4K Surround + Quad GTX-Titan Black SC *BENCHMARKS*

Great system!! Only problem is the friggen bezels. I don't know how you multi-monitor guys put up with that.

I'm actually surprised to find out that no one has released a solid 2kw PSU at this point. I bet the market for those will pick up once 4k monitors become more affordable and you'll see enthusiasts going with 3-4 GPU's.

You are better off with 2 PSU's and splitting the load into 2 separate circuits. You would need a dedicated 20a circuit just for your psu, and even then you will probably throw the breaker under heavy load.

You are better off with 2 PSU's and splitting the load into 2 separate circuits. You would need a dedicated 20a circuit just for your psu, and even then you will probably throw the breaker under heavy load.

Huh? Max current on a normal circuit is 13 Amps at 240V for ~3KW, so 2KW is no problem.

Oh wait, you run 110V, don't you?

Don't think it's standard 20a all over. 15a was the norm, 20a was an upgrade + required heavier gauge wire during our construction.

Great system!! Only problem is the friggen bezels. I don't know how you multi-monitor guys put up with that.

I've always wondered how a 3 projector setup would work, if you could align them enough to get a seamless picture.

Lets see more photos of the rig itself. Where and the hell do you cram 2 PSU's? Plan on water-cooling those Titans?

I've always wondered how a 3 projector setup would work, if you could align them enough to get a seamless picture.

someone has done that on here, don't remember who or what it was called

Forgot to mention in the OP that I am running the rig on a brand new 20A breaker specially installed for it. :)

Wouldn't want to risk that much power from a regular 15A breaker - given my sound system etc. In fact, the sound system (speakers/sub as well as the monitors are plugged into a different circuit altogether - a 15A breaker). So, if I included the power draw of those on top of the Uber Rig, it will be well over 2K watts! ;)

Oh, and here's a Crysis 3 4K Surround wallpaper for you guys:

Crysis3_2_Thumb.jpg

Download it here: Crysis 3 4K Surround Wallpaper

There are software that can help you with this, like Nthusim. With AMD cards (Nvidia doesn't support dual screen SLS anymore), you can also use two projectors and make a seamless picture. Examples here:
http://www.forums.nthusim.com/page.php?p=news

Video of it in action @ AMD [H]hardOCP GamExperience in 2011:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaRkp-WeDpo

Last edited:

I knew a guy years ago that tried this, but back then the response times on the Projectors were a bit slow for games and the projectors he was using were low res. It was a pretty neat setup though. alignment is always a pain in the arse to begin with, but it wasn't overly difficult. The only real issue is space and curvature.

How is there enough video bandwidth to run three 4K monitors at 60 mhz?
He's using a light-based, copperless display connector with unlimited bandwidth that won't be developed for another 100 years that was made out of necessity when display manufacturers started pushing out 60 MHz displays 5 years before the market was ready, obviously.

Seriously, though. One display is connected to one card, and each card has a DisplayPort 1.2a video output that can support 4k resolutions at 60 Hz.

^Not sure what you mean? If you're using just one GPU, you cannot run more than 1 4K monitor @ 60Hz since it requires DisplayPort 1.2a and there's only ONE of those connectors per GPU.

To run 4K Surround, you HAVE to have at least 3 GPUs. I prefer 4! :D

Btw, I'm trying to run some Metro LL benches and whenever I try to take a screenshot (MSI Afterburner) or even FRAPS, nothing happens - no screenshots are captured! Anyone else have this issue? It has to be something to do with the overlay but I can't figure it out(?).

It used to work fine. These new drivers are aggravating. ugh...

Btw, I'm trying to run some Metro LL benches and whenever I try to take a screenshot (MSI Afterburner) or even FRAPS, nothing happens - no screenshots are captured! Anyone else have this issue? It has to be something to do with the overlay but I can't figure it out(?).

It used to work fine. These new drivers are aggravating. ugh...
Have you tried using Steam's screenshot feature?

Baasha

How are you doing with Titanfall? With 3 titans at 4800x2560 I am having serious frame rate issues, did you get it to work with SLI? I struggle to stay at 60fps in that game with insane textures.

Also how much of an increase did you get from vanilla titans to titan blacks?

A closer look on the pic indicates 25 fps per second while he is staring at the sky. All the ram is taxed too at 6126MB

Info is at the top right hand corner of the pic.

cpu running dead cold at 40c is Impressive as well, I hit mid 50's with the same CPU.

^Not sure what you mean? If you're using just one GPU, you cannot run more than 1 4K monitor @ 60Hz since it requires DisplayPort 1.2a and there's only ONE of those connectors per GPU.

To run 4K Surround, you HAVE to have at least 3 GPUs. I prefer 4! :D

Right, so what is the fourth card doing, physx?

hey baasha im building a new rig with the same mobo and on the asrock product page it doesnt list the 4x8gb corsair dominator platinum as compatibleare you using 8x4gb or is the some way to get the4x8gb working

Put the pictures on Photobucket and it will make thumbnail & big links for you.

Nice rig, btw!

my 2 more asus 4k arrived yesterday .
the res is not something I can explain , it should be seen and lived .

will do more gaming and benchs when I have time

Right, so what is the fourth card doing, physx?

lol wut? The 4th card acts in conjunction with the other 3 - that's what SLI is for.

That's like asking someone who is running two cards in SLI whether the 2nd card is for Physx.

I could run the setup w/ 3 GPUs but framerates are already barely 60 in most games and in some not even that high. With 3 GPUs, framerates would be even lower.

Sambatico, awesome setup man!

Glad I motivated someone else to go 4K Surround! :D

I think we are the only two people out there w/ 4K Surround (at least on the forums)! :p

Let's see some numbers! Since you're water-cooling your Titans (vanilla Titans right?), are you using the volt-hack to get really high clocks/OC? It would be interesting to see how they stack up against the Titan Black SCs with a factory BIOS/OC.

Dude.. and what case is that? It's gigantic! o_0

Post the rest of the specs of your rig!

hey baasha im building a new rig with the same mobo and on the asrock product page it doesnt list the 4x8gb corsair dominator platinum as compatibleare you using 8x4gb or is the some way to get the4x8gb working

Don't worry about the ASRock website regarding compatibility of RAM. Most of the kits out there should work. Just do some research on the forums and ask around (like you did here lol).

I've had the Corsair Platinums from day 1 when I got the AE11. I actually had the 2400Mhz kit first but had some stability issues with it - returned it and got the 2133Mhz kit instead. Been rock solid @ CAS 9 which is quite good.

If you have the 4960X, you could get much faster RAM, like 2666Mhz or even 2800Mhz - not sure if anyone w/ the AE11 has such fast RAM but it's worth trying.

Good luck! :)

That is one hell of a sick setup, although the insanely large screenshots are wasted since most of us can't really see but a tiny bit at a time.

OP, Why haven't you pushed that wonderful cpu higher? You should be able to get an easy 5~5.2Ghz (1.5V Vcore is fine for the SB Hexcores)...Normally that would be a bit of overkill, but in your case you need every possible Mhz of CPU Powa!! I know Vega runs his @ 5.2Ghz for this very reason (aside from the fact he is Vega).:cool:

Also, is it just me or does that F1 screenshot look like total ass? The jagged lines are sooo 2002:(:(:(....

Back