$45 Tiger Crucial m500 ssd 120gb =$75-$30MIR

Wow! Got one. Thanks OP.

Glad I signed up for the rebate right away. Sounds like that has been pulled.

Last edited:
For some strange reason the credit card checkout wouldn't work for me, so I used paypal.

I tried in IE and chrome.

I couldn't get it to stay in my cart.

I hope you guys get your rebate, because it got taken down.

I submitted my rebate before they took it down and got the confirmation email for registering.

Yup, Normally I avoid TigerDirect like the plague, specifically for the rebate games they play, but that was too good to pass up.

Yup, Normally I avoid TigerDirect like the plague, specifically for the rebate games they play, but that was too good to pass up.

Thanks. I'm interested, because while I've had pretty good experiences with TigerDirect, I've been hearing about some shady practices lately. Depending on how this turns out, I'll definitely take it into consideration when jumping on a deal from them.

Someone just posted this on SD.

Well this isn't looking good for me. Earlier I was able to track my rebate on the site, now it apparently doesn't exist. Might have to cancel this order.

Edit:

That same person just updated with the following. Also, some people are saying that this same situation happened before, and people who rode it out did just fine.

Well I was able to track it again. I'll probably just stick to it and see how it goes. This will be my first rebate and order from their online store since I'm in FL and get taxed. Still a great deal after tax.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm interested, because while I've had pretty good experiences with TigerDirect, I've been hearing about some shady practices lately. Depending on how this turns out, I'll definitely take it into consideration when jumping on a deal from them.

Someone just posted this on SD.

My rebate status shows up correctly.

TD-13146 Special Mail-in Rebate Print Form 2/5/2014
Amount Mail Documentation By Requested Payment Type Tracking Number
$60.00 4/6/2014 Amex® Reward Card 158217111xxxxxxx
Claim Status History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Status Comments
2/5/2014 9:56:18 AM Claim Created
2/5/2014 9:57:10 AM Claim Completed, Awaiting Receipt of Documentation

Yup, lots of talk over at SD about TD and/or rebate company playing some shenanigans over this. Sounds like a big YMMV on the rebate. Those who actually get the rebate(s), good on ya!

Was the rebate EVER posted on TD? From the sounds of it, the answer is "No".

I'm guessing that TD never published the rebate, someone searched found the rebate offer on the rebate site, decided to publish the information before it was even officially offered, and TD pulled the plug.

Like it or not, at this point TD isn't in the wrong because TD never made the offer in the first place.

Here's the crux of the matter: if the rebate company doesn't get paid (by TD marketing or the Manufacturer), then the rebate won't be honored.

Ok, you missed the deal. We get it.

I have completed my rebate submission and according to the terms of the rebate, it is 100% valid. Just because you missed the deal doesn't mean you need to keep trolling so you don't feel left out.
:D
Just for kicks, I'm going to leave my thread open and I will report back when I receive the Amex rebate card for $60.

I'm very happy that I ordered 2 drives and submitted the rebate. 120GB m500 for $45 each is a screaming deal!

If you want to get another 120gb ssd you can get this one for $35 after jumping through some hoops
http://slickdeals.net/f/6681472-kin...sd-34-99-ar-fs-total-defense-bundle-at-newegg

Last edited:
Wow, TD already posted a UPS tracking number!

I've never had any problems with TD rebates in the past, usually they're very fast.

Wow, TD already posted a UPS tracking number!

I've never had any problems with TD rebates in the past, usually they're very fast.

I had a TD rebate (through 4myrebate) for a Samsung 830 SSD that I received 17 working days after I put it in the mail. I've never had one processed so quickly.

My claim has been received and is in process! $27 for the no-wait rebate. I will end up getting this drive for < $50, and it scores 7.9 on Windows 7 WEI hooked to SATA III.

My claim has been received and is in process! $27 for the no-wait rebate. I will end up getting this drive for < $50, and it scores 7.9 on Windows 7 WEI hooked to SATA III.

Nice! That's a steal.

my rebate has been approved. From experience, I usually receive the rebate card within 2-3 weeks of getting the email.

The only reason I'm posting a follow-up is because of the nay-sayers and skeptics.

I have submitted and received over a dozen rebates in the last year, and they have all processed quickly without problems. I really like TD rebates now.
approved.png

Back