42" OLED MASTER THREAD

Murzilka

[H]ard|Gawd
Personally, I will not be going back to the 55" pc gaming, no way. I was too happy disassembling the 2x1.2 meters table dedicated to the 55 incher.

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I know this is a 42" OLED thread, but I just purchased the Samsung S95B 55" QD-OLED and my god, god tier gaming display if you have the room. Brightness and colors absolutely destroy LG OLEDs, and 144 Hz 4K too.

Good luck with that model, I've read a ton of issues with those new Samsung TV's.

Vega

Supreme [H]ardness
Sounds exaggerated

~1,500 nits (on older firmware) on the Samsung vs ~700-800 nits on the LG, with ~99% DCI-P3 color volume on the Samsung, vs 72% DCI-P3 color volume on the LG's is an absolute massive difference. I know, I've had like six LG OLEDs. WRGB oled is like bargain bin tech compared to QD-OLED and Samsung has leapfrogged LG hordcore.

Personally, I will not be going back to the 55" pc gaming, no way. I was too happy disassembling the 2x1.2 meters table dedicated to the 55 incher.

I thought the same thing until I switched back. I thought for sure going back to a 55" I'd have it packed up within a day. Just the immersion you get in the game world is insane versus smaller screen. My G8 feels like a toy now lol. And going from 120 Hz on OLED to 144 Hz is a larger difference in motion clarity than one would think. 144 Hz on this S95B has around the same motion clarity as my G8 at 200-220 Hz.

Good luck with that model, I've read a ton of issues with those new Samsung TV's.

It took a little fenagling but she's a beaut. You also must keep the older firmware and not upgrade, but it's fine by me as everything works bright and smooth and I only use it for PC.

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
~1,500 nits (on older firmware) on the Samsung vs ~700-800 nits on the LG, with ~99% DCI-P3 color volume on the Samsung, vs 72% DCI-P3 color volume on the LG's is an absolute massive difference. I know, I've had like six LG OLEDs. WRGB oled is like bargain bin tech compared to QD-OLED and Samsung has leapfrogged LG hordcore.

I thought the same thing until I switched back. I thought for sure going back to a 55" I'd have it packed up within a day. Just the immersion you get in the game world is insane versus smaller screen. My G8 feels like a toy now lol. And going from 120 Hz on OLED to 144 Hz is a larger difference in motion clarity than one would think. 144 Hz on this S95B has around the same motion clarity as my G8 at 200-220 Hz.

It took a little fenagling but she's a beaut. You also must keep the older firmware and not upgrade, but it's fine by me as everything works bright and smooth and I only use it for PC.

Do they make a smaller size in that model?

elvn

Supreme [H]ardness
I'd love a curved 4k at 48inch or 8k at 55inch

MBPT56W_d.png

But I could make a flat 55 inch 4k work distance wise untethered from the desk.

I'll have to add a 55 inch to this image later but you could extrapolate. 4 foot viewing distance +/- if you want to get 70PPD to 77PPD and 50-55deg viewing angle is a pretty big command/media center spread for most people though.

~64 PPD at 3.5' would work but I'd rather be at 70+. Could depend on if I was running uw rez on it and what kind of game. I could adjust on the fly as my desk is on caster wheels and my screens aren't and won't be coupled to my desk.

55" 4k at 52inch view ~> 50deg angle 77 PPD

55" 4k at 46inch view ~> 55deg angle 70 PPD

55" 4k at 42inch view ~> 60deg angle 64 PPD

tJWvzHy_d.png