$400 Fury X clearance sale on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know when that is? I'm not even sure which rumor is correct for the RX 490 any more (dual-480 Polaris chip or small Vega?).

If Lisa Su was correct and there were only going to be three released cards in 2016 and we have the RX 480 (released), and the RX 470 and RX 460 (announced but not released), we're looking at 2017 (or, another 6 months) before we'll see anything else GPU-wise from AMD.

400 USD for a Fury X now isn't a bad deal.

Now, if we're going to see a RX 490 prior to the end of this year, then it might be better to wait and see.

If Lisa Su was correct and there were only going to be three released cards in 2016 and we have the RX 480 (released), and the RX 470 and RX 460 (announced but not released), we're looking at 2017 (or, another 6 months) before we'll see anything else GPU-wise from AMD.
Did the full text of that call get posted anywhere yet?

Sorry, I was going by 1) the RX 4xx release by Lisa Su, and 2) a paraphrase of what I've read here on the forum. If what I heard is incorrect, then what I said doesn't make much sense. ;)

I would be all over a FuryX if we could get the equivalent price here. Unfortunately they still sell here for around $1,000 US. It's bloody criminal the price gouging on PC hardware here. The 1080 is the same exact price as t he FuryX.

AMD fucked up BAD with this card. Calling it a Prosumer card when really it has zero pro features that Fire pro cards have. Its Not one of there better decisions imo

They def did this time around with the card. I am just waiting for that card to drop like a hotcake (in price) if it does I want to grab one. Just the other day I purchased a used XFX FuryX off of Craigslist (here in the DC metro area) for $275 after the person was not able to sell it for $350. I lowballed him and he blinked a day later.

I have been toying with the idea of letting my current Tri-Fire setup go. If the Radeon Pro does go down in price, I'll swoop in like I did with the 295X2 when it was $649 on The Egg. I am thinking sometime in Sept/Oct/Nov we may see some price drops to clear inventory like they did in late 2014/early 2015.

Meh, not that hot. The 1070 still beats it in performance most of the time, has twice the memory, is more overclockable, and uses way less power.

Why would you want to pay $400 for 980 level performance when AMD is now selling 980 level performance with 4GB ram for $199?

Meanwhile, the 390X is still priced at $370-430. Makes no fucking sense. At this point that card should be clearanced down to $250.

250 USD is fair. It doesn't have GCN 1.4 features but it's a decent card at the wrong price in today's market.

Edit to add: If 390x was selling for 250 or 275 USD my decision of a new card to purchase would have been very easy.

I honestly think it should be $200. But what do I know?

250 USD is fair. It doesn't have GCN 1.4 features but it's a decent card at the wrong price in today's market.

Edit to add: If 390x was selling for 250 or 275 USD my decision of a new card to purchase would have been very easy.

I just want a second one. But I'm not about to pay $400 for one.

They will come down I do believe. Maybe the Fiji line needs to be cleared first and sell all the RX 480's as possible before competing with them with the R390(x).

AMD fucked up BAD with this card. Calling it a Prosumer card when really it has zero pro features that Fire pro cards have. Its Not one of there better decisions imo

I'm not sure they really intended to sell many of those, I think they just released it as a halo card to sell their lower-end cards. The price is not and has never been competitive. So good luck getting a deal on one because they probably only made about 1000 of them total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back