4k Samsung now or Wait for Ces for maybe 40inch OLED?

I have been looking at getting the samsung JU7500. But I really want a OLED 40inch. CES is only 2 months away. Think it's worth the wait? To see if they release a 40inch OLED 4k at ces or go ahead and pull the trigger and grab a 4k samsung now? Doen't mind spending the extra money if the OLED is more. Monitor is something I usally keep for a long while and OLED+4K seams to be the best of all worlds. Thoughts?

Wait. I wait too, but just for some better LCD than 2015 models.

Don't get your hopes up for a 40" OLED 4K TV. Not much of a market for that size. I've got the 40" JU7500 and love it, but it's the last 4K TV I've seen in that size. Everything else is 46" and bigger, at least so far. Maybe we'll see a 40" OLED 4K monitor, but I wouldn't count on it, either.

Of course, I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong. ;)

Guess you missed this http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1870793

It's now made me also reconsider buying a more expensive OLED screen in the 40" range, when they are launched with Dp and lower input lag.
You can have your IPS colour without the glow and the black levels superior to a good VA..

Do yourself a favor and read what the OP wants and then read that thread. OP wants a 40" 4K OLED. There's nothing in that thread to indicate such a TV or monitor is available or on the way.

Haha yea the 55 inch is sweet and I could get it. But my wife would shoot me in the face for one lol and it's to big. Think to put on my desk 4k 40 inch is the sweet spot. 55 is just pushing it. I really hope they drop a 40 inch oled at ces. Crosses fingers. Would sell like hot cakes for monitors.

What price do you hope to get 40'' OLED if its possible to buy in 2016?

Like many things are you satisfied enough now to wait a few more years? OLED is starting to make it's way to end users but monitors are likely to be the last in line due to the many challenges in lifespan and consistency that don't come up as much in a TV useage. It is coming. And it is a lot better when it's working, but don't expect it in 2015.

I paid $1200 for my 40" JU7500 and it's worth every penny. I won't believe there will be a 40" 4K OLED until we see it, but I'd go as high as $2000 for one.

Flatpanels will have in 2 days review of new 55" 4k Panasonic Oled which might be a new image quality king and they promise to fix almost everything that was wrong with LG units.

Flatpanels will have in 2 days review of new 55" 4k Panasonic Oled which might be a new image quality king and they promise to fix almost everything that was wrong with LG units.

Well they certainly didn't fix the input lag issue on the LG, instead they made it a lot worst.

At this point I would wait. You'll be kicking yourself if a 40 - 48" OLED comes out for not much more than what those Samsung are going for by CES.

Everyday price on the 55" just dropped to $3K and you can find it for $2750 at some smaller dealers, so price parity with high end LCD is very likely next year ...

Keep in mind if something is announced at CES it won't be out till March or later(most likely Mid 2016). So you will have a long wait.

Keep in mind if something is announced at CES it won't be out till March or later(most likely Mid 2016). So you will have a long wait.

Are you sure? Samsung 2015 4k TV thread people talk about them since late feb.

Are you sure? Samsung 2015 4k TV thread people talk about them since late feb.

That is only some of Samsung's TV's.

LG's CES announced flat OLED just came out, Asus ROG monitor hits in Nov, some of Sony's sets didn't come out till Summer, etc...

You generally don't see everything till Summer and sometimes even later

Yeah, but people here talk about Samsung and hope they make some good OLED screen. So its possible buy it in march if Samsung have something like this planned for 2016.

Yeah, but people here talk about Samsung and hope they make some good OLED screen. So its possible buy it in march if Samsung have something like this planned for 2016.

Highly doubt Samsung will have any OLEDs next year. There is still no confirmation they are even entering the market again, but rumors suggest 2017 at the earliest.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2015/09/133_186285.html

Edit: I would expect Samsung to counter next year by using FALD across their entire range of mid to high end displays, something only the JS9500 has right now.

So thats bad news for OLED fans. Because LG and Panasonic cant make decent low input lag TVs and only hope is Samsung and if they dont release something in 2016 then people must wait 2017.

Well, there is hope LG might put consideration into input lag for next year's sets...

Samsung wasn't much better than LG for input lag until this year. Panasonic used to be great but regressed big time with the AX900 and now their OLED. The only company that has been consistent is Sony, I believe they still offer the lowest for 4K if you want 4:4:4.

Well even Sony is starting to do kinda crappy with input lag. Didn't they use to be as low as 16ms at some point? Only Vizio has that kind of input lag figure but of course without 4:4:4 :rolleyes:

As far as I know LG Display is producing OLED panels on gen 8 fab. It’s most efficient to cut gen 8 glass substrate to either 6 55" panels or 8 46" panels but 40" is not really an economical option. So we are not going to see 40" OLED displays with current facilities but 46" models are possible.

Back