5.1 Surround Sound not working

Mudd

Limp Gawd
I bought the Logitec X-530 surround sound speakers today, and hooked them up.

I play cs1.6 and source and they work perfectly on my Sound Blaster live 24-bit card.

I listen to WinAmp or a DvD and sound only comes out of my front left and my front right speakers.

I messed with settings, made sure digital was off, 5.1 was selected etc.

Anyone know any fix for this?? I cant stand having 5 speakers and only being able to listen to two while winamp is playing...GAH!!

bump

someone has to know how to resolve this...i can pay you in backrubs!!!

if you dont listen dvd-a or sacd you will never have 5.1 sound from mp3 unless your computer does some shizzle and throws what it thinks should go to the speakers along the lines.

dvd's however should be 5.1, so as a guess its an option somwhere which hasnt been set to 5 speakers....

stu-

There's an option in the bloatware to enable an option called CSMM or CMMS something.

kent said:
There's an option in the bloatware to enable an option called CSMM or CMMS something.

CMSS. Or you can go into the mixer settings and make sure the rear-out is enabled as well.

Well my friend has the new logitechs and his 5.1 plays from all speakers including the sub except for the center speaker. And thats normal i guess....

All my settings are fine like I said, I set it to digital out off, 5.1 surround sound, and all my speakers are up including rear...bleh D:

Did you enable cmss?
Cause I am sure once you do the problem is done... stick a fork in it. ;)

You can also try enabling hardware acceleration in the Winamp output options. ;)
What output plugin are you using?

well i was thinking of getting those speakers pre-christmas time. but then the stores didn't have them in stock so i bought the z5300es instead. =). they are awesome, not sure if x530s have matrix mode... but if you do, turn on that and bam, 5.1 on mp3s and movies.

although i recommand not using it on movies, just get a software dvd player to do decoding. on mp3s maybe. i think it actually SURROUNDS on mp3s, but you don't hear it that much.

oh nvm, i just tested matrix on mp3, and yes it does have 5 discrete channels. not that obvious tho

Damn Mudd, I also bought these around the same time. Had just enough left on my gift card to get em and they are pretty cool. While tweaking them I found the expanded 4 channel stereo to be a lot more pleasant to listen to than regular 2 channel stereo. To achieve this in foobar I basically just went into the DSP manager and enabled the "Convert stereo to 4 channels" DSP. Dunno about winamp though ;/.

edit: Actually it (the stereo expander dsp for foobar) seems to just expand the stereo to include the center channel as I just listened and the rear two are silent. Oh well, still much better than with just the two front stereo speakers ;o.

Back