4k60 Streaming Stuttering

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
I'm at a loss, I'm wondering if it's my old wifi adapter in the HTPC killing me, but my connection speed seems like it should be rosey for 4k60 streaming.

Took this snip from YT just now. old i7 860, 8GB RAM (I've got some more I can stuff in it), RX 570 4GB, Dell 1505 wireless card.

Seriously at a loss.

1581047285918.png

can you move the htpc to a hardwired location and retest? That way you can check if it's the wireless connection that's causing the problem.

can you move the htpc to a hardwired location and retest? That way you can check if it's the wireless connection that's causing the problem.

Only have the 1 4k display, but I think I have a long ass cat5 cable I can run temporary this weekend, good thinking there. Dunno why I didn't try that haha

Willing ot bet you're hitting your limit on that wireless card. That's an 802.11n card. 4k60fps requires pretty high throughput out of a wireless card.

1582204994594.png

How I resolved this problem with Geforce Gamestrraming in setting up two routers in wireless bridge mode. Just make sure you hardwire your PC to one router.

How I resolved this problem with Geforce Gamestrraming in setting up two routers in wireless bridge mode. Just make sure you hardwire your PC to one router.

Don't you take a 50% hit doing that? I think its why the mesh systems often have a dedicated wireless backbone (or wired).

Don't you take a 50% hit doing that? I think its why the mesh systems often have a dedicated wireless backbone (or wired).
50% hit doing what? I live alone so other people using the network isn’t an issue.

Also, you can set up bridge mode on some tri-band routers (like Asus) to exclusively use the third band (I find it to work fine on a dual band router).

Back