4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDMI 2.0 TV Database

I wish the LG OLEDs werent 50+mS input lag.
I'd be saving like a loony.

It's very hard to find a 4k tv between 43-49 inches, with a good input lag, 4:4:4 / 60Hz / as computer monitor, of course
I searched with Google few days but i can't find something
I'm affraid about the input lag on those models because i couldn't find some input lag specs :
Panasonic TX-48AXW634
Panasonic TX-43CXW754
LG43UF7709
Samsung 48JU6450

For me a 39-42" would be perfect... still looking to replace my Seiki 39"

I wonder how long we will have to wait, or if such a set will ever exist, as most people seem to want larger displays. I use it for a pretty even mix of desktop and gaming. Movies are handled mostly by my trusty 55" 1080p set with XBMC. I don't have any content higher than 1080p for that so I don't care. With my new 980 though I can push some decent frames at 4k... and I'm stuck at 30hz, not even 4:4:4.

Im kinda excited about the 49UF6700 and 49UF7600 LG's comin up. If they are anything as sucessfull as the UB8500's have been so far!

Im kinda excited about the 49UF6700 and 49UF7600 LG's comin up. If they are anything as sucessfull as the UB8500's have been so far!

Like someone said in the Samsung thread, the price of the LGs seems fishy, they cost less then Samsung so not sure about the quality.

What would you recommend between Philips BDM4065UC monitor and Panasonic TX-43CXW754 tv ?
Philips - 750 euro / panel VA / 40 inch
Panasonic TX-43CXW754 / 1100 euro / panel IPS / 43 inch / input lag = ?!
So, about 350 euro for 3 inches more / VA panel vs. IPS panel /

What would you recommend between Philips BDM4065UC monitor and Panasonic TX-43CXW754 tv ?
Philips - 750 euro / panel VA / 40 inch
Panasonic TX-43CXW754 / 1100 euro / panel IPS / 43 inch / input lag = ?!
So, about 350 euro for 3 inches more / VA panel vs. IPS panel /

I would take the Panasonic, because I had the Philips and I had to return it due to several issues. I am not sure how bad IPS glow will be on a such large panel. The input lag of the Panasonic is unkown, maybe you can find input lag information from last year models and assume it will be similar?

What kind of issues did you have with the Philips ?
Do you think that IPS colors look better then VA, generally speaking ?
Thank you

Thank you

1. PWM, Color distortion.
2. IPS is better for me, VA looks a bit washed out.

I was checking last year LG model (UB850V) input lag, wow geez...

Leo Bodnar input lag tester 66ms in [Game Mode]; 84ms otherwise

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/49ub850v-201406033786.htm

This TV have a great picture as almost any 4K TV nowadays, however if you want this TV for gaming, you will be very disappointed because the input lag is unbearable even in “Game Mode”. If you are playing a game in Full HD (1080p) (Game mode activated), the average input lag is about 64ms (source: displaylag.com). Now, if you make use of the 3D functionality to play your game in 3D or to use the “Dual Play” functionality, it get even worse with input lag over the 100ms. My advice is to bear for now with a Full HD TV and give 2 or 3 more years for this technology to be fully developed and plenty of content and 4K players to be available. If you still want to play games on a 4K TV you should validate first if the model you are looking to buy is suitable for a smooth/fast gaming (check it on displaylag.com)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...art-tv-49ub8500-chrome-49ub8500/10292471.aspx

I'm afraid it might not have improved this year :(

Here is a list for input lag for some TVs: http://www.rtings.com/info/input-lag-tvs

Last edited:
I picked up an LG 55UF7600, this morning from Fry's. Came out to $997 with promo code and no tax due to their current 4K promotion.

Odd thing I noticed... HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color can be enabled on HDMI 1 and HDMI 2.

The LG Rep I talked to this morning had mentioned I should connect to HDMI 3 for 4:4:4. :confused:

How can I confirm if I am getting 4:4:4 at 60hz?

Also, if anyone has any questions about the set or wants me to test anything feel free to ask.

I picked up an LG 55UF7600, this morning from Fry's. Came out to $997 with promo code and no tax due to their current 4K promotion.

