4K Firestick $25 shipped from Amazon for Prime Members (half off)

For anybody who hasn't picked up one of these yet - do it. They're insanely powerful for the money and crazy-useful. Between the remote and the hardware within the device, I'd be surprised if Amazon is even breaking even at $50, let alone $25.

Thanks! I'm not a prime member and the code worked for me although I didn't really need this. :D

Worked for me. Not sure I need one but might as well for that price.

Considered buying one with the ethernet adapter, then I saw it was only 10/100. Why the fark will TV and smart device manufacturers not put gigabit Ethernet ports on their devices?

I get it's a small amount of people that would benefit, but would cost could it possibly add?

if If so I wonder what the criteria was as I already bought two 4K firesticks in the past year from amazon and I still qualified for the promotion so I bought third.

They really are a nice piece of kit for $25

Very fast, very responsive, easy voice interaction and searching. Good third party app options it’s really a nice Amazon device

if If so I wonder what the criteria was as I already bought two 4K firesticks in the past year from amazon and I still qualified for the promotion so I bought third.
I've heard that Amazon has a scoring system in place for customers (although not visible to its customer service agents). Its affected by purchase quantity, returns to purchase rate, prime or not, quantity of ratings and helpfulness/positivity of those ratings, length of time doing business w/ Amazon, being in a city w/ a Amazon warehouse hub, etc. This allows Amazon to have preferred customers and on the other extreme blacklisted customers (for abusing returns typically).

So when you see those "select customers" deals, its likely based on preferred customers.

Considered buying one with the ethernet adapter, then I saw it was only 10/100. Why the fark will TV and smart device manufacturers not put gigabit Ethernet ports on their devices?

I get it's a small amount of people that would benefit, but would cost could it possibly add?

Not even 4k video pushes that high. It's irrelevant if it's gigabit. Gigabit isics and phys cost more $. If the application doesn't require the performance, why bother with the cost?

I have nearly every single TV, stick, and console, hardwired. I have never seen a TV stick regardless of brand, or smart TV push even 50mbps.

For anybody who hasn't picked up one of these yet - do it. They're insanely powerful for the money and crazy-useful. Between the remote and the hardware within the device, I'd be surprised if Amazon is even breaking even at $50, let alone $25.
Yes these are powerful. I prefer using the firestick to my TV software. So much faster and doesn't error out

I assume this would be a smart item to have for us who spend most of our days in motels?

I grabbed one in January and the discount worked. As already mentioned they are quite powerful for a stick device. I still prefer Roku because the app store is less restricted. You will have to download a browser and sideload apps if you want Vudu or anyone else Amazon doesnt get along with. Having said that I did try to order another one and it did not give me the discount this time. It's a great value at $25.

Not even 4k video pushes that high. It's irrelevant if it's gigabit. Gigabit isics and phys cost more $. If the application doesn't require the performance, why bother with the cost?

I have nearly every single TV, stick, and console, hardwired. I have never seen a TV stick regardless of brand, or smart TV push even 50mbps.

I make uncompressed rips of all my 4K Blu's for Plex. Those frequently top 100mbps. Highest i've seen yet is ~190mbps. I realize there aren't many of us doing this, but to make it work, gigabit is absolutely essential.

Apple TV 4K and Nvidia Shield are both gigabit (as they damn well should be for the price). I also have a TCL TV with a gigabit port. But rather annoyingly the LG OLED that costs three times as much does not.

I make uncompressed rips of all my 4K Blu's for Plex. Those frequently top 100mbps. Highest i've seen yet is ~190mbps. I realize there aren't many of us doing this, but to make it work, gigabit is absolutely essential.

Apple TV 4K and Nvidia Shield are both gigabit (as they damn well should be for the price). I also have a TCL TV with a gigabit port. But rather annoyingly the LG OLED that costs three times as much does not.
TCL is trying to be the Kia of TVs. Trying to throw in all the bells and whistles it can. They are doing some very interesting things. MicroLED and so on. Makes sense they are trying to check another box.

I make uncompressed rips of all my 4K Blu's for Plex. Those frequently top 100mbps. Highest i've seen yet is ~190mbps.
Solution: Rip them in x265 and save yourself a ton of storage space and bandwidth so you can watch them on iPad and what not outside of the home as well. I doubt any of us could tell the difference in a blind "taste test" if you use quality settings.

The FireTV 4K stick can do >200Mb/s over WiFi if it's close to the access point. Otherwise you can use a USB -> gigabit ethernet adapter (not made by Amazon), which is good for 300Mb/s or something like that.

The FireTV 4K stick can do >200Mb/s over WiFi if it's close to the access point. Otherwise you can use a USB -> gigabit ethernet adapter (not made by Amazon), which is good for 300Mb/s or something like that.
Sorry but a pure BR rip is going to stutter over Wifi, even AC, simply due to how WiFi works. Sure you can do 1080 now, and highly compressed 4k (netflix/ apple TV) but pure rips will eat Wifi for breakfast....as least the rips I have in the 40-60G range do....

Sorry but a pure BR rip is going to stutter over Wifi, even AC, simply due to how WiFi works. Sure you can do 1080 now, and highly compressed 4k (netflix/ apple TV) but pure rips will eat Wifi for breakfast....as least the rips I have in the 40-60G range do....

