services like songza, why would anyone pay money?

If it hasn't changed too much since the Mog buyout I would consider it...but I doubt that is the case.

Well you get what you pay for. I dont know of any free services that let you queue the songs you want to listen to without some kind of restrictions. Maybe for some thats "good nuff", but for others we want to listen to what we want to listen to when we want to listen to it.

iHeart Radio and Grooveshark are the two that instantly spring to mind.

Grooveshark when I have a very specific play list of songs I want. iHeart when I just want to stream certain bands/genre on my phone. While i haven't used GS in quite a while, last I checked neither had any real restrictions.

Unless it's Howard Stern or NPR all you're listening to is commercials.

Howard Stern is shit. He's never been funny and I'd rather listen to Niki Minaj or whatever her name is.

So $5 a month for music with excessive bass?

With services like songza, why would anyone pay money?

I use Songza quite a lot, but I have to wonder since Google bought it out just how long it will survive.

I spend 3$ a month on di.fm premium. It's all I need. Really. And 320kbps streams now? Yes please!

I spend 3$ a month on di.fm premium. It's all I need. Really. And 320kbps streams now? Yes please!

I'd give you some props on that, except it's just electronic music. I like downtempo stuff like Morcheeba, but most of the time I don't want to listen to electronic. I like to listen to Bon Iver or classic rock. Occasionally I want to hear some new stuff. Spotify works to that end and really, the commercials aren't really that bad on the free version.

They could give Beats away for free, and just like free Origin games, would never touch my devices.

Howard Stern is shit. He's never been funny and I'd rather listen to Niki Minaj or whatever her name is.

Howard Stern is honest, thats why I like him. I was listening to an interview he gave to Emanuel Lewis, you know the "kid" from Webster, who like still looks 12 even though hes 45. Instead of asking the usual safe questions like "whats hollywood like? How were your costars?" he asked him things like "so do you still have to work for money? Are you broke? Are you a virgin? How the hell do you get laid?", you know the kinds of questions we're all secretly wondering in our heads. Sometimes it comes off as crass but there's a certain level of authenticity to it all. He has no filter and it's quite refreshing. Whenever I stumble upon normal talk radio of any kind all I hear is the safety filter in full effect, boring ass dialogue scripted and approved for by sponsors to sell the next 15 minute commercial block.

iHeart Radio and Grooveshark are the two that instantly spring to mind.

Grooveshark when I have a very specific play list of songs I want. iHeart when I just want to stream certain bands/genre on my phone. While i haven't used GS in quite a while, last I checked neither had any real restrictions.

But grooveshark has ads, and their shared cloud system to some weird naming scheme's that can make it annoying to find stuff. Plus they're constantly being targeted by RIAA which has led to service disruptions. With Google Play I dont get any of that. I dont get 15 hits for the same slong/album I am looking for without knowing which quality is the best. There are no ads, and the service is consistent. Maybe you dont care about these things, but thats why some of us are willing to pay for a cleaner service.

Howard Stern is honest, thats why I like him. I was listening to an interview he gave to Emanuel Lewis, you know the "kid" from Webster, who like still looks 12 even though hes 45. Instead of asking the usual safe questions like "whats hollywood like? How were your costars?" he asked him things like "so do you still have to work for money? Are you broke? Are you a virgin? How the hell do you get laid?", you know the kinds of questions we're all secretly wondering in our heads. Sometimes it comes off as crass but there's a certain level of authenticity to it all. He has no filter and it's quite refreshing. Whenever I stumble upon normal talk radio of any kind all I hear is the safety filter in full effect, boring ass dialogue scripted and approved for by sponsors to sell the next 15 minute commercial block.

Asking a small person "how the hell he gets laid" is not authentic its just bullshit shock radio crap for ratings. Dont kid yourself every single thing Stern does is for the ratings and the money. Nothing authentic about it, he started the shock jock shit now he has to ride it out or fade into obscurity.

I dont have Spotift since 10 bucks is more then I like to spend on something that I don't use that often. But if Beats can even come close to the music selection Spotify has, has decent apps for mobile and desktop, and offline playback, then hell yes I'd spend 5 bucks.

The free Spotify is still pretty good to use, ads aren't that bad with the spotify.

I still like Zune, if they give a better selection I'd probably pay for beats.

If its only newer music I doubt I'd pay for it.

But grooveshark has ads, and their shared cloud system to some weird naming scheme's that can make it annoying to find stuff. Plus they're constantly being targeted by RIAA which has led to service disruptions. With Google Play I dont get any of that. I dont get 15 hits for the same slong/album I am looking for without knowing which quality is the best. There are no ads, and the service is consistent. Maybe you dont care about these things, but thats why some of us are willing to pay for a cleaner service.

To be fair I made my playlists on GS not long after it started. As such I honestly don't see any of that. Not saying it doesn't exist now, just saying why I named it. But as mentioned I haven't used it in quite a while as I find straight streaming on iheart suits my needs. Obviously we all listen to music differently, just saying at least from my perspective I can't fathom paying for music I can get free. I would wager a little research would net something that fit most anyone's needs free if they looked hard enough. I could be wrong though.

Personally I am still looking for that perfect device that will let me balance my turntable in the back seat and isolate it from road vibrations and let me hook it up to my car stereo. Until then I will stick with podcasts.

Asking a small person "how the hell he gets laid" is not authentic its just bullshit shock radio crap for ratings. Dont kid yourself every single thing Stern does is for the ratings and the money. Nothing authentic about it, he started the shock jock shit now he has to ride it out or fade into obscurity.

Asking a little person about their sex life is not shocking, it's fascinating, because we recognize it as an obstacle that we cannot fathom, and the only way we will ever know is to have the balls to ask someone. Most people are too inhibited and respectful to ask someone questions like these, Stern is not, because he knows his guests are aware of the kinds of questions they might be asked, so if they choose to come on the show then they are basically volunteering to be open about these topics. This morning he and William Shatner discussed masturbation.

He asks the questions the other people are quite simply too scared to ask. If Jay Leno interviews Shia LeBouf they'll talk about Transformers. If Stern does it they'll talk about the handy that Megan Fox gave him.

Currently testing Beats out. I do like how they do the artist bubble to help you narrow your radio selections.

I've been a subscriber to Spotify for about a year now, but I just can't throw money at a company that is blatantly ignoring bugs that make the service beyond annoying. There's been a bug in their tracker for 3 YEARS that deals with the repeat issue for radio. They keep updating saying they're trying to fix it .. seriously, 3 years to squash it? I've had it where the radio will start repeating songs after it is 8 songs in.

It's the same bug that hurts playlist playback. Ever notice you get repeats when you have a playlist with random-on repeat-off? I do.

These bugs happen for me on every system (android, web, desktop) across about 10 devices. The only thing I haven't done is create a new account.

I decided to try spotify again, the spotify app paired with ford sync in my car blows google play all access out of the water.

Have a 30 day trial of spotify premium, and I'll probably keep it

I decided to try spotify again, the spotify app paired with ford sync in my car blows google play all access out of the water.

Have a 30 day trial of spotify premium, and I'll probably keep it

It's just so expensive. I pay $36 a year for Pandora $8 a month for Netflix $10 a month for spotify sucks.

Pay for music that isn't live? Why would you do that?

To hear music you like without suffering the hearing damage from johnny the sound man setting up the sound to be perfect for a guy with hearing loss and severe frequency deafness in certain frequencies?

To hear music you like without suffering the hearing damage from johnny the sound man setting up the sound to be perfect for a guy with hearing loss and severe frequency deafness in certain frequencies?

As a sound technician I resent that! :p

Back