4850 Question -heat or Something Else?

Spaxspore

Gawd
Well my setup was fine except now i sometimes get a micro stutter ,with fraps on its show it going from 91fps to 40-50 very fast so fast you cant see the 2nd number and it results into jerky gameplay. Then it stabilizes and goes back to 91, this takes about 10-20seconds on COd4 once every 5-10min.

Which i didnt have on the stock coolers @ 60% fan speed. But ive played some other games with no problems... GPU-Z gives me like 4 different temps from GPU TEMP 1-3 on one GPU... the most temp is 50-60c but gpu # 2 got as high as 70c. But still that should be cool enough right..

BTW am running S1s in passive on a xfired setup both GPUs running in the low-mid 40c on idle. Its also in a Antec 900 case with great air flow.

s4.png

EDIT- Played Titan Quest, the movies seem to play back a little stutter., like its missing a frame after one frame, audio is fine just the video seems like it has a slight stutter.

In game, it runs fine no lag 60fps maxed out... am so confused.. would heat cause this problem or is it a driver (nothing has changed always ran hotfix drivers so far). What gets me COD4 was perfectly fine before i put on my s1s.

If the ram sink isnt 100% on one of the chips would that cause a stutter

Picture059_resize.jpg

due to the heatpipes its VERY difficult to keep the last ram sink square.

Ok i used another utility called AMD GPU clock tool, it has actually some description for each sensor. Unfortunately i don't know what it means... here is the screenie

the temp sensor descriptions are on the bottom left

gpu-1.jpg

UPDATE-

When i got home from work today, i tried some things on one of the gpu (the one with the crooked heat sink on the heat pipe) i took the cooler off redid the heatsink so the pipe would'nt get in the way. I connected only 1 crossfire connector.

The result, i played cod4 online for 2hrs no stutter smooth as can be. Actually it ran smoother then when i had stock cooling and 2 connectors.

So it looks like i solved my own problem. Thanks for looking/reading.

Back