5.1 sound from z-680 - center channel not working - help!!

I have logitech z-680
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/pr...084948-6889651?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics

my center channel stopped working
i know the satellite center speaker itself is fine, i hooked it to other channels and hear sound
when i hook other satellite speakers to center, i don't hear sound either
speaker cables are working

i run the onboard soundtest and center produces no sound
i hook various sources (soundcard, PS3 w/ optical cable) playing 5.1 mixes and no sound from center, made sure settings were set to 6 channel/dolby digital

all sources outputting sound connect to the "control pod"
control pod connects to subwoofer, and all satellite speakers connect to the sub also

maybe something is fried? i had some power outages at home a few times.
how can i fix this? could i just replace the control pod where sources connect to?
do i have to get the subwoofer repaired? i think i heard that's where the amp is

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have logitech z-680
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/pr...084948-6889651?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics

my center channel stopped working
i know the satellite center speaker itself is fine, i hooked it to other channels and hear sound
when i hook other satellite speakers to center, i don't hear sound either
speaker cables are working

i run the onboard soundtest and center produces no sound
i hook various sources (soundcard, PS3 w/ optical cable) playing 5.1 mixes and no sound from center, made sure settings were set to 6 channel/dolby digital

all sources outputting sound connect to the "control pod"
control pod connects to subwoofer, and all satellite speakers connect to the sub also

maybe something is fried? i had some power outages at home a few times.
how can i fix this? could i just replace the control pod where sources connect to?
do i have to get the subwoofer repaired? i think i heard that's where the amp is

The sub has the amp, I'd suggest you check also to see if the speaker cable is hooked up right.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
most likely the amp for the centre speaker is spoilt.

u should bring it to a local amp repair store to get it repaired.

i've such experiences with my Megaworks 250D sub/amp before.

how would i find a local amp repair shop?
google maps doesn't give much results, and they are for guitar amp stores

Back