4GHz on AMD's 65nm process!

first dualy to hit 4ghz was a 6000+ on vapochill. marky, you shoulda known this! and it happened a few weeks after the 6000+ launch.

but lets be serious, if i hadn't murdered my 4200, that woulda been the first 4ghz dc. =[ im still bitter about that.

PS! I FOUND THE UNDOCTORED VERSION OF THE PICTURE OF VIKING ABOVE!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/TerrorXepidemic1/viking.jpg

roflcrapterz!

that is awesome :D
and yeah, i'm still pissed that you broke that thing too. it had epic tolerance for cold

The 6000+ is not a 65nm CPU...

he knows. he was answering the previous question on the first dual amd ever to hit 4ghz, not first 65nm :p

Badass! Congrats! Just this week I was so tempted to pull the trigger and buy the black edition on the newegg daily deal! If only I wouldn't need a new mobo and ram too.. :/

What kind of speeds are you running at with "normal" cooling? :)

Sucks the dry ice is in blocks, makes it too hard to put into a 2 liter bottle. :D

And sorry, I'm not using the words cute and kitten in the same sentence. Oh shit, I just did..
mikel.gif

are you implying that cute kittens are a sign of gayness? :p

and check the middle of the original post. i have some screens from testing it under water cooling. i consider that "normal" :D

Its encouraging to see that AMD took am2 parts and got them to run this fast. It means that quads can and will run above 3ghz and 45nm is gonna be fast. Congrats on the OC!

Continued posting in this mannter will get your banned. - Kyle

HAHA MISUNDERSTANDING! Kyle thought I was calling the original poster an attention whore, when i was calling MY CAT an attention whore!.
Total misunderstanding.

ahhh he luvs u XD

dont worry that will go away bit in a few years most cats stay kitten like for 1-2 years
my calico still does it XD but then shes just cuddly

on the other hand my roommates cat is very hyper and never likes to be picked up and only sits in your lap when HE wants to

btw my cats name is Pixel im such a geek XD and if i ever get a 2nd cat its name will be Texel
i guess its not that bad is i know some one that named there cat Divx

Gratz Man. I am glad someone showed that amd still makes good cpu's. I use intel a q6600. but i still like amd. and i still use amd. so its good to see that there cpu's still can do that. and thanks for the great post. because now i am building a amd am2. along with my 2 other amd system's. Awesome Job Keep up the work.

mhz isnt everything ;;

even though the AM2 cpu's are slower yes. but well AM2+ is something else, they got HT 3.0 ;)

Gonna push better :p

there isnt anything new with the 45 nm from intel. they are slacking off to be honest.

mhz isnt everything ;;

even though the AM2 cpu's are slower yes. but well AM2+ is something else, they got HT 3.0 ;)
I don't think we'll be seeing HT 3.0 until well into 2008, if not later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the initial release Barcelona processors have standard HT links? There was a good deal of arguing about this on another forum.

only one word to say..................AWESOME!

and Congrads!!!

wait thats 2........lol

good on ya!
God willing, this will all translate to Phenom.

Or, phenom ends up being more of the same, just more cores, more improvements.

if a the phenom K8 makes 4.5 ghz on 4 cores it will be a miracle, in my opinion.

I say this because People got 4 ghz on single core 130nm, on a dual core 90nm, and only now dual core 65nm.

Best case senerio I think is, if phenoms can overclock to 3.3-3.5ghz on air like 90nm x2's, mite get into intels grill a little bit with the everyday overclocking crowd.

I'm not trying to make AMD look bad, but its been a solid 4 years of K8, another one is coming, and intel is moving on. At the same time, sort of a tribute to K8 being fesiable for so long

if a the phenom K8 makes 4.5 ghz on 4 cores it will be a miracle, in my opinion.

I say this because People got 4 ghz on single core 130nm, on a dual core 90nm, and only now dual core 65nm.

keep in mind that while the maximum cpu-z validation has remained steady at around 4ghz, the average stable overclock has risen drastically in the last couple months. not too long ago, breaking 3ghz stable was rare, and now we can do significantly above that with just stock voltage with many of the newer chips ;)

Beautiful OC. You have succeeded in making seem AMD appealing again.

Beautiful QC as well.

Insane work, dude. Might stop in to see it in a couple weeks :p (I'm headed back up!)

Gotta love the Weggy's isopropanol. :)

Congrats.
Now take an agena and hit 4 on air and it'll match the blue team. ;)

Amd is improving, but still get stomped. Too bad. I like competition.

Back