4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDMI 2.0 TV Database

The problem with most of those monitors is they're from podunk Korean companies.

The new Xiaomi 4k 49" tv (Samsung panel) is supposed to have 4:4:4 for ~$500 retail but only available in china. Xiaomi quality is generally pretty good.

Of the current TV's, the samsungs are good but the lower strata <=7000, eg 6700/6500 have questionable backlight PWM for desktop use.

I use a 65" JU6500 Samsung TV as a computer display (HTPC) and it works just fine for me. Granted I sit about 8' from it. I mostly watch movies/shows and gaming on it, but I also browse the Internet a lot when I'm looking for something to watch.

It has very low freq PWM @ 120hz, which is hardly ideal for a white desktop background turned to <50% brightness. For brief used it's alright but tends to cause strain for long term productive work.

Ah I got ya. I definitely don't do "desktop" work on it for long periods of time that's for sure. However it's mostly due to the awkwardness of trying to use the K400 keyboard on the couch to navigate it. I prefer a full keyboard and mouse.

Normally, I hate it when someone answers by saying, "Don't get what you think you want; get what I think you should have." But if you plan to use the "TV" as a computer monitor only, I can't find a compelling reason to pick a TV over one of these true 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 monitors, posted with their current best price as shipped to USA:

$573 40 (39.5) AMH A399U, VA, but has PWM
$592 40 (39.5) Crossover 404K, VA, no PWM
$679 42 Wasabi Mango UHD420, IPS, no PWM
$773 43 Crossover 434K, IPS, no PWM
$800 40 (39.5) Philips BDM4065UC, VA
$900+ 40 (39.5) Iiyama Prolite LE4041UHS-BA (MVA)
$1000 Seiki SM40UNP (VA)

Excellent post. I have been a little dissatisfied with my 49.5" lg uhdtv and have been thinking about picking up something smaller in the 40" range as well. At the risk of pushing my luck, I don't suppose there are any consolidated posts out there that have links to reviews or anything of that sort? I thought the Phillips had an issue with off-square pixels. Trying to steer clear of stuff like that. Any with gsync/freesync or >60hz refresh?

At the risk of pushing my luck, I don't suppose there are any consolidated posts out there that have links to reviews or anything of that sort?
Check out discussion threads on specific models I've listed at overclock.net.

By the way, I've just added to my foregoing list a new, premium 40-incher from Iiyama, the Prolite X4070UHS.

Last edited:
That would be quite nice if they supported 4:4:4 @ 60hz. At least the X850C does now.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-brand/sony/x850c

Too bad its smallest size is 55''.
They did not confirm for other series. The X830C use 43&49'' IPS panels afaik. (X830C, X900C -> IPS / X850C, X930C -> VA)

vs. Sammy:
Sonys support 1080p@120hz and are PWM free (with Clearness disabled).
Samsung offers smaller sizes, have slightly lower input lag and their Auto Motion Plus is currently the most advanced blur reduction system on the market.

Last edited:
Is the first post/ list being updated?

At this point the most suitable displays seem to be the CrossOver 43/49 units with IPS (less color shift), DC-backlight, and Displayport.

I have the samsung js8500 and suspect the VA colorshift combined with the glossy surface and maybe lightlight weirdness is what's causing a headache when used as a monitor (not an issue for TV/video). Displayport will offer wider choice of graphics since the new Nvidias are the only cards to support hdmi 2.

At this point the most suitable displays seem to be the CrossOver 43/49 units with IPS (less color shift), DC-backlight, and Displayport.

I have the samsung js8500 and suspect the VA colorshift combined with the glossy surface and maybe lightlight weirdness is what's causing a headache when used as a monitor (not an issue for TV/video). Displayport will offer wider choice of graphics since the new Nvidias are the only cards to support hdmi 2.

Seems like LG 43UF6807/43UF6907 and 49UF6807/49UF6907 TV-s use same IPS panel that these Crossover monitors. Anyone know can these TV-s do 4:4:4 UHD 60hz with good input lag?

As of couple months ago the 7xxx didn't, and you had to get the 8xxx series for 444.

;

Normally, I hate it when someone answers by saying, "Don't get what you think you want; get what I think you should have." But if you plan to use the "TV" as a computer monitor only, I can't find a compelling reason to pick a TV over one of these true 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 monitors, posted with their current best price as shipped to USA:

$573 40 (39.5) AMH A399U, VA, but has PWM
$592 40 (39.5) Crossover 404K, VA, no PWM
:confused: $679 ($799) 42 Wasabi Mango UHD420, IPS, no PWM
$773 43 Crossover 434K, IPS, no PWM
$800 40 (39.5) Philips BDM4065UC, VA
$900+ 40 (39.5) Iiyama Prolite LE4041UHS-BA (MVA)
$1000 40 Seiki SM40UNP (VA)
$???? 40 Iiyama Prolite X4070UHS. VA. (announced 2015-07-26)

There is one problem with the pricing you list, it is not for pixel perfect displays. The $679 for the 42 Wasabi can have up to 15 dead pixels. To get one with no dead pixels the price is closer to $799. At $799 it is no longer as good an option.

GTX 960 and Samsung UN50JU6500 works at 4K UHD 3180x2160p 60hz chroma 4:4:4

I'm happy to report that GTX 960 and Samsung UN50JU6500 works at 4K UHD 3180x2160p 60hz chroma 4:4:4 for 4K Windows desktop and apps (including fine black text on white background without any color fringing).