Odd thing I noticed... HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color can be enabled on HDMI 1 and HDMI 2.

The LG Rep I talked to this morning had mentioned I should connect to HDMI 3 for 4:4:4. :confused:

How can I confirm if I am getting 4:4:4 at 60hz?

Also, if anyone has any questions about the set or wants me to test anything feel free to ask.

Test above images at 100% scaling. Yes you need to use HDMI 3 port.

Could you please test input lag, or at least say if you feel lag on desktop or in game? How bad is IPS glow on such large panel? Thanks!

Someone on another forum told me there is not much IPS glow on his 65 inch LG.

Edit: You don't happen to have a camera where you can set shutter speed so you can test PWM?

Last edited:
Thank you

On a good VA panel, such as my Samsung JU7500, the difference is so negligible that my $1000 IPS designer monitor loses because it has far worse blacks. IPS blacks will never be good. I just had to SLIGHTLY increase color saturation on my Samsung via picture options, and it equals, and can be even better than the IPS.

There is manual for some Sony 2015 tvs now, no 4:4:4 as suspected.

HDMI IN 1/2/3/4 (Support 4K resolution) Video (2D):
4096 × 2160p (60 Hz)*1, *2, 4096 × 2160p (24 Hz)*2, 3840 × 2160p (60 Hz)*1, 3840 × 2160p (24, 30 Hz), 1080p (30, 60 Hz), 1080/ 24p, 1080i (60 Hz), 720p (30, 60 Hz), 720/ 24p, 480p, 480i, PC Formats
*1 YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8bit only
*2 3840x2160p is displayed when
4096x2160p is input

I received reply regarding 4:4:4 on new Panasonic TVs:

CuvBmas.png

But not sure if that is @ 60hz.

This seems like a terrible time to buy either a tv or a monitor. At least a top of the line expensive model intended for multiple year use in a living room or primary machine.

The inputs that we have now built into tvs are garbage and low bandwidth, the new feature that is just now starting to show up in theaters and later tvs will be high dynamic range, and that will probably require 10 bit color or greater, and hdmi 2.0 can't do that with 4:4:4, it can't even do 8 bit color with hdcp built in, if you go without that then some content might not be visible, it just seems like a total clusterf*ck/mess right now.

I think everyone needs to wait and refuse to spend big money on a tv or monitor. Because the high end is in flux, and the right inputs are taking too long, we need to light a fire of lost sales under the manufacturers and standards bodies to pick up the pace. Which will do nothing, it will take the time it takes, people will buy what they will, and be worse off for it.

This seems like a terrible time to buy either a tv or a monitor. At least a top of the line expensive model intended for multiple year use in a living room or primary machine.

The inputs that we have now built into tvs are garbage and low bandwidth, the new feature that is just now starting to show up in theaters and later tvs will be high dynamic range, and that will probably require 10 bit color or greater, and hdmi 2.0 can't do that with 4:4:4, it can't even do 8 bit color with hdcp built in, if you go without that then some content might not be visible, it just seems like a total clusterf*ck/mess right now.

I think everyone needs to wait and refuse to spend big money on a tv or monitor. Because the high end is in flux, and the right inputs are taking too long, we need to light a fire of lost sales under the manufacturers and standards bodies to pick up the pace. Which will do nothing, it will take the time it takes, people will buy what they will, and be worse off for it.

The Samsung JU series comes pretty close to being the ideal display for use as a computer monitor. The only things dragging it down is the lack of 4:4:4 while in Game Mode and the use of a low frequency PWM. Otherwise it checks most of the boxes for an ideal computer monitor.

I'm pretty sure, it does 4:4:4 chroma / 4k @60Hz
But no idea about the InputLag

HDMI 2.0 (MHL) means, its working 4:4:4 @4k 60 Hz ?
Samsung UE40JU6450 has 4x HDMI 2.0 (MHL)
I also consider those 2 LG :
LG 43 UF7729 and LG 40UF675V ( or 43 inch )
Anyone knows something about 4:4:4 @4k 60 Hz, one those 3 tv's ?
Thank you

HDMI 2.0 (MHL) means, its working 4:4:4 @4k 60 Hz ?
Samsung UE40JU6450 has 4x HDMI 2.0 (MHL)
I also consider those 2 LG :
LG 43 UF7729 and LG 40UF675V ( or 43 inch )
Anyone knows something about 4:4:4 @4k 60 Hz, one those 3 tv's ?
Thank you

No, MHL ports is for mobile.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-Definition_Link

Samung and LG supports 4:4:4, Panasonic should too but we don't know for sure yet.

i think i order the Samsung UE40JU6450, although someone said the 6000 series doesn't support 4:4:4 @4k 60 hz

Hello, I am interested in getting the LG UB8500. Can anyone give me some advice?

