43inch TV/Monitor 4k people...what scaling do you use?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 43 inch QN90B Samsung TV as my pc monitor. I run it at 100% scaling. Looks fine to me. Not to small and everything is crisp. What do you guys run your 43 incher at? Scaling wise?

I have switched from 100% to 125% because of the distance I sit at and to get a little more text AA which I personally like. I did run at 100% for a long time and that was fine too.

I sit about 30" away from a 40" LG C2. I suppose I'm a bit of an oddball. I wouldn't tolerate anything but 100%...100% is the point! I want the UI real estate!
I do end up centering a lot of windows if I'm reading or what not, and it can be annoying for something to be in the corners. But playing a game full screen is so immersive! People seem to like doing the 32" 4K size but I'm so fond of this setup.

Question, when you use windows scaling, does that scaling automatically transfer to games in full screen mode?

So which is it. it does scale in games or does not?
You may conduct the test yourself. I tested the windows scaling several years ago in one of the far cry games. While it may not be obvious at first, the scaling definitely transfered into the game. Thus I always set it to 100%.
Maybe the contemoprary windows learnt to separate the different scalings, only practical tets will show. Personally, I beleive nothing has changed since last I checked it.

You may conduct the test yourself. I tested the windows scaling several years ago in one of the far cry games. While it may not be obvious at first, the scaling definitely transfered into the game. Thus I always set it to 100%.
Maybe the contemoprary windows learnt to separate the different scalings, only practical tets will show. Personally, I beleive nothing has changed since last I checked it.
That would be very much an outlier. I have been running some DPI scaling for years and never has it had any effect on games.

Back