5.1 Speaker Placement Guidelines?

frankjp302

n00b
Hello,

I have spent hours searching and reading threads on speaker placement. For the most part, people seem to make drawings or take pictures and get some ideas.

What I am wondering is if someone can give me some good guidelines to follow? Should the speakers be at ear level or higher? How far away is considered ideal for the left and right, and the back?

I have the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 set.

I understand that sound quality is subjective and that I will have to experiment some to get what I consider is the best. However, any tips and suggestions to help me get started would be a huge help.

If I get time, I may take some pics or model up my office area....

Thanks again

Actually I have looked at the Dolby stuff and have looked through the manual. I understand the general positioning...but I am looking for more guidelines for gaming, what people have found works best, etc. My office area is laid out pretty well where I think I can get good placement, but again looking for more tips or ideas than what is in the manual.

Is ear-level, or slightly above considered ideal? Is 3 feet away for the rears considered too close, or OK?

Thanks for the tips and links...

i always adjust my speakers so it sounds like i am wearing headphones.... and ear level works for me at least.... with audio its all about what sounds best to you

Back