4P Combo: H8QGi+-F / 4x 6128's / 32GB ~330k PPD on F@H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posidon42

Limp Gawd
5/6/12 Sale is now on hold for the near future. After evaluating the time I have remaining in this house, I just don't have time to effectively deal with shipping this. And if something were to happen during shipping, I wouldn't be at this address anymore. So I guess I will just keep it until we get settled in the new house.

The transmission died in my car a couple of weeks ago and the parts are a lot more than I was planning on. So my beloved system has to go. It was a lot of fun to play with and I learned a lot along the way. But having a mobile device sit immobile in the driveway is unsatisfactory.

This comes with:
  • Motherboard: Supermicro H8QGi+-F
  • Processors: 4x Opteron 6128s
  • Memory: G.Skill ripjaws 8gb, 4x2gb, DDR3 1333, CAS7
  • Heatsinks: 4x CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ installed

System has the overclocked bios already installed and my 2.0ghz processors can run at 2.45ghz with good ambient air conditions. Runs at 2.4ghz 24/7 with zero ht-retries. One core gets 2-3 retries an hour at 2.45ghz. This is on stock voltage as I was satisfied with a 22.5% overclock on a server board :D The BIOS will be set to run at 240 (2.4ghz) just so the new owner will have a completely stable system and can play with pushing the boundaries depending on their ambient air temperature.

Pics from when I put it together are below:

78752393.jpg

67549918.jpg

Asking $1600, you pay shipping.

USPS money orders, certified checks, or paypal if I am not eating any fees. I can ship it assembled in a new box or take everything back apart. Your choice. 80GB SATA drive and Corsair TX750 power supply and EPS adapter available for another $75. If you want the drive, let me know if you want me to format the drive or leave my current setup installed.

This setup is currently producing about 310-340k ppd on 6904's. I am pretty firm on the price as selling this still get me less than 1/2 way to the money I have to come up with to repair my car. I can answer any questions you have and hope it goes to someone here on the o/c forums team to put it to good use.

Last edited:
Bump for the little PSU that could lol, running 2 of those still

bump for a system that wants a new owner. I can ship this weekend if someone wants it.

Should I empty my savings or not. That is the question.

Bad timing :(

I recently had to spend 5K$ on car and 1K$ on home improvements.

That's about what I am looking at. We are closing on a home next week, have $4k in car repairs, just spent $2k on a new fridge, and still have landscaping that has to be installed in the new house within 90 days of closing :( It's turning out to be a spendy summer!!

Skillz, make me an offer if you are really interested. I said I was 'pretty' firm on the price, but I need this to go somewhere else.

Would you consider Amazon Payments to avoid the fees? Just wondering outloud...

it works perfectly .. just like paypal but no fee.... however, I think they limit $1k / month ... not really sure
Code:
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/index.htm

Ahhh I didn't even think of that... I'm not sure about that, they don't document worth a damn. All I know (from personal experience) is DON'T use a bank transfer, use a CC payment and its done instantly, bank takes literally a week and change.

That's about what I am looking at. We are closing on a home next week, have $4k in car repairs, just spent $2k on a new fridge, and still have landscaping that has to be installed in the new house within 90 days of closing :( It's turning out to be a spendy summer!!

I know exactly how you feel, have been looking at 4p for a couple of months now but the bills just keep getting in the way, just had to drop £1,600 on my car so the wallet is very empty other wise I would have been very interested

Good luck with the sale

P.S who the hell spends $2k on a fridge??? I hope its 10 ft wide, makes ice and has a seperate wine cooler section

Lol, that's exactly what I thought when my wife pointed it out to me. But it is a French door fridge and is 31 cubic feet. :D We have our 5th child in July, so we need lots of fridge space for milk and stuff.

Anyway, I am setting up this Amazon payment thing and should be able to accept that very soon.

Last edited:
Don't forget to apply for the energy star rebates (as I hijack your thread to save money). Pretty much everything nowdays has them and fridges are some of the biggest spenders... Still 2k... jesus...

Did you get the Samsung or the LG fridge? I have been looking at similar 31cf fridges.

The LG. Got it from Home Depot. They actually had the best price I could find and adding another 4 years of FULL coverage was only $100.

If nobody pipes up by this weekend, I am probably going to take the sale down. My household goods are being packed up on Monday and I won't be able to ship anything for another couple of weeks.

Edit: Good luck with your sale!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back