4870 at Best Buy: When?

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got a small rebate for 10 bucks plus the monthly sale of 10% I'm just waiting for best buy to come up with this freakin' card. Seems like ATI just doesn't have enough to go around. Anyone know if BB will carry this card as I've talked with BB employees about availability and they know nothing and typically BB doesn't carry high end parts.

I do see they have the 260 there tempting me.

I've got a small rebate for 10 bucks plus the monthly sale of 10% I'm just waiting for best buy to come up with this freakin' card. Seems like ATI just doesn't have enough to go around. Anyone know if BB will carry this card as I've talked with BB employees about availability and they know nothing and typically BB doesn't carry high end parts.

I do see they have the 260 there tempting me.

I ordered a 4870 on launch day from Best Buy. It was backordered, but shipped on July 1st. So they are getting them from Visiontek. Their site shows them as backordered, but you can still order one. A few days ago they were listed as out of stock, so it looks like BB is only taking orders if they have a shipment on the way from Visiontek.

I doubt you'll see the card in the store until it's a last generation part. Based on history that's usually what happens.

Good luck...

That sux, can I still use my reward points and/or the 12% discount if I'm online ordering?

I've tried to use the coupons online, but there is nowhere to enter the coupon codes...so i called up and did the order over the phone...and the people there cannot take the coupon either. So no.

the only way I know of getting it to work is by doing the "customer fulfillment order" at your local bestbuy from their website. That worked for me...but you actually have to get a best buy employee that 1) knows what they are doing, and 2) gives a shit to help you.

I've tried to use the coupons online, but there is nowhere to enter the coupon codes...so i called up and did the order over the phone...and the people there cannot take the coupon either. So no.

the only way I know of getting it to work is by doing the "customer fulfillment order" at your local bestbuy from their website. That worked for me...but you actually have to get a best buy employee that 1) knows what they are doing, and 2) gives a shit to help you.

+1, that's how I got my 2900s at launch, had them both a week later shipped directly to my door. Used my 12% off coupon instore with the customer fullfillment. Bought them on two separate transactions so I could use the coupon twice.

my local BB had em they had 9800gtx I mean most of the newer cards they had in stock

are you sure cuz the website doesnt offer instore pick or even checkin inventory

That sux, can I still use my reward points and/or the 12% discount if I'm online ordering?

LOL

Step 1 buy it online.
Step 2 Take it to your local store and return it.
Step 3 After they return the money to your credit card re-buy it on the spot with your coupons etc...

Nothing in their policy against that... trust me :D

LOL

Step 1 buy it online.
Step 3 After they return the money to your credit card re-buy it on the spot with your coupons etc...

Really? this sounds like a good idea, has anyone tried this?

LOL

Step 1 buy it online.

Step 4 They kick you out of the door
Step 5 Everyone say Lord_Exodia is a lil troll that plans out retarded ideas

Seems like it might work if I come back in 30 minutes...but from what I hear we might actually see these cards at BB soon anyway; I mean, they do carry the 260 now so I would imagine this card would be there as well within my time frame.

They don't put the item back on the shelf right away. Or else everyone would buy, return, and then pay for the open box price, it just doesn't make sense.

That does not work(at least for video cards). Video cards should always be DEVO'ed(sent back). If you have ever seen an open box video card than someone really messed up. Trust me I have wanted to buy them online,return them and then buy it again with the employee discount but you can not.

short story to my BB quandry...I DID buy it there and was able to use my 12% discount coupon on it as well....got it for about 267 I think...heres how:

Bought a i1525 dell inspirion notebook, new camera and wanted to put it on 2 years interest free. I was at 800, they said, if you hit 999 you can do 2 years interest free....

Interest Free is good. Very good. In case you don't know.

So, I said, "I wish you guys had the 4870 I know I'm going to buy one but you don't have them in stock, only online..."

Well, they said they could do the customer prefernce something or other and so they ordered it from the store ONLINE and the 12% discount applied (plus 10 bucks reward points).

**It will be delivered in 2-3 days no shipping. :)

I'm really happy with my BB experience, though if you don't know what you're buying you can get royally ripped off there too.

Step 4 They kick you out of the door
Step 5 Everyone say Lord_Exodia is a lil troll that plans out retarded ideas

Bro STFU!!

Why would they kick you out of the door

Why am I a troll.

Seems like somebody didn't take their meds before posting. cough cough (SX2233)

There is nothing wrong with what I'm saying to do. I've done it myself. I've used Reward zone coupons the exact same way and it falls within the stores policies. Show me where it says otherwise.

Either post something educated or simply Shut the F*)& Up!! Where do u get off knocking my post if you have absolutely nothing to contribute to help this guy.

1. I have done it successfully without any problems
2. There is nothing in their policy that makes something like this against the rules if they say that challenge them on it.
3. Best buy usually doesn't carry the high end cards. They may never have a 4870 in the store, as most retail shoppers dont buy them. Perhaps with the demise of Comp USA that might change but this is what I've noticed thus far

i bought my 8800gt online and returned/rebought it instore to price adjust w/ a rebate i had and the 10% coupon.

it should work. but ymmv

i bought my 8800gt online and returned/rebought it instore to price adjust w/ a rebate i had and the 10% coupon.

it should work. but ymmv

Exactly and great post bro But be careful SX2233 may call you a Troll!!! LOL :D

it should work. but ymmv

That's because the 8800GT is sold in most, if not all stores. Regardless of current stock.

That's because the 8800GT is sold in most, if not all stores. Regardless of current stock.

well it is ymmv and you can always try it, and if it doesn't work, you can return it back to the store after using it for a little while, so what is there to lose besides a few bucks of gas and asking a few questions?

The 4870 is now being stocked at stores. Slowly but surely. There are 3 out of the 6 closest stores to my zip code that show the 4870 in stock.

Too bad it wasn't last weekend when I had the reward zone mailed out coupons...now I have to see if there is a current internet one available.

Back