4k VA Panel tv advice

stefan83

n00b
Hi guys, i'm thinking of buying a new tv and i would like it to be a Va panel for better contrast. Since i am watching a lot of tv content i want DTS witch Samsung currently does not provide so i stoped at this tv:

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-50uk6750pld.html

I found out that Lg also does VA but my question is : does this tv really have an LG VA panel? Or is it outsourced and if so from witch company/companies? Does aanybody else have experiences with these VA tv's?

Thanks.

Yes DTS you know that sound codec that allows you to see movies on your tv from usb drives, this is a feature that Samsung killed from their tv's.

Stefan83,
DTS has nothing whatsoever to do with playing movies from USB drives.
You can simply buy any android media box and play any movies from USB
connected to the android box, then to TV via HDMI. The more you know.

Silver

Stefan83,
DTS has nothing whatsoever to do with playing movies from USB drives.
You can simply buy any android media box and play any movies from USB
connected to the android box, then to TV via HDMI. The more you know.

Silver
He's not wrong when playing direct from the TV via USB.
From USB I can play Atmos and other Dolby Digital codecs pass through from the TV to my AV amp using ARC (Audio Return Channel over HDMI).
It will not pass DTS but it does pass PCM.

You are using another device to decode the audio to PCM.
From that point the TVs abilities are not in question.

No need to get upset. I've never seen "DTS" mentioned in regards to a TV purchase.

I personally don't use my TV for DTS (or DTS-HD) support, that is all handled by my Receiver. I also don't plug USB into my TV.

In any case, there are other options (as noted above) if the Samsung in your price range is actually a better quality TV.

What are you watching that has DTS audio anyway? Most "TV" content is broadcast in DD5.1.

He's not wrong when playing direct from the TV via USB.
From USB I can play Atmos and other Dolby Digital codecs pass through from the TV to my AV amp using ARC (Audio Return Channel over HDMI).
It will not pass DTS but it does pass PCM.

You are using another device to decode the audio to PCM.
From that point the TVs abilities are not in question.
Thanks for explaining Nenu. I was confused by the way he said it.

Silver

Back