43" Odyssey G7 mini LED 144hz

There are reviews of the QN90B out there that prove the pixel row bleeding is still a thing. Your video isn't close or sharp enough to see it unfortunately. I could probably get a similar result filming the same spreadsheet with my phone on the FV43U.

It's just one of those things many people can live with (or can't see) while it annoys me endlessly. These panels should be able to display the signal they are fed perfectly. Precisely none of these 43"ers can do so.

Edit: Before anyone says something along the lines of "these screens aren't marketed towards professional use" (seriously?) please stop defending an obvious flaw in the product. If some can live with said flaw, great. But it needs fixing, badly.

The problem is that the "flaw" is not affecting most user (not that it's not a valid concern). Another problem is that the flaw in panel may not be process related but inherit in the equipment being used so unless and until they replace the manufacturing equipment, it will be in all future panels. That's said, my settings were still off when I took the vid and pics. I assumed that since my AVR-X2700H correctly identified my RTX-4090 on the 8K input, The TV should see it as a PC input but it did not, It correctly shows the AVR-X2700H on HMDI 3 input but there were instances of weird color shift or artifact on certain window text. Finally went and edited the input to PC and all those problem went away and text clarity have improved once more.

IMG_3895.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is that the "flaw" is not affecting most user (not that it's not a valid concern). Another problem is that the flaw in panel may not be process related but inherit in the equipment being used so unless and until they replace the manufacturing equipment, it will be in all future panels. That's said, my settings were still off when I took the vid and pics. I assumed that since my AVR-X2700H correctly identified my RTX-4090 on the 8K input, The TV should see it as a PC input but it did not, It correctly shows the AVR-X2700H on HMDI 3 input but there were instances of weird color shift or artifact on certain window text. Finally went and edited the input to PC and all those problem went away and text clarity have improved once more.

View attachment 573339
Very frustrating.
I'm no display guru, I just want to buy something that works OK when plugged in.
It would be nice not to have to mess with menu settings that I don't really understand in the hopes of improving the picture I see.
I don't game much, just want a reasonable color representation on images and clear text on spreadsheets and letters.
Is that asking too much?

Interesting, as these are technically the same (always flawed) panel. It's a real shame but I've not yet seen reports of a properly fixed 43".

I don't blame the OEMs. AUO needs to sort their tech out.
Problem is if they "sort out the tech" you couldn't afford it. Eizo /Radforce medical is an example of unaffordability to the masses, designed and marketed to the consummate medical or photographic professional.

Last edited:
Problem is if they "sort out the tech" you couldn't afford it. Eizo /Radforce medical is an example of unaffordability to the masses, designed and marketed to the consummate medical or photographic professional.
Every other LCD panel I've ever used, including the one I'm using to type this message, can display the signal sent to it without each row of pixels bleeding into the one below it.

Current AUO 43" panels cannot.

I've already said it's obvious that some can live with it but at this point no one can deny it's there. All 43" LCD displays I've seen or read up on are these same AUO panels, they all have the same flaw.

It has been documented by myself and others several times on this forum. RTINGS have also mentioned it on reviews of 43" panels. It's completely unavoidable.

Whether it matters is up to the individual. I personally can't stand it.

The problem is that the "flaw" is not affecting most user (not that it's not a valid concern).
Why put flaw in quotes? It's a known, documented hardware flaw pointed out by several users and pro reviewers when any 43" LCD comes up. It isn't going anywhere.

Feels like another attempt to downplay the issue.

Why put flaw in quotes? It's a known, documented hardware flaw pointed out by several users and pro reviewers when any 43" LCD comes up. It isn't going anywhere.

Feels like another attempt to downplay the issue.
Cause most user will not notice it and there's not enough returns for the manufacturer to make the necessary changes. I used mine for 2 years without it bothering me. It's there if you really get close to the screen but not really a problem for most for daily use. Not saying that it's not affecting some but not enough sales impact to warrant a change (at least till they upgrade to the next gen manufacturing equipments).

Actually what are you using now? I just took a close look at the Chrome taps on the top of the screen of the QN90B and I don't see any color shift on the text (and I do run at 100%).

Last edited:
Bring out yer dead (topics)

Ordered one on the recent $380+free ship deal. For this price, I'm willing to take a chance to replace my cheap Samsung UN40NU6070. I've read that the firmware update available March 2024 helps with the input issues. I won't be able to speak to the rest of it until sometime next week.

Back