$499 Off Lease 13.3 Macbook

bdwarr6

Limp Gawd
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...sp?EdpNo=6713244&sku=F12-130001&srkey=macbook

$499.99

Specifications

Apple MacBook 13.3" Notebook
Display Type: LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
Screen Size: 13.3"
Maximum Resolution: 1280 × 800
Memory Type: DDR2
Memory Size: 1GB
Memory Speed: DDR2 667 / PC2-5300
Maximum Memory Supported: 2GB
Capacity: 80GB
HDD/SSD Drives Included: 1x 80GB
Drive Types: Hard Drive
Hard Drive Speed: 5400 RPM
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Core 2 Duo
Processor Type: Dual-Core
Processor Speed: 2GHz

Do these really have a GeForce 320M? If so, in for one.

Edit: Something's not adding up here...those are the specs for a "new" Macbook off of Apple's website. However, the last time a Macbook came with a 80 GB drive was 2-3 years ago, which fits with it being "off lease." So I would expect these to be 2-3 years old and have either intel graphics or the older GeForce 9400. I'll pass, but this is a cheap way to get into a Mac for those who are interested.

Last edited:
It says 320M in the description, I don't think they'd lie. If tigerdirect has $500 12 months no interest like newegg does, I'd refuse the UL50VT I just ordered from newegg and get this, since I have a 320gb 2.5" and 4gb of ddr2

The picture also shows a white case which is at least 2 generations old these are not worth $500 clearly the video card is mislabeled.

This looks almost exactly like my dead Macbook from 2007 that used the GMA950. I believe the nvidia models have the multi-touch trackpad with no button.

These are definitely the older models... and they're crap. My GF has one, and it's broken so many times I lost count, not to mention the cheap/defective design (not unibody like the site suggests), where the plastic chips off and apple will tell you you're SOL unless you have applecare.

It might be worth $499 new, but these are clearly not. If you want one to mess around with OSX it might be worth it, but otherwise I'd stay away.

bad deal!

Word. I stopped looking at Tigerdirect refurbs, off lease, and the like, because they're essentially selling used gear that's typically obsolete, for $50-100 less than a new equivalent.

Back