4770k for $199.99 AT MC, 3 days only

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
I got this in my e-mail.

I'm not a fan of the k(rippled) processors but I know a lot of you are.

I really wish they'd do this on the i7-4770 non-k, ah well...enjoy!

EDIT: The website is now showing the correct price!

583369_425470processorBANNER4.jpg

4770k @ $199.99 SOCKET 1150 -
6 price match at NCIX denied (mobusta1, ssnyder28, justintoxicated, drklu, RX3, BinaryApe)
2 price match at staples worked. (AlexJann23, vroom_skies) $20 off $100 also worked!! (AlexJann23)

3570k @ $149.99 SOCKET 1155 -
1 price match at NCIX declined (maranello)
1 price match at staples worked (vroom_skies)

EDIT: Motherboard discount seems active as well!!!
EDIT: Free Final Fantasy XIV! Please ask MC associate when purchasing. You should get a card with a redemption code. (KLUDEN,Robstarusa)

Last edited:
Damn, I bought one like 2 months ago for $280 there. I placed an order for in store pick up this morning when I got the email in case my brother wants to upgrade.

Already got the pickup email, Ill get it after class today.

[expletive]
*amazement*
I guess that shows how hard a sell Haswell is sometimes. People no likey.
How I wish Microcenter would come to my city, let alone my local strip mall.

have put the upgrade on hold..but this may unfreeze that hold ;p wonder if you can still talk them into the mobo combo discount as well...

[expletive]
*amazement*
I guess that shows how hard a sell Haswell is sometimes. People no likey.
How I wish Microcenter would come to my city, let alone my local strip mall.

Yeah I think it's the fact that OC'ing is harder (not as high ocs) on haswell, no? I don't really know as I have the 4570 stock due to featureset.

Yeah I think it's the fact that OC'ing is harder (not as high ocs) on haswell, no? I don't really know as I have the 4570 stock due to featureset.

Probably a combination of the small performance increase, lower OC, and higher heat.

they should open one up in NH and I would probably make the drive. But having to drive 3 hours each and having to pay tax to get a MC kills it. Waiting for retail edge like a boss.

I haven't gotten the email and the prices on the website for my "local" store haven't changed. I don't know if I want to drive an hour both ways to find out if the deal is live yet or not.

Or I guess I could call after work.

Last edited:
Saw this deal and was about to post, great deal for sure. I've been running a 4770K since launch and it's a great chip, runs a bit hot sure, but will still get you in that 4.2-4.3 range easily. Biggest benefits are the Z87 platform, 6xSATA3/6G ports is a godsend for anyone with multiple SSDs.

Anyone know if you can stack the $40 mobo combo on top? May have to look into updating my wife's X58 rig, that's an easy 100-150W less heat in the office.

Frick.... I'm looking to upgrade from my old x58 i7 920 system. There is no MC near me, but I may be able to get Fry's to price match if it's on their website.

I was going to wait until next year when the new DDR4 memory becomes mainstream (yes, i know I won't see any benefit, but I'd like to future proof it as much as possible). I may need to stop at Fry's on my way home and start this new build up....

Bummer.

My local mc in Tustin California is not participating in this deal.

I currently have a i7 920 D0 oc'ed to 3.9ghz, it works fine but I have had it for a few years now and still on the x58 so no USB 3.0 or Sata 6gb/s...

I am 10min from a microcenter, tax brings it to about $215, still much cheaper than any site right now. Also, combo deals work with this saving you $30 if you pair with a motherboard.

Is it worth it for me to upgrade now or wait till the 2014 flavor?

Wow nice price!

Edit: ordered one for pick-up, my current 4770K is a poor performer maxing out at 4.3GHz.

I just bought a 4570 for $159 at TD price-matched to MC. I wonder if they'll do this has well. Might be good as a second box...

I currently have a i7 920 D0 oc'ed to 3.9ghz, it works fine but I have had it for a few years now and still on the x58 so no USB 3.0 or Sata 6gb/s...

I am 10min from a microcenter, tax brings it to about $215, still much cheaper than any site right now. Also, combo deals work with this saving you $30 if you pair with a motherboard.

Is it worth it for me to upgrade now or wait till the 2014 flavor?

I'm in the same boat. Would it be worth upgrading from a i7 920?

If you enjoy overclocking, then no. Haswell overclocks like crap (statistically). If you just want a platform refresh, then the combo prices at MC are not bad. You would get USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/sec, etc. without the need for added chipsets on the mobo. Haswell does overclock RAM very easily from my experience.

If you enjoy overclocking, then no. Haswell overclocks like crap (statistically). If you just want a platform refresh, then the combo prices at MC are not bad. You would get USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/sec, etc. without the need for added chipsets on the mobo. Haswell does overclock RAM very easily from my experience.

Yeah I always overclock. My 920 still rocks out and runs all the latest games, it's just a tad slow when doing video conversion when i stream gaming.

I will probably hold out and pray my 920 keeps ticking till the next Intel refresh.

Thanks for the info!

What are you mainly using your PC for, and what GPUs are you running? As Ultra Wide mentioned, the platform benefits are a key reason to upgrade for SATA3/6G and USB3.0, but clock for clock Haswell is maybe 30-40% faster than Nehalem too. Haswell/Z87 also uses significantly less power, I'd say at least 100W less, possibly more if you were heavily OC'ing your X58 board/CPU.

Personally I found it to be a pretty big upgrade in games, especially if you run newer GPUs or SLI and the benefits of being able to run multiple SSDs in RAID0 with SATA6G speed has been a big boost as well.

Thanks for the help. Just burns knowing that i paid the same amt for my 4670k.

I did too. Going to throw my 4670k on eBay and snag this. Better resale value in the future + better multitasking and a couple FPS boost is enough for me to take the plunge.

What are you mainly using your PC for, and what GPUs are you running? As Ultra Wide mentioned, the platform benefits are a key reason to upgrade for SATA3/6G and USB3.0, but clock for clock Haswell is maybe 30-40% faster than Nehalem too. Haswell/Z87 also uses significantly less power, I'd say at least 100W less, possibly more if you were heavily OC'ing your X58 board/CPU.

Personally I found it to be a pretty big upgrade in games, especially if you run newer GPUs or SLI and the benefits of being able to run multiple SSDs in RAID0 with SATA6G speed has been a big boost as well.

I'll be gaming on it at 1080p (until I can get 120Hz w/lightboost on something bigger). I have my i7 920 OCd to 3.8 at the moment, which is a heavy OC when considering the stock speed. I know people go way higher though. I'm currently running a GTX670, however will most likely upgrade my GPU when I end up upgrading, and at this price it's really tempting. I was going to wait until next year even though I most likely won't see any noticeable improvement compared to what's available now. Can't hurt to future proof as much as possible in my opinion.

Thanks for the input.

Gave in and ordered. Will miss my amd :( it worked with combo mobo discount so couldn't pass up. 4770k and extreme 4 for $308 out the door. Sick.

Last edited:
Wish there were more microcenters around, or at least make the deal available online.

Back