43" Odyssey G7 mini LED 144hz

Of all the things that Samsung makes curved, they then make this flat. Come on!

Also why only HDR600? You'd think this could do HDR1000 better than the Neo G8 thanks to the larger screen.

Is this just some leftover TV panel again?

Reading the press release, this is basically a "smart TV functionality" upgrade for the G70A models and now they just make it in more sizes. The G70A is awful at HDR so at least this is a better in that regard.

I still don't see a whole lot of reason to get this over the LG C2 especially if it turns out to be a BGR pixel structure TV panel. Might be an alright 4K large panel for those who don't mind VA viewing angles and want to avoid OLED burn in possibility etc.

Disappointed at the HDR performance but the Mini-LED backlight will produce a better picture than the FV43U and the CG437K with the advantage of having a DP port over the QN series. But otherwise the QN90B will probably work as well for less, especially once the price start dropping after the 2023 replacement model start shipping.

This will be a nice alternative to those allergic to OLED. Let's hope its not using the atrociously slow VA panels from the TV's.

Also why only HDR600? You'd think this could do HDR1000 better than the Neo G8 thanks to the larger screen.

That's a VESA DisplayHDR 600 equivalent to VDE HDR 2000 or whatever.
You can see Samsung Display's attempt to get into the supply chain ecosystem. That won't happen.

You can see Samsung Display's attempt to get into the supply chain ecosystem. That won't happen.
Hmm as we all know I hope there is no HDR 2000 cert. From what I just looked into...I would never get it. It had problems from the start.

Another 43" VA monitor... my trust in it not having the pixel bleeding is rock bottom at this point.

Every time I see a new one announced I hope they've moved on from the flawed generation of panels and they never do.

Very curious about the full specs and performance of this panel. We'll know soon enough.

Disappointed at the HDR performance but the Mini-LED backlight will produce a better picture than the FV43U and the CG437K with the advantage of having a DP port over the QN series. But otherwise the QN90B will probably work as well for less, especially once the price start dropping after the 2023 replacement model start shipping.
Yea there is no good enough reason I would even consider this over my QN90B but I'm interested in seeing how it performance for a being an "Odyssey G7" branded model. It would have to be a miracle of a display with incredible specs for me to even desire one but I highly doubt it's real world performance will have any meaningful difference versus the QN lineup of displays even if it's spec sheet looks better. Even then I wouldn't want to downsize to a 43 after being in love with the 50 for all these years haha.

That's interesting. I didn't know about the VDE HDR 2000 spec? What is that? Is there a difference in how display manufacturers are advertising the specs?

Another 43" VA monitor... my trust in it not having the pixel bleeding is rock bottom at this point.

Every time I see a new one announced I hope they've moved on from the flawed generation of panels and they never do.
Lol imagine it's the same AOE panel 🤣

Yea there is no good enough reason I would even consider this over my QN90B but I'm interested in seeing how it performance for a being an "Odyssey G7" branded model. It would have to be a miracle of a display with incredible specs for me to even desire one but I highly doubt it's real world performance will have any meaningful difference versus the QN lineup of displays even if it's spec sheet looks better. Even then I wouldn't want to downsize to a 43 after being in love with the 50 for all these years haha.

I may get one if I can get a press discount through my contact at Samsung and retire the CG437K at the office. Then I'll compare it to the 50QN90A.

Last edited:
I may get one if I can get a press discount through my contact at Samsung and retire the CG437K at the office. Then I'll compare it to the 50QN90A.
I can totally see it as an upgrade from the CG437K or FV43U. The Quantum Mini-LED is going to be a lot better than the Acer or Gigabyte which don't have HDR hardware. But I don't think It's going to be much better than the QN Quantum mini led displays. Better a bit maybe more dimming zones but not enough better to justify it. Let's see though I'm very interested to see the full spec sheet.

For perspective, the 28" G70A is a pretty good SDR gaming and work monitor. I paid 399 euros for mine on sale and at that price I can easily be ok with the crappiness of its HDR.

If the 43" manages to be even mediocre at HDR and otherwise performs "pretty well" without any major issues (weird panel issues, BGR subpixels etc) then it could be a decent buy for someone wanting a non-OLED large 4K display. But probably only around the end of the year when it goes on sale.

