4TB external 3.0 USB Seagate drive $70 Today Only

Would this be a good drive to hook up to a router? I was thinking of getting one to put movies and family videos on but wasnt sure on how to go about it quite yet.

any idea what drive is inside? Most likely 5900 RPM, but sometimes you get lucky.

Edit: According to this, it is a ST4000DM004 (256mb cache, 160mbs, 5900 rpm):

Last edited:
Not bad, but it doesn't seem to be available in any nearby stores for me. Any places that could pricematch?

Not bad, but it doesn't seem to be available in any nearby stores for me. Any places that could pricematch?

They don't carry Seagate in store. They can order it in store, but it will be delivered. I just bought the 6TB version couple days ago with the USB ports on the front (also on sale, though not at this $/GB). They only have the Western Digital stuff in store.

I actually used the sale price to offset the 2 year in store warranty.....these Seagates man......

Would this be a good drive to hook up to a router? I was thinking of getting one to put movies and family videos on but wasnt sure on how to go about it quite yet.

Typically, manufacturers have compatibility lists on their websites, so in all likelihood your router has one, may want to take a look at that. Sometimes ones not specifically mentioned on compatibility lists will work more or less, but, depending on the company, sometimes using stuff not on their compatibility list will be considered a cause to void warranty.

Back