400gb SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 - $99 shipped

they probably fudged up with that additional coupon, so its up at that price again, but shit they still took our money from their grubby hands and they still made some profit out of it

not so hot anymore... might as well go for the $150 500gb samsungs... but i'm gonna hold off until day after xmas

Got my drives today. Here is one of them and how Newegg ships OEM drives. To be fair, I should point out that sometimes you get an extra layer or two of bubble wrap in addition to what you see in my pictures.

IMG_0701_1.jpg

IMG_0690_1.jpg

IMG_0684_1.jpg

I emailed Newegg (NE) about my "lost" order (have yet to received any notice past "Phase 1"). A reply was sent last night at about 11:30pmPST that NE tech support "thinks" I didn't complete my Paypal checkout (hardly likely, since I have done 40+ Paypal transactions, a number of which have been with NE, plus I am not the only person whose order has gone nowhere!). It was suggested that I cancel the order and "reorder". No chance of that- I will not pay $20 more than the price that NE confirmed I was getting the drive for. My response was exactly that, and I gave NE fair warning that the BBB will get a complaint against both NE and Paypal if this FUBAR continues without a favorable resolution. I'm determined to hold them to $99 for the drive, or I seriously re-think any future business with the "Egg". (A shame, too, as I'm looking to buy a 20-22" LCD monitor soon after Xmas……)

Hey, let me tell you something about Paypal and Newegg. It doesn't work anymore for me.

I've tried to make about 5 purchases over the last week and none of them went through. They all got stuck at step one. All of them for well over 24 hours.

I called Newegg twice. The first time I was told that everything including email addresses and phone numbers had to be exact. Knowing that I had some old cell numbers still listed here and there I went in and updated them then placed another order. Still didn't work.

I called again and the first words out of my mouth were, hey, I need to get these items BEFORE Friday for a build and again, Paypal is not working for me ... So ... could you just give me your Paypal account info and I will just send the payment in. Of course I was told no, we cannot do this.

Anyways, sucks. I have a ton of money in my Paypal account and the one place I shop doesn't seem to be allowing the payments, for me at least anyways to go through.

rthefley said:
Hey, let me tell you something about Paypal and Newegg. It doesn't work anymore for me.

I've tried to make about 5 purchases over the last week and none of them went through. They all got stuck at step one. All of them for well over 24 hours.

I called Newegg twice. The first time I was told that everything including email addresses and phone numbers had to be exact. Knowing that I had some old cell numbers still listed here and there I went in and updated them then placed another order. Still didn't work.

I called again and the first words out of my mouth were, hey, I need to get these items BEFORE Friday for a build and again, Paypal is not working for me ... So ... could you just give me your Paypal account info and I will just send the payment in. Of course I was told no, we cannot do this.

Anyways, sucks. I have a ton of money in my Paypal account and the one place I shop doesn't seem to be allowing the payments, for me at least anyways to go through.

hmm thats wierd. Either paypal is screwing up or newegg got some issue with their Paypal's record

rthefley: You will be just fine. Mine was the same but it went through.

Mine is already out for delivery! I love the UPS ground shipping from California to Nevada.
It usually arrives less than 24 hours. Just like overnight :D

Just got 3 boxes delivered.
Packaging is pretty awesome.
2 boxes containing a HD and another box containing qx6700 all arrived safely.
neweggboxzq0.jpg

k00lance said:
Just got 3 boxes delivered.
Packaging is pretty awesome.
2 boxes containing a HD and another box containing qx6700 all arrived safely.
(image)

I am impressed with that packing job. Pretty good.

Josh Hazel said:
I wish this thread would end. There is nothing left to be said as the sale is over.

I agree...I keep getting lured into this one in hopes that the deal was renewed.

Josh Hazel said:
I wish this thread would end. There is nothing left to be said as the sale is over.

I agree...I keep getting lured into this one in hopes that the deal was renewed.

You both realize, that be posting these comments, it is you keeping the thread alive (as am I just now)

And also you two dont realize, you continue to discuss the deal as it goes on. Funny, if it were the opposite (Everyone getting horrible packaging) im sure you woudnt have posted.

Josh Hazel said:
They are in stock now and the code still works. It's $119.99 instead of $99.99...a warm deal now. Hey, but at least the promo code still works. $0.30 per gig is a pretty darn good deal, imo.

Back