NOTE: I had to replace more costly HDMI cables from the local electronics box store with cheaper cables from Amazon in order to get this to work reliably. With the costlier cables, usually required multiple retries (cycle power, reboot source, etc.) before HDMI handshake would be accomplished and picture would appear... once did appear, was fine. With the Amazon cables, works first time, every time, no muss, no fuss.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L1ZYYM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Clarification/followup:
- This was using the HDMI 1 port on the Samsung UN50JU6500 TV. Haven't tested its other HDMI ports to know if they handle this or not.
- I ordered and tested two more of the above cables. They also work fine.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In Germany (and maybe elsewhere) Samsung just release a curved 40" Series 9 TV (40S9) for RRP 1499€.
I could see the price dropping to about 1k within 6 months.
TV has 4:4:4 4k 60hz and even 10bit. Quantum Dot, HDCP 2.2.

Only issue could be HDMI 2.0 which doesnt work with 4k 60hz 10bit i believe,

The 2015 Sony 4k TV's got a firmware update and now support 4:4:4 at UHD 60Hz. I believe they are PWM free and, if you care about it, they also support 1080p @ 120Hz so it's probably the best TV to buy as a monitor atm.

The 2015 Sony 4k TV's got a firmware update and now support 4:4:4 at UHD 60Hz. I believe they are PWM free and, if you care about it, they also support 1080p @ 120Hz so it's probably the best TV to buy as a monitor atm.

Heard it was only for the 850C and up though, which starts at 55"

Unless they also released an update for the 830C recently?

Heard it was only for the 850C and up though, which starts at 55"

Unless they also released an update for the 830C recently?

I could not find any info about the update being available for 830C either. Doesn't mean it wasn't updated, but there has been no confirmation afaik.

Hopefully, Sony's 2016 models will come out with 4:4:4@60Hz support (and include 40-43" options)

I'm just going off what rtings found. Here's the link:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-usage/pc-monitor/best

This is from their updated review of the X830C:

Update: With the new firmware update PKG2.463.0010NAB, This TV now supports 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4. To enable this, go to Settings - External Inputs - HDMI Signal Format - Enhanced (new).

Oh nice, there wasn't a confirmation last time I checked. That's good news, the 830C looks to be a solid option now.

Yeah I'm probably going to end up getting a 43 inch Sony X830C. I was leaning heavily towards the Crossover 434k prior to this but now the Sony just seems like a better buy for roughly the same price. Both are 43 inches, 4k, IPS, PWM free. The Sony may have higher input lag but it won't matter since I'm not doing any serious gaming on it anyway.

That would be quite nice if they supported 4:4:4 @ 60hz. At least the X850C does now.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-brand/sony/x850c

Too bad its smallest size is 55''.
They did not confirm for other series. The X830C use 43&49'' IPS panels afaik. (X830C, X900C -> IPS / X850C, X930C -> VA)

vs. Sammy:
Sonys support 1080p@120hz and are PWM free (with Clearness disabled).
Samsung offers smaller sizes, have slightly lower input lag and their Auto Motion Plus is currently the most advanced blur reduction system on the market.

I just pulled the trigger on a Sony 55" X850C today. It gets a 10 out of 10 as a PC monitor. It will be paired with my new build:

Core i7-6700K
Zotac SLI'd GTX 970's
EVGA 1K PSU

UHD looks terrible on 55'' for pc use. Thats more horrible than 27'' 1080p

Would the Sony be a good screen for an ATI graphics card, or only good for Nvidia since it only has HDMI ports?

Only good for nVidia. AMD not support hdmi 2.0 yet. Maybe next gen AMD gpus support it.

Presumably one will not use a 55" as close as a 27" so I think it would be fine.

Exactly. Plus, being a Windows 10 user, my dad sits closer to his TV due to his failing eye sight.. he just increases the icons and text to 200% if he sits closer to his tv.

Good day guys,

I took most of the day yesterday wading through this very informative 4k thread. Thanks to all for contributing.

I just pulled the trigger on a "too good of deal to pass up" maybe ! Fry's had a 1 day promo code for the new 2015 LG 49UF6400. price as I shopped around is around 899 I picked it up for 599 and they paid the tax. So did some research and it appears to do 4k @60hrz on HDMI 2.0. I am using it to post this but what I'm not sure about is the 4:4:4.

As I read through the rest of the post I noticed that the Samsung displayed need to be in RGB output color format and UNLIMTED. I cant seem to change this on the LG (or I have not figured it out in the menu yet) all the other settings are the same as the Samsung sets: Resolution 3840x2160, Refresh rate 60hrz, Color depth 32bits, output color depth I have 8 or 12 option (not sure which to use), output color format YCbCr420 (not RGB), Output Dynamic Range. Limited

Has anyone else picked up a new 2015 LG and been able to set it up for RGB and Unlimited? I think those are the last settings I'm missing. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Got my LG figured out. I just needed to turn on HDMI-PC and turn on HDMI Ultra HD Deep color. This allowed me the RGB Unlimited setting in the Nvidia control panel.

Thanks for all the great information.

I can confirm 4K @ 60hrz 4:4:4 for 2015 LG49UF6400

Ill be happy to answer any question or run any test needed for more information.

Back