Overall the G70N lineup seems to be basically "take the G70A and slap some smart TV stuff into it, sell as a new model."

For perspective, the 28" G70A is a pretty good SDR gaming and work monitor. I paid 399 euros for mine on sale and at that price I can easily be ok with the crappiness of its HDR.

If the 43" manages to be even mediocre at HDR and otherwise performs "pretty well" without any major issues (weird panel issues, BGR subpixels etc) then it could be a decent buy for someone wanting a non-OLED large 4K display. But probably only around the end of the year when it goes on sale.

Overall the G70N lineup seems to be basically "take the G70A and slap some smart TV stuff into it, sell as a new model."
Is the g70a the 4k 144hz sammy without the mini led hardware? If so the 43" will be a massive upgrade if it has the quantum mini led hardware on it. Way more than just the smart tv stuff, the HDR is going to be in a whole different league. Not even comparable because one has HDR hardware, the other doesn't. Blacks look greyish on a non hdr monitor where they look pure black on samsungs quantum mini led displays. If i were you I would go for the 43 and keep the 28 as a side monitor. Although I still thing the big brother 50" QN90B is going be just as good in pretty much most or all aspects and the added size which for me is a plus for others might want the 43 which his the smallest I would go and the 50 being the max.

Is the g70a the 4k 144hz sammy without the mini led hardware? If so the 43" will be a massive upgrade if it has the quantum mini led hardware on it. Way more than just the smart tv stuff, the HDR is going to be in a whole different league. Not even comparable because one has HDR hardware, the other doesn't. Blacks look greyish on a non hdr monitor where they look pure black on samsungs quantum mini led displays. If i were you I would go for the 43 and keep the 28 as a side monitor. Although I still thing the big brother 50" QN90B is going be just as good in pretty much most or all aspects and the added size which for me is a plus for others might want the 43 which his the smallest I would go and the 50 being the max.
Yeah that's the G70A. Afaik the smaller models aren't getting any HDR capability. This bit from Samsung's press release:

Newly unveiled at Gamescom 2022 are the Odyssey G70B and G65B gaming monitors. These are the first models in the Odyssey lineup which have both Samsung’s Smart Platform and Samsung Gaming Hub embedded.

Both the G70B and G65B provide smart functionality, including the option to create a home office environment even without a PC. The monitors conveniently connect with various IT devices and services all from one screen for an ultra-efficient working environment. Users can wirelessly connect to a Windows or Mac PC, use Samsung DeX, mirror a smartphone screen onto the monitor using Apple AirPlay 2 as well as access Microsoft 365 cloud services. Users can also watch the latest shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime and other leading OTT (over-the-top) service providers.

In addition to the IoT functionality also available on the Odyssey Ark, the G70B and G65B are equipped with a high-sensitivity Far Field Voice microphone, allowing users to control the device with voice assistants such as Bixby and Amazon Alexa. The Always On Voice3 function allows users to interact with Bixby even when the monitor is turned off, while displaying conversation related information on the monitor’s screen.

The G70B is available in 28- and 32-inch sizes, offering a 144Hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time (GtG). These capabilities are packaged up in a UHD resolution, flat IPS display that is enhanced by NVIDIA’s G-SYNC Compatible and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro for smooth gameplay.

The G65B is offered in 27- and 32-inch size option and is equipped with a 240Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time (GtG). The QHD, 1000R curved display comes with FreeSync Premium Pro for a flawless gaming experience that will give any player a competitive edge.

Samsung Gaming Hub — available on both the G70B and G65B — allows instant access to top streaming services from partners such as Xbox, NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Google Stadia, Utomik and Amazon Luna (U.S. Only). Plus, users can access popular console and PC games to journey throughout the gaming universe, powered by Samsung’s advanced game streaming technology for smooth visuals and responsive gameplay. In addition to Samsung Gaming Hub, the two new Odyssey models offer Game Bar, a powerful tool enabling gamers to quickly and easily view the status of gaming settings and modify response time or screen ratio, as well as Game Picture mode, without ever needing to leave the game screen.

In true Samsung fashion, the G70NC slots into that same lineup with wholly different specs.

For the record the G70A does support HDR, but with a max brightness of 400 nits and something like 8 or 10 dimming zones it's obviously rubbish. I bought it mainly as a "wait for something better to come out" option.

