4k monitor and video card for office work and light gaming

hydrogen18

Limp Gawd
Right now I have 3x ASUS VE247s on my desk. It was a nice setup when I bought it but If I can get nearly the same resolution on a single screen that would be pretty awesome.

What monitor do I want to buy for office work and light gaming? I'd like to wind up with something at least 28 inch. I also watch YouTube and movies on this machine if that matters. I have a Nvidia GTX 460 video card at the moment, will that do 4k output? If not, what should I upgrade to?

I can afford to spend up to $1000 on this.

For $1,000 on a single monitor or for 3? If a single monitor you could look at the Benq BL3201PH, I believe that is launching "soon" and is a 32" 4K monitor with a IPS-style panel, DP 1.2 and is $999 retail.

Not sure if the GTX 460 supports 4K60 but if it doesn't I would say a good GPU to get for desktop productivity might be the GTX 750?

Yeah I'm looking for one monitor to replace my current triple setup. Obviously it'll be different but I feel it will be more usable overall.

If you want a 28" TN panel, you have a number options in the 500 - 650 range. Given that, you could also check out the 34" 3440x1440 panels. AOC should have one coming out soon that will be in the 700 - 800 range. The BenQ mentioned above will be another option too - should be out by the end of the month. Seiki is also coming out with a 4k 28", 32" and 40" early next year. If you can hold off until then you will have a number of options and probably better prices.

Back