5.1 Surround sound chair?

DarkshadE

n00b
hey i was wondering if someone here had already done this, or had the idea of modding the back 2 speakers of a 5.1 surround sound set into an office type leather chair? You could set it up so that you could just plug 2 cables into areas of the chair that hooked up to the sub, im wondering if its a good idea, because that would be insanely awesome....

It would be cool, but I would end up hating those wires. Trying to roll around in your chair, those wires would probably get in your way pretty easily. I would only conisder doing it if you could find some wireless satellites or had a chair that did not move.

yeah it has been done before on this forum....

one that i remember is the guy just ghetto rigged the speakers to the chair and another guy actually took apart the speaker housings and mounted the speaker in the padding of the chair so you could just see the grill of the speaker.

Drunkinsquirl said:
i think it has been done on 3 or 4 seperate ocasions on this forum if im not mistakin

I've seen someone mod their chair to do it, but a 5.1 surround I don't know if it is.

I have my two rear speaker currently attached to the back of my chair with velcro, but I'm probably going to change it soon.

Back