5 dollar computer* at Steve's alter. site

ezkill

Weaksauce
I know this might get banned, or moved to a different location. But, please let me know about it nicely. Enough with that.

Steve's alter. site Hypothermia is have a donation drive for Child's Play. There are two pretty kick-ass systems on the line. Please donate.

http://hypothermia.gamershardware.com/auction/pa2005.html

We put in 100 dollars (a collection of all us kids wanting a new computer).

*disclaimer - you might get a 5 dollar computer, only if you pay for a spot.

Nah, this is usually where people post announcements for Steve's donation drives. No clue why there's not a sticky for it or something yet.

I've seen those cases in person, they are ginormous! Sounds like a hot deal to me ;) . Looks like a great charity, and a 2:500 chance of winning,.. not that bad.

Update only 50 spots left. Come on, if you only enter once that is still a 1:500 chance...which is better than any lottery ticket or winning a race at the track.

b1m2x3 said:
THOSE CASES LOOK LIKE GIANT COCK N'BALLS STANDING UPRIGHT.....
Yeah because the donation is for the computer... dick.

Any way, 10 bucks in from me.

5 in, because I waste more money on more retarded shit, so even if I don't get a computer I still feel good

Tanaban said:
Yeah because the donation is for the computer... dick.

Any way, 10 bucks in from me.

so the computer had absolutly NOTHING to do with your donation? you didnt even look at the specs or the pics? you didnt even think that you might win a computer?!?!?!!??!

wow... you are an amazing person. a model citizen! i wish we could all be just like you! :rolleyes:

what do i have to do to enter? work has steve's site blocked, since it has the word game in the url.

Text copied from the site, send donation to [email protected]

There will be two high-end "Penny Arcade themed" systems up for grabs this time in a charity benefit designed to give people more of a chance to walk away with something for their donation. There will only be 500 spots open to make your odds good for snagging this systems. For each donation of $5, payable through PayPal (so that everyone can participate) you make, you will have one of the 500 spots in the donation drive to win the computer. What this means is this, people wanting to help out can make a $5 donation and maybe walk away a with a new computer. NO MORE THAN 500 openings for these systems will be available to keep your odds good. The specs of the PCs are identical except for the case:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
ASUS A8N-SlI Deluxe
ASUS Vento Custom Penny Arcade Design
1GB Corsair PC4000
ATi Radeon X800XT 256MB
120GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
LiteOn 16x DVD ( black )
Vantec Nexus Multifunction Panel
Vantec Fanbus
19" Viewsonic VG900B LCD Monitor

Remember, the money raised by these 500 spots go directly to help Penny Arcade's Child's Play, this is an amazing charity that does fantastic things for sick children, some with life-threatening medical conditions. If you don't know who Penny Arcade and their Child's Play charity are or what they do, please take the time click the link and see what these guys have done.

This systems will be sent directly to you, we cover all costs of shipping. Shipping is via FedEx to ANYWHERE FedEx delivers.

I usually throw in on these, 2 slots this time. I think it is pretty damn cool that Steve takes the time to do the give aways and charity raffles.

I'm in $5.00, because I'm a cheap, lazy ******* who wouldn't organize this great cause myself. :(

$50 for me cause I think I have put in $50 for each of these he has had in the last year. The odds have to be good that I am at least helping someone :)

$10 for me, wouldn't mind winning, but heck, my chances are about as good as winning the lottery, which I don't play.

I just put in for 10 slots.. 2 computers, 10 slots out of 500 = 1 in 25 chance... Damn that's not bad at all.. Hella better than playing Mega-Millions (though the payoff isn't quite as great either.)

b1m2x3 said:
THOSE CASES LOOK LIKE GIANT COCK N'BALLS STANDING UPRIGHT.....
If you would have read closer, you would have noticed this:
http://hypothermia.gamershardware.com/auction/pa2005.html said:
The specs of the PCs are identical except for the case
Regardless, this computer is amazing and the money goes to a good cause. Keep to yourself or shoo~.

Great cause. I'm in for $20 cuz I'm a poor as bitch. I didn't realize they even help fund raisers like this...guess I'll need to check out that site more often. :)

theHeat said:
If you would have read closer, you would have noticed this:

Regardless, this computer is amazing and the money goes to a good cause. Keep to yourself or shoo~.

whats your point?
one is red and one is blue...

and why should i keep to myself? this is a forum... a place for people to talk...

i donated anyway... so it doesnt matter to me.

b1m2x3 said:
whats your point?
one is red and one is blue...

and why should i keep to myself? this is a forum... a place for people to talk...

i donated anyway... so it doesnt matter to me.
Looks like read comprehension owned me. I thought he was trying to say the builds would be as mentioned, but a completely different case. Instead, he meant different color cases. DOH! And hey, I'm not hating, I was just joking around. You could sell me that hardware for $500 built into a cardboard box painted pink, I don't care. :D

Back