43 + 28" would be way too much display for me. With two big Genelec studio monitor speakers on my desk it's a bit tricky to place things nicely side by side. Atm I use the 28" 4K as main display + 16" Macbook Pro + 12.9" iPad Pro stacked as side displays and that works well for me as a HiDPI multiscreen setup.

I'm hoping for a 40-43" curved 4K display to come out this year and if that's not an option, a 32" 4K 240 Hz would be something I would be interested in. Well see this week hopefully!

Well. Might need to give this a 2nd look. The 50" QN90A is just a bit too big at the home office and I got the FV43U back from the office and hooked up the GC437K at the office again and it started acting up on me, all of a sudden, I lost audio and the speakers are going pop, pop, pop. I restarted PC, turned it off and back on and it persisted unless I mute the speakers. I'm going to hook it up to my laptop and see if the problem is on the monitor and also try to unplug it and then plug it back in. If that does not work. I'll look at getting either a 43QN90B or the Neo G7 for home and move the FV back to the office and just put the 50" in the spare bedroom.

Last edited:
Well. Might need to give this a 2nd look. The 50" QN90A is just a bit bit at the home office and I got the FV43U back from the office and hooked up the GC437K at the office again and it started acting up on me, all of a sudden, I lost audio and the speakers are going pop, pop, pop. I restarted PC, turned it off and back on and it persisted unless I mute the speakers. I'm going to hook it up to my laptop and see if the problem is on the monitor and also try to unplug it and then plug it back in. If that does not work. I'll look at getting either a 43QN90B or the Neo G7 for home and move the FV back to the office and just put the 50" in the spare bedroom.
I wish I could go down to 43". Well... I wish the flaws with the 43" panels didn't bug me as much.

I can deal with 50, have been since giving up on the FV43U, but I'm holding out for a major panel revision before going back down. Size aside this QN94A is better in so many ways for my use than the 43"ers it isn't worth giving any of them a try until I'm certain the 43s are "fixed".

The FV has found a place in my music studio where I'm not so annoyed by pixel bleeding though so not all is lost there.

Well. Might need to give this a 2nd look. The 50" QN90A is just a bit too big at the home office and I got the FV43U back from the office and hooked up the GC437K at the office again and it started acting up on me, all of a sudden, I lost audio and the speakers are going pop, pop, pop. I restarted PC, turned it off and back on and it persisted unless I mute the speakers. I'm going to hook it up to my laptop and see if the problem is on the monitor and also try to unplug it and then plug it back in. If that does not work. I'll look at getting either a 43QN90B or the Neo G7 for home and move the FV back to the office and just put the 50" in the spare bedroom.
Let us know how the 43" QN90B or the 43" G7 is. They are the perfect size so I'm interested in seeing your perspective on it. Also interested in the difference between the two 43" sammy options. I know the 90B is brighter but the G7 is an actual monitor.

I wish I could go down to 43". Well... I wish the flaws with the 43" panels didn't bug me as much.

I can deal with 50, have been since giving up on the FV43U, but I'm holding out for a major panel revision before going back down. Size aside this QN94A is better in so many ways for my use than the 43"ers it isn't worth giving any of them a try until I'm certain the 43s are "fixed".

The FV has found a place in my music studio where I'm not so annoyed by pixel bleeding though so not all is lost there.
I feel the same way when you say I can deal with the 50". I wish it was a 48". For most people the 43" would be perfect.

I feel the same way when you say I can deal with the 50". I wish it was a 48". For most people the 43" would be perfect.
I'm juuuust a bit close to the screen (no choice) for 50" to be sensible but I can deal. It's immersive for sure!

43" was more practical but I'm not going back to the headache that is the pixel bleeding, making text look dreadful at the top of the screen and playing havoc with my workflow.

I'm going to rearrange my home office desk so that I can sit the 50" another 12" back but that would means that I may have to get new computer glasses as it would be about 40" away and my current glasses are set for about 30"

Look what the cat dragged in 😀

IMG_3865.jpg

Wait! I don't have a cat 😂. Need to get a TV stand as the included one is blocking the center channel speaker, give me a couple days and I'll report back

Look what the cat dragged in 😀

View attachment 572613

Wait! I don't have a cat 😂. Need to get a TV stand as the included one is blocking the center channel speaker, give me a couple days and I'll report back
I've been using the same TV for about 7-8 months. It's not perfect, but does a good job as a gaming and productivity monitor. I ruined my first OLED by running it too bright with static images. Still not ready to jump back on the OLED train.

