400gb SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 - $99 shipped

I've been buying hard drives from Newegg for years and never had a single one go bad. As long as it's in an anti-static container, the bubble wrap and peanuts method is quite adequate. These drives are rated "68 G operating" and "300 G storage" shock tolerance.

300 G is pretty safe, no? ;)

can the coupon be entered for multiple orders and work? that way all the drives i want to get will be 100 bucks :)

matrix563 said:
can the coupon be entered for multiple orders and work? that way all the drives i want to get will be 100 bucks :)

Well, yes, other people have gotten it to work for two (or more) separate orders. The only problem is that the drive is out of stock. Here's hoping it comes back in again later this week.

mucker said:
I've been buying hard drives from Newegg for years and never had a single one go bad. As long as it's in an anti-static container, the bubble wrap and peanuts method is quite adequate. These drives are rated "68 G operating" and "300 G storage" shock tolerance.

300 G is pretty safe, no? ;)
i'm not too sure i think that means when it's turned on

btw there were some back in stock like 20 minutes ago. but when i added it cart said remvoed cuz there's no more in stock

Interesting. So how does ZZF pack their OEM HDs?
I've only bought HDs from Newegg and Frys in the past.

k00lance said:
Interesting. So how does ZZF pack their OEM HDs?
I've only bought HDs from Newegg and Frys in the past.

ZZF in my experience packs them in a thick foam type of box that the drive fits in pretty snug....which is great IMO.

Newegg.com said:
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated.

Damn. Well, the 500GB+250GB combo for $210 shipped doesn't look so bad for those of us who missed out on this.

kakarotxiv said:
i'm not too sure i think that means when it's turned on

btw there were some back in stock like 20 minutes ago. but when i added it cart said remvoed cuz there's no more in stock

Well, I don't think it will be running while being shipped, but I've been known to be wrong....;)

Wow, for the first time, I am extremely dissapointed with newegg.
I bought 2 of these yesterday and today I was notified by Newegg they didn't receive the funds for my order. I immediately check /w my paypal account and they have taken money(PP balance) off my account. I wonder what is going on? Perheps they don't want to sell me because the price is too low? My orders are stuck at step 1 and Newegg said my orders will be void. :mad:

There are a ton of problems with Newegg and Paypal @ the moment...

you need to call and clear them up buddy :(

~Joe

I ordered 2 of these on seperate orders. I paid with a credit card and the other with Paypal. Credit order went through and is being shipped, the paypal order is stuck on step one for 3 days already. I contacted both paypal and newegg, and they are blaming each other. Newegg even suggested for me to cancel the order and replace it, wth?

I didn't mess around this time, I ordered 4 of them. I got my tracking numbers sat or Sunday in fact. I get them the 20th. I had to order them one at a time.

g3no said:
Yeah whats the status of the 5yr warranty its not referenced on Newegg, does Seagate give em out for the OEM drives?

Seagate does honor the 5 year warranty on all its hard drives, OEM or not. I bought an OEM 300GB from Newegg five months ago. When that hard drive died due to a faulty power supply, Seagate replaced my 300GB with a 400GB hard drive! Considering I only paid $100 for the 300GB!

Anyway, yes the five year warranty does apply to Seagate OEM hard drives.

Too bad what? What do you mean IDE?

We all bought SATA drives and even the Tiger Direct drive 2 posts above is SATA. I guess I don't understand what you mean by "Too bad it's IDE."

Looks like the drives we purchased are completely gone, or replaced with something with a different model #..../shrug, our model # is ST3400620AS there is a ST3400620A, anyone know the difference?

JBrinley said:
There are a ton of problems with Newegg and Paypal @ the moment...

you need to call and clear them up buddy :(

~Joe

what's real funny is that I made 3 orders and 2 of them are the HDs.
They did my 1st order fine but 2nd and 3rd are both stuck at step 1.

Cyraxx said:
our model # is ST3400620AS there is a ST3400620A, anyone know the difference?

the ones we bought were sata, the other w/o the 'S' is ide...

Mikey122687 said:
Lol mine is still step 1. Gonna give them shit tomorrow :D

What they will tell you is "they get payment from Paypal once and once ONLY."
The guy I talked to earlier today said if the payment doesn't go through the first time, then it will be nullified. Bunch of BS.

k00lance said:
What they will tell you is "they get payment from Paypal once and once ONLY."
The guy I talked to earlier today said if the payment doesn't go through the first time, then it will be nullified. Bunch of BS.

? what do you mean? I'm out $107.25 already, and newegg says that they don't have the $$$?

Mikey122687 said:
? what do you mean? I'm out $107.25 already, and newegg says that they don't have the $$$?

I bought 2 using my paypal balance and they took the money off my account.
I called both Newegg and Paypal and they said my orders will be void in a couple of days and the money will be back to my account. I

k00lance said:
I bought 2 using my paypal balance and they took the money off my account.
I called both Newegg and Paypal and they said my orders will be void in a couple of days and the money will be back to my account. I
Sounds like a success story. :D

Well i had 2 orders from paypal, one done on sunday one on monday. Talked to newegg with live chat, the order from sunday he was somehow able to put through, but the one on monday he said he couldnt? and it would have to be cancled? Seems like a crapshoot here to me.

cooldude918 said:
Well i had 2 orders from paypal, one done on sunday one on monday. Talked to newegg with live chat, the order from sunday he was somehow able to put through, but the one on monday he said he couldnt? and it would have to be cancled? Seems like a crapshoot here to me.

Do you think this is all happening because they made a price error?
I think they made a mistake adding extra $20 off.

Sorry i guess i should mention i didnt even order this drive, lol!. I just saw people talking about paypal problems, and thought i would mention i was having problems too. So no, its nothing to do with this drive.

i love this deal was looking at it for the past 3 days hoping it would be back in stock and i woke up this morning just in time for this to be back in stock and ordered one. whoopie this deal rocks, just as much as my order of the corsair psu. damn my wallet is getting smaller everyday this holiday season

Now I think of about this more seriously.. I should have used my Paypal debitcard instead.
How stupid of me.. why did I get this card for :rolleyes:

k00lance said:
Now I think of about this more seriously.. I should have used my Paypal debitcard instead.
How stupid of me.. why did I get this card for :rolleyes:

how can you use the paypal debit card? i thought Paypal removed the virtual credit card?

Mikey122687 said:
how can you use the paypal debit card? i thought Paypal removed the virtual credit card?

You can sign up for it. I think the option is on the left side of your paypal screen.
And BTW, I met a wonderful CSR @ newegg and guess what?
My orders are finally processed! Mikey, you should check your e-mail box.
Your order could be processed also.

k00lance said:
You can sign up for it. I think the option is on the left side of your paypal screen.
And BTW, I met a wonderful CSR @ newegg and guess what?
My orders are finally processed! Mikey, you should check your e-mail box.
Your order could be processed also.

I'm chating with a rep and he suggested that i should cancel my order

edit: they charged my paypal. I guess i'm in :p

Yeah, my order (placed 12/16) is stuck at Phase 1 also. But I used PayPal Credit.

WTF is going on with Newegg? I've never had a problem with them completing an order in a timely fashion....... before this little FUBAR. Or is it PayPal that's stuffed? :confused:

Well, quite obviously the only people getting stuck at phase 1 used paypal (Atleast, thats the general image im getting, correct me if im wrong?), used my Non-Paypal straight up Credit Card via Newegg and it worked fine - anyone else otherwise?

Back