4x8GB Memory recommendations for Asus RIVBE + i7 3960X + Adobe Premiere? Thanks!

Mr.Diggler

Weaksauce
Board = Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU = Intel Core i7-3960X (overclocked to at least 4.3)
OS = Win7 64bit Pro

Games are fast enough, don't care.

I want to get 32GB, possibly 64, to help with working in Adobe Premiere. I have 8 slots, so would prefer 4x8GB to leave 64 option available.

What should I be looking for to make video editing easier? I usually work on files in the 20-60GB range, but may be getting some huge files.

I don't care about winning benchmarks. If I'm not going to notice the difference, I don't want to pay for it.

Board handles "DDR3 2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory". What should I shoot for?

Any brands to avoid for this setup?

Thanks!

With memory the popular brands with at least 1600 speed will get you by just fine... I have 16g of kingston fury 1866 and it handles premiere pro 2014 well... I do see where it caps off at times when I have a multilayer timeline during rendering but I still have fast export times. The major concern I have noticed is the disk setup. Fast disk is a major contribution to a successful editing session. This is a great reference to help sort out your concerns http://ppbm7.com/index.php/news/cpu-mobo

With memory the popular brands with at least 1600 speed will get you by just fine... I have 16g of kingston fury 1866 and it handles premiere pro 2014 well... I do see where it caps off at times when I have a multilayer timeline during rendering but I still have fast export times. The major concern I have noticed is the disk setup. Fast disk is a major contribution to a successful editing session. This is a great reference to help sort out your concerns http://ppbm7.com/index.php/news/cpu-mobo

Cool, that'll save some money going with 1600 instead of 2400.

I have a 250GB SSD just for current project now. I ordered a WD 4TB Black for more storage and in case I get to work with the larger files.

Thanks for the link, will read at lunch.

Back