4350 Possible to use 3 monitors

oplin

Gawd
I tried googling and came up dry, but was wondering can you use 3 monitors on this video card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125251

It has vga, dvi and hdmi out, was hoping to use all 3 outputs to hook up 3 monitors, i know with older s-video out that worked but guessing cause the tv chip itself controlled the output, and with these the gpu does all the work, so only 2 can be enabled at once. If anyone knows of a hack or anything to get this to work that would be great, just being used for 2d stuff, office use, doesn't take much power at all to do. resolutions are 1920x1080 and 2 1280x1024, the 1080 one has hdmi input on it.

I believe you can use vga and dvi or hdmi, not dvi and hdmi at the same time.

No.

ATI / nVidia cards can only drive two monitors each. If you want to drive a 3rd monitor you will need to install another card.

WinXP let's you mix match ATI with nVidia. Vista / Win 7 does not, both must be ATI or nVidia.

Thought so, that sucks a bag of... stupid dell work computer only has 1 pcie slot, it has onboard video and pci slots. I don't think the onboard intel video will work with the amd card, i have a nvidia pci 5 series card and 6 series pcie card i was using with x64 bit drivers but with sp2 on vista there is a bug in the nvidia drivers that causes crashes on these, some on wake command or what not going to go back to that, i think it's the pcie sleep thing on the comptuer doing it.

ATI / nVidia cards can only drive two monitors each. If you want to drive a 3rd monitor you will need to install another card.
If I remember correctly, the GTX295 can drive 3 monitors with its GPU's taken out of SLI mode.

Back