460GTX WHDI - who likes this?

Trimlock

[H]F Junkie
Who else likes this? the price is a little high for the performance of the card itself but I can totally justify the price with the quality of the product and what it will give you as far as wireless options are concerned.

I'm a bit of a HTPC nut, I love my low end HTPC but if this can give me a wireless HTPC with the power of a full gaming PC to my HDTV while keeping the noise in another room, I think I'm sold!

Search is your friend : http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576802

And on the [H] front page news : http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/01/21/galaxy_geforce_gtx_460_1gb_whdi_edition

Its still far cheaper to just get a thicker gauge HDMI cable and just run it (hit up monoprice). At the current price point I wouldn't buy it , It would be smarter to buy the various WHDI stand alone transmitter receivers since you can use that with different cards but it seems that those solutions introduce a small amount of input latency ( 1ms for the Galaxy card versus 4ms for the stand alone products that you can buy). This isn't a huge amount of latency but if your monitor or TV is just below the acceptable line any extra input latency could be a bad thing.

I think if they lower the cost 100 bucks and put it on a much higher end card it would appeal to a greater audience. As a HTPC card a GTX 460 is overkill as all you need is the decoding duties of the card.

Last edited:

Cool thanks, search wasn't working last night and steve didn't place a post for this thread in the news section either, I posted this as a result of waiting for it and never getting it.

Godmachine said:
I think if they lower the cost 100 bucks and put it on a much higher end card it would appeal to a greater audience. As a HTPC card a GTX 460 is overkill as all you need is the decoding duties of the card.

depends, if you are combining both machines effectively you don't need to have a gaming AND HTPC. Since my gaming pc is roughly 20 feet, 2 walls w/ stairs in between running a really long HDMI isn't going to be effective for me.

Back