5 1/4 Bay Coolers

Tygerwoody

Gawd
My Lian Li Aquarium case only supports two from 80mm fans and one rear 80mm fan. I have found that even after swapping out for higher quality fans, the airflow is not sufficient. I cannot cut the side panel because of the aquarium case i have. I have been looking for solutions.

Lately i have noticed quite a few 5 1/4 bay coolers online. Does anyone know if any of these are any good? I have googled left and right with very little results of reviews and the such. Any input on these 5 1/4 bay coolers would be appreciated.

how many 5.25 drive bays do you have open?

The best thing I did in my pc was to use three 5.25 drive bays and put in a 120 mm fan in a custom bracket.

Should fit almost perfectly.

How is your cable management? and do you have a blowhole in the top? Those are probably the best things you can do to improve airflow. Also you can cut up the stock lian-li grills and place some modders mesh there or something to reduce the restriction (and remove fan-filters if you have them too)

I am confused as to what you mean by the bay cooler, are you referring to a fan that goes in a drive bay or one of the watercoolers that goes in a drive bay? Either one will probably not perform very well.

Are you looking for a HDD cooler or something that can circulate air in your case?

Mr. Miyagi said:
Are you looking for a HDD cooler or something that can circulate air in your case?
yes, exactly. Only i dont need to cool my HDD

I have 3 open 5 1/4" bays open. Honestly if anyone knows where i can find an adapter of some type to slap a 120mm fan in that would work.

I just ordered one of these and will just hope it fits in a non-coolermaster case.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=1885&osCsid=75458e4bbac7329f2e82b1603b39d5dc
4in3_Module.jpg

Apallohadas said:
I just ordered one of these and will just hope it fits in a non-coolermaster case.

It can, if your case doesn't have those nasty tabs between each bay slot. If it has those you're going to have a nasty time with a pair of pliers first.

There are some black rail-like things on either side, you need to take those off for non-Stacker use.

Excellent! I'd buy you a beer, but the last time I poured it over a comp things got really messy.

I thought you were screwed, but I was looking through the manual trying to figure out what these funny black tabs do in my new Stacker and it said "The right and left side panels are for the CM Stacker use only. For other cases, please remove prior to installation." so I figure you're good. Mod job if you have the tabs of suck though. Had to do that to my old case to get my 5x3 drive cage in.

Watch your knuckles, the edges in there will do ya up like unjacking a rusty AT power switch.

Apallohadas said:
Tabs do not scare me! I have +5 Pliers of Tab Bending...

OMG... I am seriously LMAO right now... too funny.

Not everyday you see a DnD reference in PC OC'ing thread...

Thanks for my laugh of the day

anyone got any other links to 120mm fan adaptors for 3 bays besides that clear one that was posted?

OK, got the coolermaster 4 in 3 cage, and it's pretty sweet. However, did have to bend annoying tabs back.

They managed to get in a good cut before I could bring my +5 Pliers into the round. Initiative bonus on Cursed Cases is vicious.

The fan is fairly quiet and the cage, without the black tabs, fits my case snugly.

by any chance do u know the cfm/db of the fan?.... i kinda wanted to buy my own fan is why i was looking for something else... unless that one is good

Back