-Can anyone tell me the input lag, by doing a test in PC mode (which I assume I'll be using mostly, playing games on my PC)? I heard it was ~60ms, but that was before the firm ware update I believe, and probably not in PC mode.

-I was told passive 3D with a 4K TV is the best 3D available because you get full resolution that you normally can't get with a passive 1080p TV. Is this true?

-I am surprised to hear about people being able to see "horizontal lines" in 2D and 3D because the TV is a passive 3D tv. This sounds pretty terrible. Should I get an active tv instead? Has it been fixed with firmware? Is it really noticeable?

Ultimately I want to find out: is this TV as good as this 50 inch Insignia http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...lack/1214006.p?id=1219479932886&skuId=1214006 for gaming and movies?

If the picture is as good as that TV, then I will buy the LG because the extra features are worth it to me.

But 4K tv doesn't automatically mean better picture, so if people are unsatisfied, or think a good 1080p TV is worth it, I'll reconsider.

Reading this thread has been very informative, thank you.

-I was told passive 3D with a 4K TV is the best 3D available because you get full resolution that you normally can't get with a passive 1080p TV. Is this true?
Yes.
I have a passive LG 27" 1080p TV and an active Optoma 1080p DLP projector.
The TV is easier on the eyes for 3D, but not being full res and a lot smaller, I dont use it for this.
3D on the projector is very good though but I wish it was passive. I have always wished the TV could do full res 3D for gaming (but it is HDMI 1.3 so has no interface with enough bandwidth anyway).
(Passive is possible on a projector system but requires 2 projectors polarised for each eye and a screen that doesnt lose the polarity.)

-I am surprised to hear about people being able to see "horizontal lines" in 2D and 3D because the TV is a passive 3D tv. This sounds pretty terrible. Should I get an active tv instead? Has it been fixed with firmware? Is it really noticeable?

This is something that "really" bugged me for a few weeks but gradually seemed to disappear.
My LG 3D 1080p TV is my permanent PC 2D monitor (it isnt used as a TV) and for those few weeks, I noticed a slight pattern caused by the 3D polarising filters.
At the time I didnt know thats what it was, but it dawned on me after they started to fade that it must be the filters because the effect goes across the screen, as do the filters.
I only ever saw them in 2D, not 3D.

I honestly cannot tell they are there now and this TV hasnt had any firmware updates.
I'm trying really hard to see them as I type this and nope, nada, not there.
I expect that I got used to them rather than they improved in some fashion.

I asked a friend if he could see it when I first got the TV but he couldnt so assumed it was just me. He is a fellow PC nut with a Dell 32" 2560 res screen.
When my Dad and brother (another PC nut) saw this TV being used for PC they commented that its a really good PC display.
I havent asked for other opinions since but nobody has forwarded a negative comment.

Last edited:
Thank you Nenu for your input. Seems like a lot of people like the TV. Do you use it for PC/console gaming by any chance? Do you notice lag between that and a PC monitor? I know it won't be nearly as good but as a pretty casual player, I don't know if I'll even notice it. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for when Microcenter hopefully has another crazy discount like they did last time.

Last edited:
Thank you Nenu for your input. Seems like a lot of people like the TV. Do you use it for PC/console gaming by any chance? Do you notice lag between that and a PC monitor? I know it won't be nearly as good but as a pretty casual player, I don't know if I'll even notice it. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for when Microcenter hopefully has another crazy discount like they did last time.

I dont have a 4K TV, I was sharing my experience with passive 3D in case it helps.
I'm one of the saddos waiting for a semi reasonably priced and good quality 4K projector :)
A long wait.

Back