4k 32" IPS with 120+hz and low input lag a Unicorn?

DarkSideA8

Gawd
I've been looking around at past trade show announcements & etc. and there's a lot of hype for larger format, decent refresh rate 4k IPS panels... but I can't seem to find them in the wild.

I'm currently gaming / working on a 16:10 HP ZR24W, and the extra vertical screen space is fantastic. However, I find that I'd like a larger monitor, and the 27s just don't look like much of an upgrade. After sizing monitors and desk space real estate, 32 inches seems to be the ideal size, and at that size 4k looks like a great option. Also, looking at flat panels - what's the deal with the curved? Text just does not look good on what I've seen in stores.

Any word on monitors that fit what I'm looking for? (or, if none available, Is there any way to forecast what panels might be available this next holiday season? )

Or am I chasing a Unicorn atm?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah there are almost no 32" screens. It's weird. 27" is way too fucking small.

You're basically stuck with a 38" ultrawide if you don't want a mini-me height monitor. It's ridiculous.

Should be out by this holiday season...or of course it can follow every other monitor release and come out next year lol.

Should be out by this holiday season...or of course it can follow every other monitor release and come out next year lol.

It's weird - every other computer component / peripheral seems to get a lot of hype and leaks and lead time... but Monitor releases, previews or expected release dates? Nada. That Nvidia video got me all excited that high refresh large format gaming was here... but apparently it's still over the horizon.

Well I mean there is the the CX48 OLED that's been out for months now which will offer big screen high refresh 4k HDR gaming. But of course that display has issues of it's own sooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's weird - every other computer component / peripheral seems to get a lot of hype and leaks and lead time... but Monitor releases, previews or expected release dates? Nada. That Nvidia video got me all excited that high refresh large format gaming was here... but apparently it's still over the horizon.
I mean, they get ASUS and HP to release 65" Gsync 4k displays a while back (with DP and native Gsync modules), though DP1.4 limits mean it's 4kHDR at 98Hz, 120Hz if 8 bit.

But yeah, monitors have the strangest, longest announcement-->amazon/newegg/bestbuy delay I can think of, when it comes to major PC parts.

As for the 48" LG OLEDs, it does seem the smaller displays within a TV lineup usually miss out on features the bigger ones have (same lineup, not "lower end/range, etc") but the 48" OLEDs seem to have it all thing time around. Including all of the usual LG bugs with broken features and take months to get patched to a working state.

Nvidia tried at first with the HP and ASUS 65" native Gsync displays (BFGD), but seem to have somewhat given up the post and let LG take it from there.

High refresh rate 4K is a complete wasteland above 27" and under 48". The LG CX 48 is literally the only 4K 120+ Hz display worth buying if you want larger than 27".

The few 43" models from ASUS and Acer have very bad panels with tons of ghosting issues. The only 32" high refresh rate model announced is the ASUS PG32UQX and that is going to be so expensive you could probably buy three LG CX 48 OLEDs for that money by the time the ASUS hits the market.

EDIT: Looks liket there's some light at the end of the tunnel: https://hardforum.com/threads/viewsonic-elite-xg320u-4k-144hz-ips-hdr-600-announced.2001055/

There has been an astonishing gap in PC gaming displays; which is the goldilocks 32" 4K 120+ Hz monitor. They have never existed and are supposedly coming out later this year.

Apparently this is how industry views us - as a niche

UHD and 144 Hz on 32 inches are a niche
The choice of monitors with 3840 × 2160 pixels and 144 Hz or more is still very limited and limited to the display sizes mentioned. While models with 43 inches and more are hardly suitable for the desk, for many users 27 inches is again too small for this resolution. The 32-inch monitor with 4K UHD closes this gap among 144 Hz monitors for gamers.

(From the Viewsonic article)

Back