44% of Twitter Accounts Have Never Sent a Tweet

Surprise, some people signup to just read tweets and stay updated on shit they care about.

I wonder how many forum users are registered here that have not posted a single thing. hmm...

56% of twitter accounts have sent a tweet but never should have.

I'm one of those people. I only set up a twitter account so that no one gets name. Thank you.

I entered a competition that depended upon having a Twitter account, so I created one. I never used it.

I post shit all the time. What I'm eating, what my poop looks like, what the airport smells like, things like that. Or, is that what I've been reading lately? I would say 5% of what I read on Twitter is relevant, even from those that I follow for news and relevant updates. I wish I could find Sculelos on Twitter. Then, it'd be worth it every day.

I auto post news from my website, as well as small snips and things when I find something cool without wanting to dedicate a whole post to it.

I just don't understand sharing stuff on social media period. If something is truly worth broadcasting, it's probably better left discussed in person.

I registered solely for the ability to post those short eBay listing links from my iphone

I just don't understand sharing stuff on social media period. If something is truly worth broadcasting, it's probably better left discussed in person.

Yet you post things on a social forum known as Hard|Forum... So, what you post here is not truly worth broadcasting and is worthless? :)

I get your point. But, for some - distance is an issue. Also, some people I've met online and only get to meet annually. In a time when you can get information at the speed of ... well, sub 100ms, those annual meetings just aren't that huge.

That percentage would probably be higher if you also included accounts that never sent a tweet, were completely forgotten about, and were later hijacked and used for spam, which is what happened to my twitter account that I never used

Holy shit, it's like a Most Pretentious Dickwad contest in here.

Look, guys, we get it, it's the hip and in thing to hate social media among the Slashdot kids, but that doesn't mean you need to wave your dicks around about it. I promise you, nobody gives a fuck.

I've been thinking about using twitter as a news aggregator so I finally signed up and have trillian handling it. I've added a few news orgs and will add some tech news orgs as I go along.

It's convenient and unobstrusive, kind of like a push RSS with a small window popping up for a few second s as something comes in, then auto-hiding.

Holy shit, it's like a Most Pretentious Dickwad contest in here.

Look, guys, we get it, it's the hip and in thing to hate social media among the Slashdot kids, but that doesn't mean you need to wave your dicks around about it. I promise you, nobody gives a fuck.

...this isn't slashdot...

Coulda fooled me, with the way you people behave sometimes.

At one point this forum was much crazier than Slashdot, I think a lot of us have gotten old. Not real old, but internet old. Old enough to know better.

I have a twitter account but I don't think I've ever posted, maybe once in reply to someone else's tweet.

If I do have something to say, I'd probably just post it on facebook, but I rarely post there either.

Back