4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance $50 each (Newegg)

Killroy

Gawd
Newegg has 4GB Corsair Vengeance sticks for $59.99 - $10 code (EMCZNNW66) = $49.99 each with free shipping.

These were $63 each about two weeks ago.

The full product name is:
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

Newegg item number is: N82E16820233141

Don't forget to use the [H]ard commissioned link and support the forum.
Just copy the item number, follow the link, search Newegg for the item number, add six to your cart, and copy and paste the coupon code.

Last edited:
Loving the RAM prices lately, hopefully it only continues to go lower. Let's see those rock bottom prices of 2008 again!

This RAM would be good for a new Sandy Bridge build wouldn't it?

omg im pissed

Subtotal of Items: $162.27
Shipping & Handling: $17.98
------
Total for this Order: $180.25

Delivery estimate: December 29, 2010 1 "Corsair Memory Vengeance 8 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8"

paid 180 for 8gb does those sticks run in dual channel if i buy two? if so omGGgggggggg!

those are some hideous heat spreaders. i would never put that in my rig, as much as i love corsair and their memory. (i have dominators right now)

omg im pissed

Subtotal of Items: $162.27
Shipping & Handling: $17.98
------
Total for this Order: $180.25

Delivery estimate: December 29, 2010 1 "Corsair Memory Vengeance 8 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8"

paid 180 for 8gb does those sticks run in dual channel if i buy two? if so omGGgggggggg!

i dont understand your post, but yes they will run in dual channel. why are you paying $180? shouldnt it be $100?

He's upset that he could have had 16gb of Cas 9 for $20 more than the 8gb of Cas 8 he bought.

Very tempting. Do I have a computer problem if I want to build another machine simply because I might purchase this memory?

are you sure caus i will cancel my order... that memory model # on corsair website says SINGLE CHANNEL not dual so if u buy two of those it will b in single chanel...

For AMD and Intel Dual and Triple processors. Operates in Single Channel mode when installed individually. Vengeance heat spreader for styling and performance Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) Support

I'm pretty sure it's listed as single channel because you only get one DIMM. When you pair it with a second, it will run dual channel.

are you sure caus i will cancel my order... that memory model # on corsair website says SINGLE CHANNEL not dual so if u buy two of those it will b in single chanel...
Ram is ram, it's only "dual" or "tripple" channel because they verify it will work together. Otherwise yes you can use two for dual or three for tripple channel setups.

Great Looking, Great Overclocking Memory at a Great Price
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory modules are designed with overclockers in mind. Vengeance DIMMs are built using RAM specially selected for their high-performance potential. Aluminum heat spreaders help dissipate heat, and provide the aggressive look that you want in your gaming rig. As a bonus, the attractive low price of Vengeance memory will also leave lots of room in your system build budget.

Optimized for Compatibility with the Latest CPUs and Motherboards
Vengeance memory is designed specifically for the latest CPUs. The 1.5V VDIMM spec ensures you get the performance you expect, even without increasing memory voltages. Vengeance DDR3 memory is available in single modules, and two or three module kits, making it easy for you to match the DIMM population requirements of your motherboard.

Next-Generation Density for the Ultimate Power User
Most Vengeance DIMMs are built with two gigabit RAM ICs. These extra-dense memory chips allow you to have 8GB of memory using only two DIMMs, or to populate your triple channel system with up to an insanely large 24GB of system memory for extreme multitasking performance.

Product Description
High-performance 4GB Vengeance Single Module, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V

Key Features
•Maximize your system memory capacity for ultimate performance
•Specially selected RAMs for overclocked performance
•Includes XMP performance profile
•Guaranteed to work on all dual channel Intel platforms
•Aggressive Look you want
•Attractively low price
•World famous Corsair reliability and performance
Package Contents
One 4GB memory module

System Requirements
Designed for use with all DDR3 motherboards with one memory channel

so ur saying their site is wrong... ifi i buy a ''dual'' memory and only use ONE they each will run in single pair them up they run dual... so if i buy two of those ''single'' will they run dual FOR SURE!? and my previous post it SPECIFICLLY SAYS use on DUAL OR TRIPLE proccessors i run a quad core.. ill cancel my order on amazon and buy two of thse and save 50$

Are these sticks any better than the 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws that can be had for $109.99?

Great Looking, Great Overclocking Memory at a Great Price
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory modules are designed with overclockers in mind. Vengeance DIMMs are built using RAM specially selected for their high-performance potential. Aluminum heat spreaders help dissipate heat, and provide the aggressive look that you want in your gaming rig. As a bonus, the attractive low price of Vengeance memory will also leave lots of room in your system build budget.

Optimized for Compatibility with the Latest CPUs and Motherboards
Vengeance memory is designed specifically for the latest CPUs. The 1.5V VDIMM spec ensures you get the performance you expect, even without increasing memory voltages. Vengeance DDR3 memory is available in single modules, and two or three module kits, making it easy for you to match the DIMM population requirements of your motherboard.

Next-Generation Density for the Ultimate Power User
Most Vengeance DIMMs are built with two gigabit RAM ICs. These extra-dense memory chips allow you to have 8GB of memory using only two DIMMs, or to populate your triple channel system with up to an insanely large 24GB of system memory for extreme multitasking performance.

