400gb SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 - $99 shipped

Diashto

Limp Gawd
Stolen from Slickdeals:

Newegg has 400GB OEM Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Serial ATA hard drive with perpendicular technology for $140 - $20 instant - $20 coupon FREDSBARCUDA1211 = $100 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822148138

Model
Brand Seagate
Series Barracuda 7200.10
Model ST3400620AS

Performance
Interface SATA 3.0Gb/s
Capacity 400GB
RPM 7200 RPM
Cache 16MB
Average Seek Time 8.5ms
Average Latency 4.16ms

This sorta stuff makes it really hard to stay in budget during the holidays!

I tried the code on the 500gb and 750gb, unfortunately doesn't work.

This is a nice deal though, but I am set on at minimum a 500gb drive, which the Samsung is $149.

Athough, for $50 more I could get two of these. Hmm.

Just yesterday I was indicating someone else should wait and not buy the 300 but instead wait for the $99 400gb =)

Yeah, I saw this, too. Very cool, but I'm looking forward to when the 500's are this price.

Does Seagate still honor their 5 year warranty on OEM products?

Btw, is there something about the 500GB drives that better than the 400GB drive that I should know about? (other than the 100GB storage difference)

i think monday i get some cash. i think at that time i will order this.

excellent find.

The packaging for hd's from newegg is pretty good last time I got one.

uhhh how else do you ship an OEM HD :rolleyes:

Awesome deal by the way! ;)

It appears you can't use this multiple times, at least it doesn't work multiple times if you have multiple of the harddrives in the cart. Awsome deal if you need a single drive though.

Yeah whats the status of the 5yr warranty its not referenced on Newegg, does Seagate give em out for the OEM drives?

Cyraxx said:
uhhh how else do you ship an OEM HD :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks for the attitude. OEM HDDs can also shipped in plastic bubbles, the same packaging as retail sans box, and other methods.

The read/write head is parked but am concerned about impact absorption. Oh well, that's why I shop at newegg and buy drives with a 5 year warranty

hokatichenci said:
It appears you can't use this multiple times, at least it doesn't work multiple times if you have multiple of the harddrives in the cart. Awsome deal if you need a single drive though.

I ordered two one by one, and that was ~1:10, 1:30 and its OOS? Wow I got lucky...Best of luck to the rest of you :(

cosmos said:
Wow, thanks for the attitude. OEM HDDs can also shipped in plastic bubbles, the same packaging as retail sans box, and other methods.

The read/write head is parked but am concerned about impact absorption. Oh well, that's why I shop at newegg and buy drives with a 5 year warranty

I apologize for any attitude you thought I was giving, I was simply meaning, anyone who has ever bought an OEM Drive, if wrapping it in a static bag in bubble wrap a few times in packing peanuts isnt enough, how is anyone expected to ship when there is no retail box?

I bought two barracudas a month ago, love them. I wish I had this deal.

adg1034 said:
How would you go about doing that?

I was comparing the price difference between getting the Samsung 500gb at $150 vs 2 of these 400gb's at $200. The Samsung also operates cooler which is a plus if your case is full of drives.

Tae said:
I was comparing the price difference between getting the Samsung 500gb at $150 vs 2 of these 400gb's at $200. The Samsung also operates cooler which is a plus if your case is full of drives.

Gotcha.

Cyraxx said:
I ordered two one by one, and that was ~1:10, 1:30 and its OOS? Wow I got lucky...Best of luck to the rest of you :(

I apologize for any attitude you thought I was giving, I was simply meaning, anyone who has ever bought an OEM Drive, if wrapping it in a static bag in bubble wrap a few times in packing peanuts isnt enough, how is anyone expected to ship when there is no retail box?

when i got my 320gb 7200.10, they where bubblewrapped and in some hd hard plastic case then in a box of peanuts lol. I had ordered 2 320gb when those where the hot thing a few months ago.. Raid 0 setup on em

OEM does not mean bubblewrap
Reviewed By: nishiryu on 12/15/2006 Reviewed By: nishiryu on 12/15/2006 Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: Excellent, solid drive; I ordered two of them for my Power Mac G5, and they were easy to install, connect, format, and (ahem) fill...

