4K Firestick $25 shipped from Amazon for Prime Members (half off)

Depends on your TV input layout but in most TV's I'd say no. On the TCL TV I'm using this on the HDMI inputs are too close together. A short extension is provided however so it was not a problem.

Depends on your TV input layout but in most TV's I'd say no. On the TCL TV I'm using this on the HDMI inputs are too close together. A short extension is provided however so it was not a problem.

Ah ok I am glad I didn't order an extension

It seems like this deal is still alive. For anyone that got this is it small enough to fit next to an another HDMI port without interference?

Depends on how far they are apart but on my TV the FireStick was large enough to block the next port. It comes with a 4" extension cable that rectifies it though.

Depends on how far they are apart but on my TV the FireStick was large enough to block the next port. It comes with a 4" extension cable that rectifies it though.
Yep. The cable is very helpful.

Dead deal...

I just bought it today for $25

Screenshot_20200419-225911.jpg

Wish I saw this earlier. I have one on the way later this week. When I sold my Xbox One X I didn't realize how much better of a streaming device it was than everything else.

It seems like this deal is still alive. For anyone that got this is it small enough to fit next to an another HDMI port without interference?

They come with a short extension cable if needed for just that purpose. So Yes.

yes, it actually comes with an HDMI extender cable of about 3 inches so you can just hang it down.

It's a little bit of work (~30 mins), but you can fairly easily (without rooting) add a few programs to replace the garbage Amazon UI with a different launcher.

It makes a night and day difference. First install FTVLaunchX, directions and repository included here: https://github.com/codefaktor/FTVLaunchX

You can install different launchers, however, I prefer leanback launcher, a few pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like: https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/development/app-leanback-launcher-fire-tv-t3750451

Repo for leanback launcher here: https://github.com/tsynik/LeanbackLauncher

This is MUCH cleaner than the default UI and removes all of the annoying ads for amazon content that are everywhere.

How easy is it to revert back to the default Firestick software if one of the 3rd party ones starts to act up? I'm guessing it's running via a custom Android launcher, but I've never used one and don't know much about it.

How easy is it to revert back to the default Firestick software if one of the 3rd party ones starts to act up? I'm guessing it's running via a custom Android launcher, but I've never used one and don't know much about it.

Super easy, just turn off FTVLaunchX - It doesn't actually "replace" anything it just launches a different launcher by default, the amazon software is all still fully there, basically it's a new skin for the UI.

I’ve been an Amazon Prime customer for like 15 years and don’t get a discount and I’ve bought two of these already. Checks out.

I just tried and it doesn't work for me either. A shame because I need one.

No one seems to know the exact criteria to qualify for this. It's been around since last spring IIRC and still works. T&C are vague but code should be good until Dec 2020 (this has been extended at least once already).... IF you're one of the 'Chosen Ones'

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back