4400+ X2 hit a wall

Homer

Limp Gawd
I had my 4400 running at 2.6ghz stable. Once I bumped it up a few more mhz I got errors in prime 95, I started taking it down but it was too late. Windows then crashed. My ram is pc-4000 and I only had it running around 200 some mhz, so that wasnt the problem. I had 2.8 volts in it. I'm thinking it was a voltage problem, not having enough in the cpu. I had it at 1.36v. The load temps however were only around 44*c. I'm also possibly thinking it could have been a pwmic heat issue (thats been running load around 53*c.). Any advice? Should I call it good as close as I can get the cpu on these settings? what could be the road block I hit, and how should I fix it. I'm looking into watercooling as I type this, which would always help. This is on stock cooling right now btw.

by the way, how do you like your 4400? i have one on the way and was curious. is it as great as i have read?? please share!

To tell you the truth, its amazing. I went from using an athlon xp 2400+ to the athlon 64 x2 4400, and the difference is just mind blowing. For one, the 4400 is the best value of the X2's IMO because it has 1mb lvl2 cache on each core, and its 2.2ghz. Plus, this processor is great for overclocking if your into that. I had mine stable at 2.6ghz on stock air cooling. Having dual cores is also amazing, because you can be running a game or something, and you will have infinate room because it will only use around 50% of the cpu, and where it gets really intensive it may use 65% of it, but still it gives you so much room for performance. Any questions about it, let me know.

Homer said:
To tell you the truth, its amazing. I went from using an athlon xp 2400+ to the athlon 64 x2 4400, and the difference is just mind blowing. For one, the 4400 is the best value of the X2's IMO because it has 1mb lvl2 cache on each core, and its 2.2ghz. Plus, this processor is great for overclocking if your into that. I had mine stable at 2.6ghz on stock air cooling. Having dual cores is also amazing, because you can be running a game or something, and you will have infinate room because it will only use around 50% of the cpu, and where it gets really intensive it may use 65% of it, but still it gives you so much room for performance. Any questions about it, let me know.
I have a question, can you order another one and have it shipped to me? My motherboard is over its love affair with the lowly venice 3000+ and needs some dual core action.

I would like to know you full systems specs and any other information you care to share also. You are holding alot of people's dream computers.

Do you play bf2?

fuck yeah I play bf2, 1280x1024 highest settings you can turn on, all aa, etc. :) running like 80 fps, btw is there a way to check the fps in bf2?

can't wait for TOMORROW! my dream rig parts will arrive then im off to the races....errr BF2!

Athlon 64 X2 4400
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
BFG 7800GTX
Crucial Ballistix 2 GIGs PC4000
WD Raptor 74 Gb
WD Cavier 200Gb SATA II Storage
Zalman 7700Cu
Plextor SATA DVD Burner +/-R
Silverstone ZEUS 650 Watt PSU
ThermalTake Shark Case
as soon as i can come up with the funds you know i am going to get another 7800!!!
going to O/C the 4400 upto 2.6 hopefully. the Zalman should take me there. if not, well there goes another $200 for water cooling! WOOT!

if you want to check the FPS try FRAPS. should work in BF2. any hints on O/C the 4400 please don't hesitate to post them!!

hell yeah a zalman will get you stable at 2.6, if I can get mine to that with stock (assuming you will have the same stepping and week). Nice rig.

IT'S HERE!!!! WOOT!! ok, im on the MOFO!
going to start assembling it right now. that zalman is one HEAVY heatsink! that thing doesn't play around! ok, nuff said, ill post when i get it up and running!

jervonics said:
IT'S HERE!!!! WOOT!! ok, im on the MOFO!
going to start assembling it right now. that zalman is one HEAVY heatsink! that thing doesn't play around! ok, nuff said, ill post when i get it up and running!
I'm surprised you posted at all.. I would have waited at least untill it was installing the OS to post.

to display fps in bf2 its "renderer.drawfps 1" no qoutes , in console of course.

Back