4850 CrossFIRE w/ S1 Questions!

Spaxspore

Gawd
First off this is the first time ive installed a 3rd party cooler to a video card.
So please bear with me

I got 2 power colors 4850 coming UPS today and i plan on crossfirein them on a GIGA-X38 mobo. My plan is to hopefully have Accelero S1 Coolers on both of them.

Here are my questions-

1. Will the crossfire connections connect with the S1

2. Is the stock cooler on the 4850 the same as the 3850, the reason being according to Acceleros website -http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=147&data=7&disc=

"Only remove 4 screws located at the center of the back side of the card. Keep the pre-installed RAM heatsink and Voltage regulator heatsink without remove them."

Thats the install tips for the 3850, so according to that i should keep the factory installed ram heatsink/voltage.

So if the 4850 has the same cooler i should keep the factory installed ram/vol heatsink correct.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you :)

The s1's mount exactly like the 3850 from what I heard and also in regards to CF, you'll have to bend a few fins.

And also you'll need some ram heatsinks and some PWM heatsinks

thanks for the help guys, any recommendations for heat sinks for the voltage reglators

am running the stock coolers with xml workaround fans @ 60% before i did the workaround idlein in windows @ 80-82c now its down to 51-53c

Back