I've been using the same TV for about 7-8 months. It's not perfect, but does a good job as a gaming and productivity monitor. I ruined my first OLED by running it too bright with static images. Still not ready to jump back on the OLED train.
Yea, I tried my 50" QN90A but since it sits further away, I'll have to get new computer glasses so I just grab this and put the 50" back into the spare bedroom.

It's 699 right now

Limited-time deal: SAMSUNG 43-Inch Odyssey Neo G7 Series 4K UHD Smart Gaming Monitor, 144Hz, 1ms, VESA Display HDR600, Quantum Matrix Technology, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, LS43CG702NNXZA, 2023 https://a.co/d/86n7nCy

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh sweet you're gonna love it.
Damn. This thing is good! now my biggest problem is finding an excuse to replace the Q90T in the living room. :p. Most of you that came from the Aorus FV43U thread may remember this demo. It's the best video that would let you see the amount of black crush on your monitor/TV. Good as the FV43U and CG437K were when 43" HDR 1000 120hz+ monitor first became available. This demo will still shows a lot of black crush on the horse. With the QN90B, there is no noticeable black crush at all and the rest of the colors are more vibrant and text clarity is actually better than the CG437K and FV43U and very even from the top of the screen to the bottom.

IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3874.jpg
IMG_3875.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg

VESA Display HDR600....
Yep.Thats the disappointing aspect of this monitor. Should have been HDR 1000. I almost swapped out my FV43U for it, but that stopped me in my tracks

Yep.Thats the disappointing aspect of this monitor. Should have been HDR 1000. I almost swapped out my FV43U for it, but that stopped me in my tracks
Swap for the QN90B and the only diff is you only get 120hz but the colors and text clarity is so much better and you can get a open box or slightly damaged outer box one from Amazon with full warranty for $850.

Swap for the QN90B and the only diff is you only get 120hz but the colors and text clarity is so much better and you can get a open box or slightly damaged outer box one from Amazon with full warranty for $850.
Interesting, as these are technically the same (always flawed) panel. It's a real shame but I've not yet seen reports of a properly fixed 43".

I don't blame the OEMs. AUO needs to sort their tech out.

I'm juuuust a bit close to the screen (no choice) for 50" to be sensible but I can deal. It's immersive for sure!

43" was more practical but I'm not going back to the headache that is the pixel bleeding, making text look dreadful at the top of the screen and playing havoc with my workflow.
Are you working with colored text, I'm now running my 43" QN90B at 100% font and I work with excel all the time and I don't see any difference between text from the top of the screen to the bottom as seen in this video

Are you working with colored text, I'm now running my 43" QN90B at 100% font and I work with excel all the time and I don't see any difference between text from the top of the screen to the bottom as seen in this video

Are you sure? The video shows the text at the top of the screen super fuzzy, whereas the bottom of the screen in quite clear.
Is this an imaging artifact from your recorder or is this what your eyes see in practice?

Are you sure? The video shows the text at the top of the screen super fuzzy, whereas the bottom of the screen in quite clear.
Is this an imaging artifact from your recorder or is this what your eyes see in practice?
Shooting a moving video at a TV screen up close will sometimes fail to focus. Here's a couple pictures which probably do a better job.

IMG_3892.jpg
IMG_3893.jpg

Still have some artifacts but at my general seating distance of about 30" It looks clear enough to work with. Also, I still playing with the setting on the TV while running windows setting with HDR on so I may need to tweak it further. Anyone else using a QN90B please chime in with you settings. Thanks.

Last edited:

There are reviews of the QN90B out there that prove the pixel row bleeding is still a thing. Your video isn't close or sharp enough to see it unfortunately. I could probably get a similar result filming the same spreadsheet with my phone on the FV43U.

It's just one of those things many people can live with (or can't see) while it annoys me endlessly. These panels should be able to display the signal they are fed perfectly. Precisely none of these 43"ers can do so.

Edit: Before anyone says something along the lines of "these screens aren't marketed towards professional use" (seriously?) please stop defending an obvious flaw in the product. If some can live with said flaw, great. But it needs fixing, badly.

Last edited:
Back