4K Surround @ 60Hz = WIN!

Baasha

Limp Gawd
Finally got my system set up last night.

I believe this is one of the first (consumer) 4K Surround setups in the world(?)! :D

Without further ado, I present "The Uber Rig":

iJGg3b1K8hjaL.jpg

ibuYRAEzn6a2TR.jpg

iGIixn5ssFMZM.jpg

And, for proof:

ibvVtPuGVsLa1p.JPG

With 3-Way SLI and all settings maxed out (No AA) @ 6480x3840, F1 2013 gives ~ 100FPS which is simply superb!

i95vilLFnVWD0.jpg

Damn,that must be something to behold in person! Do suitable background pics exist in your native res?

This is impressive, but I feel the 24"rs are too small. :p I'm thinking about picking up the 32", but I want 3 lol.

not impressed as it is just 60Hz ips with tons of lag and blur which make this 4K thing pretty much pointless

three Eizo FG2421 will be so much better for gaming and will have better resolution in games imho ...

not impressed as it is just 60Hz ips with tons of lag and blur which make this 4K thing pretty much pointless

three Eizo FG2421 will be so much better for gaming and will have better resolution in games imho ...

Better resolution? What? :confused: They are both 16:9...

sick set up!

BUT how in hell are you managing any quality gaming at 6k res, even 3xTitan blacks wouldn't manage decent fps unless its older games?:confused:

unfortunately 60hz panels do not exist pannels currently are 30hz the neweer ones should be 60 - 240

Way, way, way tooooo much bezel. Debezzelll those suckers and get back to us!

Better resolution? What? :confused: They are both 16:9...
60Hz IPS without flickering will have terrible perceived resolution in anything that is moving on screen which in case of games is most of the things most of the time, especially racing games...

120Hz on the other hand have the same perceived resolution and sharpness all the time. So 4K adds noting to gaming except ridiculous GPU requirements which itself will add input lag (multi GPU especially with more than 2 GPU is kinda crappy in this regard). On the other hand 120Hz+strobing like in Eizo FG2421 is literally game changer that make games playable again

as for 16:9 remember this: aspect ratio != resolution

Of course the first guy to do something new gets a lot of hate. Grats on the hi-res setup!

Of course the first guy to do something new gets a lot of hate. Grats on the hi-res setup!

Hell no. Not from me. :D I'm cheering back here. Shit looks awesome and I bet if you guys saw them in person you'd be impressed by the panels because they look fantastic. Not everyone places all their eggs in the pixel speed and input delay baskets and it's nice to see screenshots of things that no one's ever done before.

60Hz IPS without flickering will have terrible perceived resolution in anything that is moving on screen which in case of games is most of the things most of the time, especially racing games...

120Hz on the other hand have the same perceived resolution and sharpness all the time. So 4K adds noting to gaming except ridiculous GPU requirements which itself will add input lag (multi GPU especially with more than 2 GPU is kinda crappy in this regard). On the other hand 120Hz+strobing like in Eizo FG2421 is literally game changer that make games playable again

as for 16:9 remember this: aspect ratio != resolution

Resolution != Resolution? :confused: This makes no sense.

this forum has become full of assholes in the last 5 years or so. Congrats on the setup. I'm sorry that half of this thread is people going "MEH. MEH. get more GPUs, I wouldn't buy that, you can't see it anyway because panel tech. I tried to impregnate myself with a frog. MEH"

I'm definitely one of the guys saying cool and giving a thumbs up.

What are the specs on that rig?
Would you mind running something like Valley and giving us the score with min/avg/max fps? :p

this forum has become full of assholes in the last 5 years or so. Congrats on the setup. I'm sorry that half of this thread is people going "MEH. MEH. get more GPUs, I wouldn't buy that, you can't see it anyway because panel tech. I tried to impregnate myself with a frog. MEH"

if disagreeing with op's egregious and nonsensical spending habits makes me an asshole then an asshole i shall be

Very nice, sir. Please, post pictures of it in landscape. I find three monitors in portrait to be icky. I'd rather see more on the sides, than whats above/below. Also, less bezel. But, once again, very nice.

MEH you should put them on water. Hue hue, too tight, needs water bloks hue hue. my sisters brothers fiance has 5 titans and all on water with different loops. hue hue

if disagreeing with op's egregious and nonsensical spending habits makes me an asshole then an asshole i shall be

You rarely miss an opportunity it seems.
Yes, this guy is clearly some sort of Dictator living in opulence my God what a fortune he's spent.
You should go and protest the massive waste of resources for pure entertainment and spectacle by running across the grid during the start of the Bahrain GP this year.

I would LOVE his setup.
But, I hate the way he's using it.

#1, Turn them horizontally.
#2, Don't play games with fast motion on IPS. Instead, play games like Civ 5!

In any case, I'm jealous of what you have, my sir! :D

I am surprised this is possible as AFAIK fermi has a 4 head limit on its cards and since each 4k takes 2 heads (1920x2160x2) each display should take up two heads meaning a 2 display limit. I am guessing the SLI is what is allowing you to get around this?

Even more surprised the windows drivers even let you do this.

You rarely miss an opportunity it seems.
Yes, this guy is clearly some sort of Dictator living in opulence my God what a fortune he's spent.
You should go and protest the massive waste of resources for pure entertainment and spectacle by running across the grid during the start of the Bahrain GP this year.

eh? i hardly post on here. the only super negative post i've made was talking about a logitech headset (shudder).

eh? i hardly post on here. the only super negative post i've made was talking about a logitech headset (shudder).

Actually, you complained about corsair, steelseries and razer headsets as well. :p

I think he confused you with someone else.

Looks nice, I hope to go 4K as well later on this year, just waiting for an affordable 4K TV that will do 60Hz and I'm not a fan of running multi monitors, I just want a huge single screen to avoid issues and hassles.

Back