4G CGNAT is frustrating

I have a difficult problem with getting access to my 4G connected network remotely. Lets call that point A. My Point A computer is connected to a 4G network that has CGNAT from the ISP. That means the public external IP address of that computer is shared with others and is given an internal ISP from within the ISP.

This creates alot of problems as it is not possible to run services like VPN server RDM etc as I have 0 control over the ISP NAT. I have contacted the ISP and they are not able to give a static unique IPv4 nor IPv6.

Then we have point B. I need point B to be able to use the external IP of point A.

I don't want to use VNC because restricting data on 4G is crucial. I only want to be able to visit web servers with the external IP of point A on my point B computer.

I have full access to point B NAT/Router and it has a static IP.

Bottom line is I need to be able to use point A external IP on point B because the websites I visit are restricted to the external IP of the point A 4G ISP.

@OP

One way I can see around this is to rent a cheap VPS and run a VPN or reverse SSH tunnel originating from Point A to the VPS, and expose a port on the VPS to the public Internet. Point B then connects to the VPS on that exposed port, and has its traffic tunnelled back to Point A. Of course, this means knowledge of Linux, network routing and the iptables firewall. It's certainly doable. :)

Use setup a OpenVPN server on point B and let point A connect to this, thus giving Point B the opernatunity to reach Point A without any problems, and even remote, ud you open op SSH or any other remove connection on point B

If point A is behind CGNAT you need a VPN server on B that does not rely on static IP's, like OpenVPN.

Most VPNs have some sort of mechanism for dealing with NAT.. IPSec for example has NAT-T, or NAT Traversal.

Back