450D Update, Refund Received

gizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
Updates from thread here.

Refund from bluesun311 received last night after several messages exchanged with the utmost civility. Told the user I would take a few photos of the unboxing for entertainment's sake and post them up.

User commented that USPS gave the go ahead to do whatever with the case after seeing photos that had been sent. Proceeded to tell me to do with the case what I wanted, and recommended I salvage what I could from the case. I started to remove the case from the box, then confirmed with seller that USPS said no more evidence needed as I really was going to have to cut open the box to get the case out.

I thought I may be able to cut the motherboard tray out and use it as a tech bench of sorts.

Darn, nope - it was the motherboard side that was crushed.

And the windowed side as well.

Maybe some fans? Nope, USPS even managed to break plastic frames. At this point, I think the only possibility is that they actually ran a forklift through the box. I did manage to salvage one piece...

Seriously USPS...what did you do? Taken from Corsair's website,

Obsidian Series 450D has an elegant brushed aluminum front panel and a solid steel body...

This isn't an Inwin where you may expect a tab or two to snap. It's not an aluminum body that may get a roll or two in the metal from bumps and bruises. It's a steel case, packed in a styrofoam outer, enclosed in a cardboard box, and this is how it arrives.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it worked out, hopefully if Bluesun was having any homelife issues that contributed to the unpleasantness of the situation, they're sorted out now.

Best of luck to both you guys going forward.

You know I was considering ordering a 16 gallon glass Nano Aquarium. Most likely would be delivered via UPS. Having second thoughts. :)

Wow... that case got seriously f*cked.

I do hope that when you wrote "several messages exchanged with the utmost civility" that you were not being sarcastic. Pardon my doubt, but that would be a welcome change on the part of bluesun311...

TBH, I might be able to salvage the fans... it's amazing what you can do with superglue and delicately applied electrical tape.

But I have no money for you to send me the busted fans :(

Wow... that case got seriously f*cked.

I do hope that when you wrote "several messages exchanged with the utmost civility" that you were not being sarcastic. Pardon my doubt, but that would be a welcome change on the part of bluesun311...

Not sarcastic at all. Refund received, several [polite] comments made about the last 96 hours, Heatware changed, etc.

Awesome! I'm glad things were worked out much more nicely than they started...

I don't know if it's anything meaningful but I actually have a spare case I could send you... it's a bit of a scratch&dent but nothing like what you just received. mATX mini tower. Trouble is, I've never shipped a bare case and I do not have the original packaging... if you can tell me how to send it, it's yours for shipping. I like to help out people in need ;)

Dude, I think they dropped this case from the cargo plane by accident. LOL I see damaged items, but this is a new level of damaged!!!!

Awesome! I'm glad things were worked out much more nicely than they started...

I don't know if it's anything meaningful but I actually have a spare case I could send you... it's a bit of a scratch&dent but nothing like what you just received. mATX mini tower. Trouble is, I've never shipped a bare case and I do not have the original packaging... if you can tell me how to send it, it's yours for shipping. I like to help out people in need ;)

Nah, no need per se. Have awkward, oversized, dangerous to my son tech bench as it is (i.e. top of bookshelf).

If anything, this has prompted me to get out of hoarding parts and just pick up a laptop. Have three or four systems I need to break down and get out the door. Will still need to figure out where to go from there.

Certainly appreciate the sentiment though!

i'd try to mount an ITX mobo in there somewhere and call it a crash test PC. ;)

Back