Cons: Instead of the usual OEM shipping bubble, the drives were wrapped in bubble wrap with a band of plastic tape sort of thrown over them. This might be good for bricks, but not for high-density data storage devices.

Agreed. Though no matter how many times I've seen them I cannot get myself to push the trigger on Newegg HD's. I will always buy my OEM from ZZF as they properly package them.

Seen too many HD's go from Newegg. Very nice deal but my info is TOO valuable to risk. OEM = ZZF or Retail anywhere cheap.

When I first joined I had no clue and always bought HD's from Egg. I love EGG except for the HD packaging. Terrible. I <3 Egg btw. Anyway, I saw a few drives go, 1 of mine, and wondered what was going on. The thing they had in common was NE.

I then read a few posts on H from reputable guys and learned that you cannot pack an HD that is soo fragile any way you can. I will always pay a bit more for my HD's because the info is too valuable. Haven't had a drive go since then, except some junk Hitachi (never buy them again) and I'm guessing it's because I don't buy OEM, except from ZZF or I buy retail.

I've learned to always back up, the hard way, and even will burn some info on DVD's.

If you care for ur info buy HD's at NE retail or OEM @ ZZF.

Nevertheless it is a GREAT price and am/was tempted. :D

MC FLMJIG said:
When I first joined I had no clue and always bought HD's from Egg. I love EGG except for the HD packaging. Terrible. I <3 Egg btw. Anyway, I saw a few drives go, 1 of mine, and wondered what was going on. The thing they had in common was NE.

I then read a few posts on H from reputable guys and learned that you cannot pack an HD that is soo fragile any way you can. I will always pay a bit more for my HD's because the info is too valuable. Haven't had a drive go since then, except some junk Hitachi (never buy them again) and I'm guessing it's because I don't buy OEM, except from ZZF or I buy retail.

I've learned to always back up, the hard way, and even will burn some info on DVD's.

Well i bought all OEM HDs from newegg and mine was stacked with bubble wraps and peanuts. I can drop the package 2 stories high and it wouldn't break. Thats how secure it is

Mikey122687 said:
Well i bought all OEM HDs from newegg and mine was stacked with bubble wraps and peanuts. I can drop the package 2 stories high and it wouldn't break. Whats how secure it is
agreed. besides, harddrives can withstand alot of g shock when not in use. well not that much but nothing some decent padding and cardboard that can withstand a few dumb delivery people

matrix563 said:
agreed. besides, harddrives can withstand alot of g shock when not in use. well not that much but nothing some decent padding and cardboard that can withstand a few dumb delivery people

Yeah, and they use styrofoam blocks for the HD too so the drive wouldn't move

MC FLMJIG said:

You are quite obviously misinformed, or havent had much experience, I have bought my hard drives for myself, and my customers from newegg for the past 10 years, never once had anything but the HD in a static bag, wrapped 2-3 the times in big bubble wrap, taped secure, and surrounded by peanuts.

Again, you are misinformed or you and yourself have had this bad experience, and need to inform Newegg because thats an error.

damn OOS... good deal tho... hopefully the code will work once its back in stock

Cyraxx said:
You are quite obviously misinformed, or havent had much experience, I have bought my hard drives for myself, and my customers from newegg for the past 10 years, never once had anything but the HD in a static bag, wrapped 2-3 the times in big bubble wrap, taped secure, and surrounded by peanuts.

Again, you are misinformed or you and yourself have had this bad experience, and need to inform Newegg because thats an error.

If you search the forums you will find out what I'm saying. Don't know if it has popped up lately. Newegg does NOT properly package HD's.

Not just myself but people I know were having issues. Since I stopped buying and recommending from Newegg coincidently the issues have stopped.

Don't really care. Your $. Your info. In my case not worth the risk.

Out.

like others, i've always been satisfied with newegg's oem hdds, nothing's wrong with their packaging.. btw even though im stuck paying CA tax whenever i shop from them, i still do it cuz if anything goes wrong, the egg's got your back..

anyway, been waiting for a deal like this for a while, i grabbed 2 earlier this morning (now it's oos) thanks OP! :)

Back