Product Description
High-performance 4GB Vengeance Single Module, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V

Key Features
•Maximize your system memory capacity for ultimate performance
•Specially selected RAMs for overclocked performance
•Includes XMP performance profile
•Guaranteed to work on all dual channel Intel platforms
•Aggressive Look you want
•Attractively low price
•World famous Corsair reliability and performance
Package Contents
One 4GB memory module

System Requirements
Designed for use with all DDR3 motherboards with one memory channel

so ur saying their site is wrong... ifi i buy a ''dual'' memory and only use ONE they each will run in single pair them up they run dual... so if i buy two of those ''single'' will they run dual FOR SURE!?

Yes. Dual channel support is based on the motherboard. It allows 2 channels or lanes for the memory to operate versus 1. Putting two of these sticks in your motherboards dual channel specified slots will yield dual channel performance.

so ur saying their site is wrong... ifi i buy a ''dual'' memory and only use ONE they each will run in single pair them up they run dual... so if i buy two of those ''single'' will they run dual FOR SURE!?

Like the other guy said, ram is ram. There is no such thing as a dimm that is only single channel but not dual or triple channel. Ram has no channel. The board runs the ram in single, dual or triple channel based on how many dimm slots are populated by ram.

if you buy 2 sticks for a P55 board or a ddr3 AMD board and install 2 dimms they will run in dual channel because the board tells them to run in dual channel. The ram doesn't specifically instruct the board to run it a certain way otherwise "it doesn't work"; that's not how it is. If you buy 3 sticks and run them on an x58 they will run in triple channel. If you have either a P55 or an x58 and you install 1 dimm it will run in single channel mode because there's only 1 dimm. You get the maximum throughput if you run a P55 in dual channel or an x58 in triple channel but other than performance sacrifice, you could still run a P55 or x58 with a single dimm.

Kits are sold as kits (ie dual channel or triple channel) because they take 2 or 3 matched pieces and sell them as a set but there is nothing different from buying 2 or 3 individual dimms and pairing them up yourself.

Taking a peek at reviews for this line, these sticks look like darn good overclockers. Picked up 3 to replace the mismatched 2GB sticks of Ripjaws I'm using. Looking forward to 12GB of RAM and using 4 of em for a RAMdisk for working on large files in Photoshop.

fck so heres the bigger question... is it worth paying 180$ for these sticks that are 8-8-8-24 or paying 60$ per stick for a saving of 60$ but havinig them run at 9-9-9-24??

The timings are not a huge difference, just overclock them if it means so much to you. The price is not justified.

I just bought 12GB. What are the chances this will work with my existing 6GB of Kingston HyperX? :D

fck so heres the bigger question... is it worth paying 180$ for these sticks that are 8-8-8-24 or paying 60$ per stick for a saving of 60$ but havinig them run at 9-9-9-24??

You'll never notice the difference day to day.
If you benchmark, sure, the numbers will be different; real world performance, you won't notice anything though.

True, with on die controller with i7 9-9-9-24 vs 8-8-8-24 is bearly any difference. Trust you will not get any performance hit with the intel's new controller, it is just very quick already.

...is it worth paying 180$ for these sticks that are 8-8-8-24 or paying 60$ per stick for a saving of 60$ but havinig them run at 9-9-9-24??
You could put that $80 extra towards an SSD drive or a faster CPU to make up for it.

But for the most part - not at all for your real world every day use. If you are a professional benchmarker or a folding nut - you might want cas8. But otherwise you will not notice. I just ordered two of these guys. Not bad for $99.99

$149.97 for 12GB of memory......good God I shouldn't but I so want to order these.

Wonder how much better OC'ing I'd get over the Crucials I'm running now?

Thanks for the link OP! Gives me something to think over.

I would get this if every piece of Corsair equipment (ram, H50, SSD...) I own wasn't dead/failing. I know a lot of people will disagree, but Corsair is dead to me.

fml i cant canel me amazon order is gonna be here tommorow i want 60$ back lols... anyone know if i refuse the order from amazon if they will refund my money?

So since these are the same volts/etc has the 12gb triple channel kit. Buying three of these shouldn't have any problems?

fml i cant canel me amazon order is gonna be here tommorow i want 60$ back lols... anyone know if i refuse the order from amazon if they will refund my money?

Yes, Amazon will refund your order if you refuse delivery. If it is delivered and you don't have a reason to return it (such as wrong item, defective) you'll have to pay return shipping.

I dont know about canceling, but if you call amazon and gripe at them (tactfully of course), they might match newegg's price. They won't want to deal with a return since that usually means a guaranteed loss on the sale and pissed customer verses just a hit to the profit margins.

Question...

I have 3x2gb now; if I bought 3x4gb of these; would I be able to use my existing 6gb as a pagefile ramdisk without sacrificing triple channel? Would be nice compliment to my ssd i think to move some of the read/writes off...

So since these are the same volts/etc has the 12gb triple channel kit. Buying three of these shouldn't have any problems?

RAM is RAM... the channels are dependent on the motherboard, not the sticks :).

In other words, yes, you will be fine.

As tempting as this is, I'm not a big fan of 1600 speed memory with C9. High probability of it OC'ing better, but no guarantees.

I have some old DDR1 memory I could never get to go into dual channel, bought the same model number sticks but they never would successfully dual channel from the day I bought them. I kicked myself for not buying the paired sets, and at the time that was the common explanation as to why I couldn't get them to dual channel....because they weren't matched. Even though they might be the same model number they might not be enough alike for dual channel. So to hear that it's the motherboard that decides on dual channel solely is news to me at this point. Either it's something new with the DDR2 and 3 memory or people were making stuff up back then. Either way I couldn't get my memory to dual channel with the same model number memory on a motherboard that successfully dual channeled some paired sticks I bought.

Back