Yep, same. My wifi is great, I can get exellent speeds in every corner of my home. It's not sufficient for 4k rips.

Not showing up for me, but for those that can access the deal: this newer-gen Fire TV Stick is worlds better than the first-gen, and would be a worthwhile upgrade. The difference in performance is like night and day.

Also, the Fire TV Cube 4K is on sale for $89.99 prime shipping. If you want a more stationary solution and even better hardware than the Fire Stick, don't even hesitate to grab one. Been using mine since last December and it's truly an amazing device: it will even control the power on/off and volume of most HDTVs with the included IR extender, and you can even simply tell it commands like: "Alexa, turn on the TV" and "Alexa, turn down the volume".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KGVB6D6/

Even if you already have a Smart TV, connecting one of these is unarguably a much better way of getting to all your streaming services.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Like I said, you need a pristine WiFi signal (close to the AP, and of course no interference). When I test the WiFi speed of my FireTV stick, I typically get 250mb/s, and never below 200mb/s. More than enough for 4K blu-rays.

Code doesn't work for me. Totally would like a second 4KFire Stick.

edit: FYI the 4K stick is a great front end to a local kodi server. It mostly shreds x265 video. Most of the limitations have been on my wireless network and not the firestick.

Last edited:
Not showing up for me, but for those that can access the deal: this newer-gen Fire TV Stick is worlds better than the first-gen, and would be a worthwhile upgrade. The difference in performance is like night and day.

Also, the Fire TV Cube 4K is on sale for $89.99 prime shipping. If you want a more stationary solution and even better hardware than the Fire Stick, don't even hesitate to grab one. Been using mine since last December and it's truly an amazing device: it will even control the power on/off and volume of most HDTVs with the included IR extender, and you can even simply tell it commands like: "Alexa, turn on the TV" and "Alexa, turn down the volume".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KGVB6D6/

Even if you already have a Smart TV, connecting one of these is unarguably a much better way of getting to all your streaming services.
Man you convinced me to try a cube.... but it looks like the cube sale is over. I'll keep an eye out for it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Man you convinced me to try a cube.... but it looks like the cube sale is over. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Still showing $90 for me.

Screenshot_20200323-220920.png

Here's a vid of it controlling the TV power on/off:

Last edited:
I'm still using the 2015 square box Fire TV myself, but am getting an Nvidia Shield Pro in the next week or so because I like it's features. May end up giving the FireTV box to a family member or friend most likely.

Weird, I tried the code and it doesn't work for me. I guess Amazon doesn't want to sell me one? They are probably losing money on this.

only reason im not getting one is im not likely to be in this same address long enough to receive the package (4 week delay)...if it was the normal next day air it be different :(

I have a shield and now a Firestick 4K for $25 and have been messing about with it today, and IMO for most people the 4K will do everything they need. Nice little remote, very easy setup. Save the money.

Solution: Rip them in x265 and save yourself a ton of storage space and bandwidth so you can watch them on iPad and what not outside of the home as well. I doubt any of us could tell the difference in a blind "taste test" if you use quality settings.

UHD BluRays are HEVC already.

Did plex finally add hevc support... nope, still won't work for UHD rips.. why use that crap software???

Got my 2019 Shield Pro in last night and I do like it better atm than my 2016 FireTV box so far. (The box is still nice but old) A lot snappier and fairly easy to use. Didn't really have any trouble putting all the stuff I had on my old box onto it. Only problem for some is the price I think.

Deal worked for me. Replacing a gen 2 regular stick. Can't stand how laggy it is in menus but the 4k is smooth as butter plus can handle x.265 rips where as the gen 1 hardware fails to play them.

Last edited:
Deal worked for me. Replacing a gen 2 regular stick. Can't stand how laggy it is menus bit the 4k is smooth as butter

This was exactly my experience going from the 1st gen Fire Stick to the newest: the 1st gen was great up until about the middle of last year when Amazon pushed the software updates to give it the redesigned (and way more demanding) interface, and it was instantly a near-useless device. The strength of the hardware in the newest models of Fire Stick and Fire Cube really shines: absolutely zero lag and they're much faster than the 1st gen hardware was before their updates!

Not sure what the deal is with these Firesticks; they are awesome at first...then over time they become very sluggish and slow...even after a complete reset.

First generation, and second generation.. im sure this is the same trend with the new one.

It's almost like they "wear out"..but im sure there has to be some technical, scientific reason why 🤣

Not sure what the deal is with these Firesticks; they are awesome at first...then over time they become very sluggish and slow...even after a complete reset.

First generation, and second generation.. im sure this is the same trend with the new one.

It's almost like they "wear out"..but im sure there has to be some technical, scientific reason why 🤣

My post above your tells all. It's Amazon putting the new user interface for the newest gen on the older gens, thus crippling them. To me, it's a move to force obsolescence.

I was able to get in on this deal and am basically using it to replace the "SmartTV" part of my 2015 Sony Wega Android TV. The TV interface has gotten so laggy and for whatever reason it just randomly stops connecting to the wireless; and these issues persist after a factory reset. So far the 4K Firestick is leaps and bounds better than using the "High Performance Quad Core Android TV" interface and apps.

It seems like this deal is still alive. For anyone that got this is it small enough to fit next to an another HDMI port without interference?

Back